2024/25 Sean Dyche

So you admit he got the subs wrong at least.
Something he does habitually.
Were you at the game ?
It was easy to see some players were tiring , Iroegbunam. , Harrison and Coleman .
And also that there were perfectly acceptable replacements on the bench , Garner , OBrien , Dixon and Lindstrøm, yet he elected not to utilise them.
Instead by removing two of most effective players and adjusting positions to accommodate Doucoure , he directly caused us to surrender control of the game to the fresh legs of Bournemouth.
It should be noted that Doucoure and Beto had no influence on the game whatsoever.
His decision making cost us 3 points.
It wasn’t just poor management, it was breathtakingly poor management.

Both Ndiaye and DCL were flying yesterday - that was the perfect time to bring in Lindstrom to link up with them rather than getting him on when a games already lost and been given up on and then wondering why he's not looking 'on it'

You didn't :( you just gave me an opinion about a player you don't like.

It's a team game and the team have a responsibility to prevent what happened, but they didn't. Like I said they fell to pieces. We can all pick on individuals; I thought Pickford practically came for the cross with his arm by his side, while Myko strolled back. Danny Murphy seems to blame Iroegbunam.

Iroegbunam was picked out on Match of the Day by Murphy on 31 August for his lack of defensive influence as the Cherries completed a late comeback.

“Fatigue kicks in, small errors, lack of communication, lack of desire, lack of energy, whatever it might be. Iroegbunam switches off, he doesn’t go with the runner.

“There’s danger, you’ve got to get back as quick as you can. Iroegbuam again, he gave everything and I think he was completely knackered and he switches off, not good enough I’m afraid.”
You can't just remove all context though. People haven't decided to blame Michael Keane because they don't like him. For years we've consistently shipped goals whenever he's been in the team, simple as that. The stats don't lie and they are absolutely damning. Acknowledging that isn't absolving others of blame, its just stating the obvious that he should never be starting for us.

Not even his fault either imo he doesn't pick himself. The blame lies with Dyche for continuing to select him.

But it wasn’t an opinion was it, it was a literal description of the goal?

You cannot be using Danny Murphy quotes to back up your statement surely :lol:

I was just using Danny Murphy as an example of how you can blame whoever you want really :D

My view is that everyone has a job to do when seeing the game out. Everyone has to defend, our midfield has to block out their midfield, crosses have to be prevented from coming into our area, all hands to the pumps etc.

I hear you.

However starting the season with these two as he did, for me was gross negligence. We’ve conceded 10 in 3 games.

Young should never have been given a new contract.
Keane wasn’t good enough last season, he’s hardly likely to have improved.

We’ve wasted 17m of a very limited budget on a centre half he doesn’t think should be picked ahead of Michael Keane.

It’s professional negligence on a grand scale.

These first three games have shown us exactly why we needed to buy a centre back. Dyche’s opinion on O’Brien is irrelevant, he is an idiot.

By who?

Why cant we take the positives from the game - clearly Illy and Tim deserve the credit - it was a good team performance for 98% of the game.

Its a silly person who doesn't acknowledge and try and build on what we did well.

I know you are trying to create a panic station by narrating a sense of despair and project immediacy - but come on.

Because sadly he wont change. His plan A had won the game. Unfortunately the other manager had a plan to change it and this is where dyche fails so many times. He has virtually no other game plan to counter act during games. It wasnt even that tactical yesterday. He had players out on their feet and options to change it at 2-1.
It really hit home yesterday how basic and limited he is other than his set up to play plan A.

I was just using Danny Murphy as an example of how you can blame whoever you want really :D

My view is that everyone has a job to do when seeing the game out. Everyone has to defend, our midfield has to block out their midfield, crosses have to be prevented from coming into our area, all hands to the pumps etc.
But it’s fashionable to blame the manager.

The players absolutely cannot have any responsibility at all.

Rather during the world cup.

It was 0 4 2 before the break in September.

Then 2 wins after the break

But then 1-1-5. leaving us with 14 points after 15 games before the world cup.

As we lost against Leicester then 3:0 vs Bournemouth away that was the last game before the world cup.
We played Bournemouth away in the cup and then the league and got beat 8-0 was it over the 2 games

Because sadly he wont change. His plan A had won the game. Unfortunately the other manager had a plan to change it and this is where dyche fails so many times. He has virtually no other game plan to counter act during games. It wasnt even that tactical yesterday. He had players out on their feet and options to change it at 2-1.
It really hit home yesterday how basic and limited he is other than his set up to play plan A.

Don't agree mate, he changed in the second half - first half we went to the wing all the time and sent aimless cross after aimless cross in - i was critical of it being so telegraphed in the first half.

Second half their was a clear priority to get it more central get Tim and Illy on the ball and hurt centrally - it worked - up to the meltdown.

We have players now who can add variance to what we do - we all saw it in the second half.

1725197897955.webp

Subs for me would have been Garner on for Tim around 65, then Dixon on for Seamus, Lindstrom on for either Harrison or McNeil.

We where flying but badly tiring in spots, the latter two of those three would have came on really pumped up, do those changes I think we run out 3-4 up.
Would add that if you must have Ashley Young at the club then being 2 up around 80 minutes and looking for experience to see it out comfortably is really the sort of situation he should be used for.

For a manager who concentrates so much on the physical side of the game it’s unforgivable to leave visibly knackered players on the pitch, the modern game is 16 v 16 and he hasn’t adapted.

Would add that if you must have Ashley Young at the club then being 2 up around 80 minutes and looking for experience to see it out comfortably is really the sort of situation he should be used for.

For a manager who concentrates so much on the physical side of the game it’s unforgivable to leave visibly knackered players on the pitch, the modern game is 16 v 16 and he hasn’t adapted.
It’s a constant theme with him though isn’t it, hardly using a sub

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back