2024/25 Sean Dyche

In 7 years, my views have not changed

IMG_3308.webp

Can’t be bothered looking at the actual stats but our home record compared to other established PL teams in recent years must be the worst by a long way. This is a massive handicap and bizarre that it continues season after season
2018 W10 D4 L5
2019 W10 D4 L5
2020 W8 D7 L4
2021 W6 D4 L9
2022 W9 D2 L8
2023 W6 D3 L10
2024 W8 D4 L7

Sharp decline under Carlo

I think yesterday stands a top the very long list of horrible Goodison experiences you know. To have played so well and play the best stuff I've seen us play in a long time... Only to completely surrender the game. And it was fully on Dyche.

I think there are some games that managers never return from.
That game yesterday suggests we aren’t actually that bad of a team if we had the right man on the line.

The real game changer will come when fans in the stadium turn on him with chants, banners etc. That will get huge publicity and force the hand of the club. At the moment that hasn't happened. Let's hope we don't leave it too late.

That's just not even true. Maybe we have no idea who could even sack him but we've always paid really well size just after Moyes.
I’m not saying we don’t pay managers well, I’m saying the iron who makes the decisions on hiring, firing, compensation, salaries etc has completely checked out. There’s no-one else with the authority to make those decisions either. Ridiculous situation- we’re completely rudderless and in limbo until the ownership is resolved

so many people saying this.
I dont get it at all.
Moshiri wants out. Anyone worth their salt has some sort of caveat about relegation baked in to an offer.
He's the one who stands to lose the most if Dyche isnt working out.
He's also worth way more now than when he bought in.
Of course he'd ok the change if it at all helps the value/appeal of his asset.
Sure. If you’re rational and make good decisions. I think he’s just not wanting to cough up the compensation to Dyche on top of the new manager’s salary when he can hope the sale is completed soon and it becomes someone else’s financial hit

We are paying £5m for a substandard product.
That amount should be able to buy a manager who can manage a game .
Let’s not pretend we are paying championship level wages , despite employing a manager best suited to that level.

Without the points deductions last season we would have finished 12th. For £5m that is money well spent.

We battered Bournemouth yesterday, even their manager admitted we deserved to win. Garner should have come on for wee Tim or the new CB on and a back 3, but that shouldn't mean the GK and back 4 get a free pass to let in 3 goals in 8-9 minutes.

Similar thing happened under Ancelotti against Newcastle. Branthwaite & Tarks aside, our defence isn't great. Myko is usually good 1v1 but has looked off the boil since the season started.

Coleman is a great servant, but he aint what he used to be. We really needed to have secured someone like Trippier in the window.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back