2024/25 Sean Dyche

I place the caveat i've never liked Dyche, never thought he represented the club really. But I can also see the convenience considering our predicaments of a simplified negative pragmatism even if it drives me crazy.

What does just astound me though is him just ignoring any idea of maturation of talents aiding his future. Simply put I think he has a terrible eye for talent evaluation. Lest we forget he didn't start Branthwaite last year. How Lindstrom and O'Brien have not sniffed the first team let alone the pitch as subs is egregious and will pay out later. If the rationale is results, we aren't getting them. If the rationale is maturity and mental fortitude we just allowed a team to win a game on 3 goals two minutes before added time.

However much of a mess our club is and our manager offers an achievable path to safety it cannot come at the expense of a development track for our investments. That frankly is non negotiable because that's our future and our only path to elevating above the relegation fodder fray. And it rings a message in future recruitment. I may question Thelwell but he has cobbled some signings with at least an eye to a future. Dyche has to embrace that cause if he doesnt, he has no business being here full stop.

Question for match going blues.
What's the mood like in the city.
Seems like there's a lot more patience/support for Dyche than there is away from Merseyside.
Is that accurate?
Who’ve you been listening to mate the echo and Joe Thomas, who I don’t think is a blue, isn’t he from
Shropshire ?? And has only been doing football journalism for a few years. Or Chris beesley who like dyche criticised the fans at the back end of last season and making out dyche was some managerial god.
Someone needs to tell the echo lads,
Kenwright is dead, they can think for themselves now

I can tolerate % football. Pragmatic football. Whatever you want to call it.

I can tolerate Dyche and the football I think best gets a squad of relegation fodder over the line to Bramley Moore with sensible ownership a Premier League team.

Dyches individual managerial achievements as Everton manager is only beaten by Moyes finishing 4th in our PL era, Imo.

But when you're conceding 10 in 3, and pissing away a 2-0 win from 87 minutes...

Suddenly, you're looking at Dyche thinking hang on, if you're not making us hard to beat. What's the point?

If you're openly telling us the players aren't listening to your instruction. If you're still rubbing your snot around your face complaining about what was before you - then what is the point of you being here?

Lampard was bad for cry arsing about before him and I called him out on it, so I'm doing the same with Dyche.

Whether he's right or wrong - now isn't the time for self preservation.

He let us down yesterday. His subs and his post match deflection. Tim shouldn't be be on the pitch after 60 mins. NDiaye occupied more players than any other we had our there - him over Doucoure is massive. He said he could smell the collapse - but he didn't do one thing to change it.

Still, 90% of that collapse was on players yesterday. Don't get me started on Mykolenko. The mentality wimps. A League Two team shouldn't be conceding 3 goals from 87 minutes to Bournemouth. It's a PL record for a reason.

Yesterday was huge game for us all considered and they've pissed it away. Dyche pointed the finger at the players saying nobody wanted to take ownership, and in doing so he's done the same.

But whatever we think - it's all about results and for me, if he doesn't get any soon - he should go.

I shared my view a while ago I expected <3 points from our first 5 league games.

For me, if he doesn't pickup 3+ points by Palace he should be gone.

Villa Away
Leicester Away
C.Palace Home

Just not Moyes please.

Who’ve you been listening to mate the echo and Joe Thomas, who I don’t think is a blue, isn’t he from
Shropshire ?? And has only been doing football journalism for a few years. Or Chris beesley who like dyche criticised the fans at the back end of last season and making out dyche was some managerial god.
Someone needs to tell the echo lads,
Kenwright is dead, they can think for themselves now
Who still listens to the Royal Red podcast because I dont

When you’ve got a basic, yard dog of a manager who comes out with crap like “gaffer day” , the absolute BARE MINIMUM is the team should be physically fit - and we have looked miles off it in the last 20 minutes of each game. It’s unacceptable.

I can tolerate Dyche and the football I think best gets a squad of relegation fodder over the line to Bramley Moore with sensible ownership a Premier League team.

Dyches individual managerial achievements as Everton manager is only beaten by Moyes finishing 4th in our PL era, Imo.

But when you're conceding 10 in 3, and pissing away a 2-0 win from 87 minutes...

Suddenly, you're looking at Dyche thinking hang on, if you're not making us hard to beat. What's the point?

If you're openly telling us the players aren't listening to your instruction. If you're still rubbing your snot around your face complaining about what was before you - then what is the point of you being here?

Lampard was bad for cry arsing about before him and I called him out on it, so I'm doing the same with Dyche.

He let us down yesterday. His subs and his post match deflection. Tim shouldn't be be on the pitch after 60 mins. NDiaye occupied more players than any other we had our there - him over Doucoure is massive. He said he could smell the collapse - but he didn't do one thing to change it.

Still, 90% of that collapse was on players yesterday. Don't get me started on Mykolenko. The mentality wimps. A League Two team shouldn't be conceding 3 goals from 87 minutes to Bournemouth. It's a PL record for a reason.

Yesterday was huge game for us all considered and they've pissed it away. Dyche pointed the finger at the players saying nobody wanted to take ownership, and in doing so he's done the same.

But whatever we think - it's all about results and for me, if he doesn't get any soon - he should go.

I shared my view a while ago I expected <3 points from our first 5 league games.

Villa Away
Leicester Away
C.Palace Home

Just not Moyes please.
I don’t get the achievement but? What he achieved?

Villa Away
Leicester Away
C.Palace Home

Just not Moyes please.
The first point will be Palace at home.

1 point from 6 games and sitting in the 20th place.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back