2024/25 Sean Dyche

He has a big focus on fitness. A good chunk of his chosen backroom staff at Everton were focused on players being fit and managing recovery post match and in rehab. Definitely wasn't overly arsed about playing pretty football either when the players didn't suit, much more pragmatic often fairly dull.

No criticism though. Best manager we've had in years.
Of course Carlo had fitness coaches as every manager does, but that wasn't his focus. His strength as a manager is adapting to the players at his disposal and building their confidence and self belief.

Dyche is a fitness coach with no tactical flexibility, who drags players down to his level. As I said, polar opposites.

All the positives of yesterday were critically undermined by extremely poor in game management decisions.
As long as that remains a threat through the continued presence of their author we will always be at risk of abject failure however well we are positioned beforehand.
Perhaps if the manager stopped ‘sniffing ‘ everything and learned how to proactively manage a game we might actually get some points on the table.

By who?

Why cant we take the positives from the game - clearly Illy and Tim deserve the credit - it was a good team performance for 98% of the game.

Its a silly person who doesn't acknowledge and try and build on what we did well.

I know you are trying to create a panic station by narrating a sense of despair and project immediacy - but come on.

His substitutions were nothing short of suicidal, Ndaiye was terrorising them down their left side and did not look tired in fact I'm sure he'd have wanted to stay on and try to get the goal to cap his superb display, Calvert Lewin's hold up play had been excellent and he was keeping their centre backs busy. Meanwhile, after another good display, Oroegbunum looked spent after the hour mark, Coleman also was blowing for tugs by then.

When Bournemouth began to bring their fresh players on it was obvious that they were getting control of the midfield and making inroads along our right flank. They were however still getting nowhere down our left due to the threat of Ndaiye.

Dyche decides to take off Ndaiye, a very tidy footballer with very good possession retention and bring on then player with the second worst touch in then league, clumsy Doucoure and then takes off Calvert Lewin and really places him with Beto, the only player in the league with a worse first touch than Doucoure. Mean while Villa Tim is out on his feet, the first sub should have been him off and Garner on, OBrien should have come on for Coleman and either Harrison or McNeil gone into right wing back. If he wanted to further tighten it up he could have brought Dixon or Young on to help out on the right. Under no circumstances should Ndaiye and Calvert Lewin been replaced by Doucoure and Beto, we just constantly conceded them possession once those changes had been made. New owner or not, I think Dyche is on borrowed time now.
Excellent post.
Couldn’t agree more

I know what you mean but to be fair, using yesterday as an example, Ashley Young didn't play and Michael Keane scored a cracker.
We've conceded 10 in 3 with him in the backline. Don't care if he scored the goal of the season he should have been dropped. Should have never been back in the team in the first place after his long history of failure here.

Any managers from Germany available?

IMG_8494.webp

This just went roaring past. Wishful thinking I know.

Sure. If you’re rational and make good decisions. I think he’s just not wanting to cough up the compensation to Dyche on top of the new manager’s salary when he can hope the sale is completed soon and it becomes someone else’s financial hit
Right but what if sitting at the foot of the table with a fractured fan base plays in to his return?
All it takes is Chong going to him and saying 'we should switch to X, here's what it will cost'

Not sure how Keane cost us the winning goal, the whole team fell to pieces.

This is how. Happy to help.

The ball watching for the winning goal sums up exactly why he’s so bad. Most people won’t see that as a direct error, and it won’t be recorded on the stats as one, but a proper centre half is scanning the area, seeing the lad ghosting in at the back post and putting himself in a position to clear the cross. He doesn’t have a clue the lad is there, because he hasn’t checked over his shoulder. This is what people are talking about when they say he causes us to leak 3+ goals per game, it’s little things like this rather than outwardly booting it in his own net or playing a striker clean through.

People have been telling me he’s been “fine” because he hasn’t made a direct howler that’s gifted the opposition a goal, but he hasn’t been fine because he’s not been doing basic duties that a centre back should be doing. It’s just about understanding the game really.

By who?

Why cant we take the positives from the game - clearly Illy and Tim deserve the credit - it was a good team performence.

Its a silly person who doesn't try and build on what we did well.
Because you are refusing to acknowledge how badly the managers decisions and lack of them impacted on the final 15 mins .
You also refuse to consider that this flaw in his skill set has been ever present in his career.
You are attempting to deflect from the evidence of how poor this manager was proved to be yesterday.
For £5m I expect a manager capable of influencing a game positively.
Is that too much to ask !?

Sean Dyche is still the right man for the job. He'll keep us bobbing along until new owners come in and pull the trapdoor lever on him and get a replacement.
Will he keep us in this league? I keep waiting it to catch up with us. Being reliant on three worse teams has to go wrong. I don't believe any of these players can take us to another level, maybe except Branthwaite.

Right but what if sitting at the foot of the table with a fractured fan base plays in to his return?
All it takes is Chong going to him and saying 'we should switch to X, here's what it will cost'
Will we learn from history

Only 2 short years ago at this exact time Everton had been spanked by Bournemouth not once but twice and Everton refused to remove the manager then 2 weeks later sacked him and spent weeks farting about, why do I get the feeling it will happen again. Only advantage this time is no Kenwrong

Mate, the subs were bad. You can admit it while blaming the players as well. There is no defending them subs or players.
It was not subbing Tim, when he was obviously too tired and making costly mistakes, that was just as telling. If nothing else it would have broken Bournemouth's momentum. It makes you wonder what Stone and Woan suggested, if anything.

Will we learn from history

Only 2 short years ago at this exact time Everton had been spanked by Bournemouth not once but twice and Everton refused to remove the manager then 2 weeks later sacked him and spent weeks farting about, why do I get the feeling it will happen again. Only advantage this time is no Kenwrong
I can't sadly not everything happen before the October national break.

I would never want someone like Rooney, Henry or Pirlo as managers then rather keep Dyche, because they were good footballers and have a big name, but are terrible managers, also not someone that has no coaching experience at all at this stage.

Good football is one thing, but a manager that proved to make a club better, maybe even worked with limited funds, honest worker, improved players.

This should be feasible to get. For me Hürzeler looks from what I followed him in 2 years as an upgrade for de Zerbi, because he can adapt game plans.

I like the look of Wil Still a lot mate, besides for his ridiculous name ofc.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back