2024/25 Sean Dyche

Highly doubtful, but I wonder if he’s reflected in what he said yesterday in his interview about ‘smelling it in the air’. He’s got to know surely then that the logical response to that statement is why he didn’t change it from the bench then. He’s basically saying there was nothing he could to to control it.

Just shouting from the sidelines is not necessarily demonstrative of a great tactical mind. But even then how effective was his shouting? Clearly not effective at all.
Sean Dyche? Self-reflection? Behave.

I don’t get the achievement but? What he achieved?

Well, as you said a couple of days before his appointment;

Relegation confirmed

Going down

... Like you, I thought we were down. He kept us up.

Every window he's had to sell more than we've bought.

Lash in point deductions and I'll always be very grateful he kept us up.

I don't think any manager has an achievement as good as that in recent decades other than Moyes finishing 4th.

Everton are where we are because of ownership/charlatan custodians. Not Sean Dyche.

Sack Dyche tomorrow and bring in *checks your post history before Dyche* - Bielsa or Duncan Ferguson, and we are still going to the wire.

The reality is - the players and our results got 3+ years tell you - we are relegation fodder.

When will the discontent and rightly angry voices on here turn into actual protests? 'DYCHE OUT' banners and stay behind protests as a starter for 10. Just booing is not good enough. Only the fans will get this Dinosaur out of our club.

At least the mystery of our managers habitual nose picking and snot smearing is solved.
He is trying to keep his secret superpower operative.
He has the ability to smell danger and disaster far in advance , unfortunately he lacks the complementary superpower to avoid it.
Like Spider-Man’s ‘spidey senses’, if they tingled warning him of danger ahead but he swung into a wall embedded with with poison tipped spikes anyway .

That's actually got noting to do what i posted mate your just soapboxing rhetoric saying the same thing in all your responses to every poster, which is cool - its not debate though and not very engaging.
To respond to what you did say, yes we had moments last season of people calling for his head and we also had moments of people worshipping him like after the Derby. Football fans are fickle. It's a results business and if you deliver results you will earn the respect of fans, something you need to have as a manager.

Whatever your personal opinion on Dyche is and whether or not he might turn things around, yesterday was the kind of result that will have made the majority of fans make their minds up about him for good. I think for a lot of people he's lost their respect and is not going to be able to earn it back.

People have compared it to the Martinez game vs wham or the Silva game vs Millwall. I think those are good comparisons because they represent the exact moment a managers position here became untenable. No one knows what would have happened if we kept Silva here, he looks like one of our better managerial appointments in hindsight but I was at that Millwall game and I can tell you he had to go. Fan mood and the toxicity that can build around a manager affects players and results.

For me at this point Dyche has annoyed the fans too much and I don't see a way back for him. It already seems inevitable that he doesn't last the season. Best thing to do is to get this out of the way while it's still early in the season, before things become even more toxic. If we sack him today we won't have to hire another firefighter, leave it a couple of months and we will.

Well, as you said a couple of days before his appointment;

... Like you, I thought we were down. He kept us up.

Every window he's had to sell more than we've bought.

Lash in point deductions and I'll always be very grateful he kept us up.

I don't think any manager has an achievement as good as that in recent decades other than Moyes finishing 4th.

Everton are where we are because of ownership/charlatan custodians. Not Sean Dyche.

Sack Dyche tomorrow and bring in *checks your post history before Dyche* - Bielsa or Duncan Ferguson, and we are still going to the wire.

The reality is - the players and our results got 3+ years tell you - we are relegation fodder.

well said mate

regardless of the poo subs

the players out there was all they’re undoing also

The players don't escape blame it was partly their fault. But the manager should be a little more alert to what was happening. Bournemouth made 5 changes 5 fresh players, half a team. Either they wanted to try get a point or they sniffed blood. Either way, Dyche didn't react. He didn't react to what Bournemouth were doing. He didn't react to what our players were doing. We had players knackered. Dyche's reaction? Take two players off that were not done yet. In fact they were outlets. The subs meant we weren't holding the ball it was coming back. Huge error from Dyche. He cost us that. He's also done it before.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back