2024/25 Sean Dyche

I'd give him till the 2nd international break. But he needs an unexpected away win or 2 away draws to make up for this blunder.

Its also not fair to expect Ndaye to carry these turtles up the field either. We need Lindstorm to get a few chances. I'd expect a midfield trio of Tim, Garner and Gana/Mangala in a settled side.

It should get better once Tim builds fitness for full 90 PL mins, Garner and Branthwaite get fit and Lidstorm is gelled in.

I'd give him till the 2nd international break. But he needs an unexpected away win or 2 away draws to make up for this blunder.

Its also not fair to expect Ndaye to carry these turtles up the field either. We need Lindstorm to get a few chances. I'd expect a midfield trio of Tim, Garner and Gana/Mangala in a settled side.

It should get better once Tim builds fitness for full 90 PL mins, Garner and Branthwaite get fit and Lidstorm is gelled in.
Complete waste of time, shame rubbish was spouted about Lampard, Get rid now, what he done to show he can change it? Last winless streak was 13 games, currently on 4 straight losses(Arsenal away last season)

I don’t get the achievement but? What he achieved?

Well considering I've been convinced we are the worst team in the league for the last say 3 seasons I think lampard and dyche keeping us up were achievements considering what they both walked into and then adding on the unique scenario of points deductions and the uncertainty around them last season, well given that I think getting to 48pts was a decent achievement

Thats incorrect I've critiqued Dyche a few posts back. Its your narrative - not mine.

I dont refuse to acknowledge anything, im taking a systemic non reactionary view - im sitting here thinking to myself, we were in exactly the same position at this stage last season and i was reading posts like yours, fast forward six odd months and same lads were gushing over a Derby win - its hard to take hypocritical posts like that seriously in a moment.

I deflect nothing - i largely blame the players as the first three performances turned on individual errors and a system breakdown yesterday - id go through an U10 team of players doing what our professional footballers did yesterday - ive said consistently though there is collective blame - a good manager fronts - he has and will. The job of work is to correct a reductive mentality in the squad - i think that has disarmed him and surprised him. so id critique him there.

I think you see the game through a confirmation bias - mores the pity - if you dont think we played some great stuff at times yesterday and couldn't see the changes in the second half as influencing the game. The game wont have any enjoyment for you mate.

Football put very simply is process rather then an event, you respond, you never react, a result is a moment in time.

When results turn - this thread will be like a door mouse band, only Duality ever fronts - when its not easy to. Today its easy - thus the whole thing lacks any sense of systemic analysis bar reaction. More so when as i say when its transparently lids trying to create a panic station by narrating a sense of despair and project immediacy. Like i say you respond, you never react and hes archived outcome in the last season and half through massive adversity, past achievement of outcome is an indicator of future performance.

We purred at times yesterday - we take the result on the chin - but all that is left to do is take 98% good out of that game, integrate the new players, get lads back form injury and get stronger on what we did well yesterday and do it better for longer.
Why do keep referring to ‘system failure’ instead of what it was , an abject failure of management.
Deflection
For all the ‘purring’ we did yesterday it was fatally betrayed by utterly woeful managerial decisions.
The team was hung out to dry.
Left to fend for itself .
This manager gave final and definitive proof yesterday that he totally incapable of managing a game , even when we are on top and ‘purring ‘ as you put it , let alone when we are a goal behind.
Not good enough for the wages we pay him .
He is increasingly out his depth in this league and at our club.
Thelwell in his role as general manager should be thinking how well he has done in his recruitment and whether this manager is capable of using this to his advantage or whether his inbuilt limitations will cost us more games than we win once again this season.
Sniff that Dyche !

Why do keep referring to ‘system failure’ instead of what it was , an abject failure of management.
Deflection
For all the ‘purring’ we did yesterday it was fatally betrayed by utterly woeful managerial decisions.
The team was hung out to dry.
Left to fend for itself .
This manager gave final and definitive proof yesterday that he totally incapable of managing a game , even when we are on top and ‘purring ‘ as you put it , let alone when we are a goal behind.
Not good enough for the wages we pay him .
He is increasingly out his depth in this league and at our club.
Thelwell in his role as general manager should be thinking how well he has done in his recruitment and whether this manager is capable of using this to his advantage or whether his inbuilt limitations will cost us more games than we win once again this season.
Sniff that Dyche !

That's actually got noting to do what i posted mate your just soapboxing rhetoric saying the same thing in all your responses to every poster, which is cool - its not debate though and not very engaging.

Well considering I've been convinced we are the worst team in the league for the last say 3 seasons I think lampard and dyche keeping us up were achievements considering what they both walked into and then adding on the unique scenario of points deductions and the uncertainty around them last season, well given that I think getting to 48pts was a decent achievement
An any other manager could of done that, last season we finished 14 clear and that’s without the points deduction, not an achievement
Season before we stayed up because Leicester self imploded

Thats incorrect I've critiqued Dyche a few posts back. Its your narrative - not mine.

I dont refuse to acknowledge anything, im taking a systemic non reactionary view - im sitting here thinking to myself, we were in exactly the same position at this stage last season and i was reading posts like yours, fast forward six odd months and same lads were gushing over a Derby win - its hard to take hypocritical posts like that seriously in a moment.

I deflect nothing - i largely blame the players as the first three performances turned on individual errors and a system breakdown yesterday - id go through an U10 team of players doing what our professional footballers did yesterday - ive said consistently though there is collective blame - a good manager fronts - he has and will. The job of work is to correct a reductive mentality in the squad - i think that has disarmed him and surprised him. so id critique him there.

I think you see the game through a confirmation bias - mores the pity - if you dont think we played some great stuff at times yesterday and couldn't see the changes in the second half as influencing the game. The game wont have any enjoyment for you mate.

Football put very simply is process rather then an event, you respond, you never react, a result is a moment in time.

When results turn - this thread will be like a door mouse band, only Duality ever fronts - when its not easy to. Today its easy - thus the whole thing lacks any sense of systemic analysis bar reaction. More so when as i say when its transparently lids trying to create a panic station by narrating a sense of despair and project immediacy. Like i say you respond, you never react and hes archived outcome in the last season and half through massive adversity, past achievement of outcome is an indicator of future performance.

We purred at times yesterday - we take the result on the chin - but all that is left to do is take 98% good out of that game, integrate the new players, get lads back form injury and get stronger on what we did well yesterday and do it better for longer.
Ha ha, here he is. Neil, the only objective voice on Sean Dyche. In his own mind. There's certainly no confirmation bias in your analysis is there? Good Lord.

Just saw a stat that stated out of the last 24 Premier league games Everton have won just 4 of them..if that's close to being true, how is Dyche still in a job ? Anywhere else his job would have went ages ago.
It's 5 wins in 24, but then you don't often see the last 24 games stat, unless of course it's 24 games into a season. There's a reason for that.

Also you appoint crap managers this is what you get

Benitez
Lampard
Dyche

3 terrible terrible managers

These constant losing streaks will stop you from progressing. I thank Dyche for the 1st two years- he did what he could to keep us afloat and he gave chances to some players who may not have gotten it elsewhere. After 2 seasons though it is time we show some maturation under better management. If someone you can’t pass up is available and willing, you take them when you can. Otherwise you hope Dyche can get it together (and he should when Branthwaite returns) and let him go at the end of the year.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back