2024/25 Sean Dyche

His limitations were exposed yesterday. A very good performance for 80 minutes from his game plan A. But managers earn their money just as much from in game management. His after match comments are even worse about he could sniff it. Why at 2-1 then not change it. You've still got options of fresh legs on the bench. Why stand there and watch fatigued players switching off costing goals.
Extremely limited stubborn manager.
Bournemouth were awful, but that little Dracula looking fella they’ve got just totally changed his gameplan and players, saw it wasn’t working for them and thought let’s have a go.

Dyche froze and did not react to their changes or our players visibly tiring, criminal management from him, and he was totally let down by cowardly experienced premier league footballers unable to manage and see out a football match - a dreadful combination.

…I generally support him but I was taken aback by his post-match comment that ‘he could smell what was going to happen’.

Not sure if that was a reference to the nervousness in the crowd, but it really was up to him to protect the lead with two banks of 4 sitting deep and Doucoure also working behind the ball. It’s an automatic system they utilised enough last season to see games out but we were a stretched rabble in that dark 10mins.

…I generally support him but I was taken aback by his post-match comment that ‘he could smell what was going to happen’.

Not sure if that was a reference to the nervousness in the crowd, but it really was up to him to protect the lead with two banks of 4 sitting deep and Doucoure also working behind the ball. It’s an automatic system they utilised enough last season to see games out but we were a stretched rabble in that dark 10mins.

I took it as meaning the crowd and atmosphere, given he's taken a few pops in that direction recently mate.

A team 2-0 down in any league with 3 minutes to go will throw caution to the wind and go for it, no matter who they are. They have to do it by the quickest means possible which is usually by lumping it in to the box at the first opportunity, which is exactly what Bournemouth did, you don't need to be a millionaire manager to guess this.

Goals 2 and 3 were hideous, basically free headers. We had a 6'6" giant on the bench at the time, please don't tell me Sean he'd not have got his head on one of those crosses. The substitutions were mind blowing. He really does not know the meaning of "seeing a game out" does he?
When were 2-1 down at half time against Luton last September. Their manager brought in 3rd CB on at half time, because he knew exactly what dyche would do. And their 3 defenders headed Everything away. And this was Rob Edwards, who’s mainly been a lower league manager.

He doesn't know his players abilities and how they work.

His line yesterday about stopping closing down up top after he took off the players responsible for that and replacing them with players who do not / cannot, spoke volumes..

We probably need at least 8 points from the next 12 and if there isn't confidence in him getting them, then he needs ejecting.

He's down to 2-1 at the bookies now to be the next manager sacked . Hopefully the bookies are right and it happens soon

….councidentally, I was just looking at that. It was 5-1 across the board when I posted last night;

IMG_0122.webp

I took it as meaning the crowd and atmosphere, given he's taken a few pops in that direction recently mate.
Think it’s a not so subtle dig at the fans, but where I was in the TB, there was no nervousness, just anger and lots of shouts for bringing legs on in the middle and defence, especially just before and after they scored the first.

If he could see/smell what we could on the pitch why didn’t he react?

He's too comfortable now. Made millions out of the club. If he gets sacked, he will get a huge payout and snapped up by a relegation-fodder club, where he can manage expectations. Moshiri doesn't strike me as the type who is on the phone to Dyche, voicing his concerns. Just a deer in the headlights, desperately trying to get out of the club.
Moshiri stands to lose an enormous amount of money if we get relegated, on top of what he's already lost. As that prospect becomes more of a reality, he surely can't stand back and do nothing. The cost of sacking Dyche would be chickenfeed compared to the cost of relegation.

When were 2-1 down at half time against Luton last September. Their manager brought in 3rd CB on at half time, because he knew exactly what dyche would do. And their 3 defenders headed Everything away. And this was Rob Edwards, who’s mainly been a lower league manager.
I remember us having 80% percent possession, but not getting dangerous at all. Somewhat what Burnley did in our stadium at the 1:0.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back