2024/25 Sean Dyche

We're always told a playing squad is a reflection of the man in charge.
That gutless surrender yesterday was the worst I've ever seen in over 50 yrs of watching them.
That's on Dyche.
His squad, his gutless bunch of cowards.
Dyche has killed any belief they had with his constant reinforcing of relegation candidates. Between that and what appears to be now digs at fans he has to go. A better manager gets a lot more out of that team.

In 7 years, my views have not changed

View attachment 271604
Here was my view 7 years ago in a long ago closed 'would you have Dyche' thread. Ended up being pretty spot on actually. :lol:

Dyche2017.webp

Dyche has killed any belief they had with his constant reinforcing of relegation candidates. Between that and what appears to be now digs at fans he has to go. A better manager gets a lot more out of that team.
Yeah,my thoughts yesterday were this squad with the right gaffer in charge could be a team finishing between tenth or eighth place,his negativity is draining,time I think to shake his hand,thank him for his efforts but a more rounded modern day boss is needed here.

On why Ndiaye was substituted, Dyche explained: "He was fatigued. He had run hard by then. Premier League fitness, as you know... he is a very fit boy but I thought he was fatiguing at that stage. It’s one of those things. It was definitely fatigue.

“We could see his recovery was getting harder because he carried the ball and when you carry the ball it is fatiguing but I thought he did very well overall, without a doubt.”

Is he having an f'ing laugh?
McNeil, Harrison, both Central mids looked utterly goosed, yet he tries out the old premier league fitness as to why he took of Ndiaye.

Off the top of my head: Both Pochettino and Potter are sitting around, twiddling their thumbs and doing nothing at the moment... And both would do a better job than Dyche.

But as per usual, we have no ambition, and we'll wait until the last possible minute before making a change!
Probably only after the takeover because it appears that Moshiri doesn't give a toss any more.
Those managers aren't joining Everton.

I looked at the running stats last season and Everton were near enough top in most of the metrics in terms of miles covered etc. We're not a possession team so we're chasing the ball a lot of the game and rely on the players putting a huge shift in. Optimal fitness levels just aren't there in August and we couldn't cope with Bournemouth's fresh legs, despite dominating the game. Dyche should have reacted with better subs.

On why Ndiaye was substituted, Dyche explained: "He was fatigued. He had run hard by then. Premier League fitness, as you know... he is a very fit boy but I thought he was fatiguing at that stage. It’s one of those things. It was definitely fatigue.

“We could see his recovery was getting harder because he carried the ball and when you carry the ball it is fatiguing but I thought he did very well overall, without a doubt.”

McNeil, Harrison, both Central mids looked utterly goosed, yet he tries out the old premier league fitness as to why he took of Ndiaye.

Just to add, literally everybody in football states it's way more tiring playing without the ball then with it, not good old Sean though having the ball fatigues you apparently.

It’s an easy excuse for him to worm out of. He can say they have the metrics, so only they know who is close to infamous “red line” of fitness

Clearly eyes don’t matter when watching these players blow tugs

We made the big mistake hiring Rafael after Carlo.

Yeah, he was decent at Newcastle... But over his prime where he was an over-average manager surely.

Who were the other candidates back then?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back