2024/25 Sean Dyche

There was a horrific stat on TalkSport yesterday which stated that in Dyche’s previous 9 PL seasons ,if you took the first 5 games of each of those seasons plus the three games this season, that gives you 48 PL games…..he’s won 4 of those opening games.

He just doesn’t start seasons well at all.
I'm always cautious when it comes to such stats.

Because in this forum, the stats accuracy is pretty bad. Verified it myself, and actually 4 is right, shocking that....

i’ve said we will lose it
Don't you find it maddening that our "expected losses" are now about two thirds of our games (yesterday was a rare point scoring opportunity, that we squandered). That's not entirely on Dyche's shoulders but he's definitely one of the reasons that our expectations continue to shrink. I couldn't believe it when he said Evertonians were expecting Europe this season, every Evertonian that I know was expecting this dirge.

Well, as you said a couple of days before his appointment;

... Like you, I thought we were down. He kept us up.

Every window he's had to sell more than we've bought.

Lash in point deductions and I'll always be very grateful he kept us up.

I don't think any manager has an achievement as good as that in recent decades other than Moyes finishing 4th.

Everton are where we are because of ownership/charlatan custodians. Not Sean Dyche.

Sack Dyche tomorrow and bring in *checks your post history before Dyche* - Bielsa or Duncan Ferguson, and we are still going to the wire.

The reality is - the players and our results got 3+ years tell you - we are relegation fodder.
I believe we where going down and should have gone down, how we didn’t that season is still unbelievable tbh, Leicester and Pope saved us, last season seemed close but it wasn’t in the end, we can’t keep having these losing streaks 10 and 13 in the last 2 seasons and currently on 3 already. I don’t think we go down but a change of manager is needed

I think I'd rather have a pint with Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump than watch Sean wipe his sweat all over his face whilst saying "grarse" over and over.

Bet he never gets them in either. £5m a year for 1980s football but still expects the riff raff to buy him a pint of wine.
At least with the other two you could slip a bit of arsenic in theirs and do the world a favour
No upside with Dyche

Just watched the capitulation from 86 minutes on.

We can debate about what the players were doing, and we should.

But big picture, Bournemouth had 5 subs on by that point - fresh legs in the wide areas.

Everton made two subs all game, one of which was for our best player, and the other was for our striker. Nothing in midfield or out wide.

Sometimes it really is as simple as fresh legs - for all their goals you can see that was a major difference - energy levels getting to loose balls, creating space for a cross, making runs.

That's on Dyche

Villa up next. Do you fancy Sean Dyche to win that one? I'm going to bet he plays Doucoure from the start in that one too. The man's a menace.

We can only hope he pulls a rabbit out the hat with this one. I don't give two hoots about Dyche but we need to get points, and fast. A surprise win at Villa would help change the mood and direction of things. A point will still be a surprise and something to build on.

Anyone else sick of him saying before I was here it was like this, EXACTLY YOU CLOWN THIS IS WHY YOU GOT A JOB.

it's your job to improve that and you haven't
Also, at what point in Sean Dyche's tenure does Sean Dyche become responsible for what's happening on the pitch. It's been 18 months now, according to the interweb the average tenure of a PL manager is about 630 days. That's 21 months. When does he own this situation, in his own mind?

There was a horrific stat on TalkSport yesterday which stated that in Dyche’s previous 9 PL seasons ,if you took the first 5 games of each of those seasons plus the three games this season, that gives you 48 PL games…..he’s won 4 of those opening games.

He just doesn’t start seasons well at all.

This is true. They Dyche lovers and neutrals will say he gets the points through the season. Which is a good thing. But this sort of start is not good enough for Everton Football Club. It's unacceptable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back