2024/25 Sean Dyche

Can't guarantee anything no , but it would be reactionary and daft to sack him now after 3 games , we've sacked manager after manager over recent years and its got us nowhere.

If he loses the next 3 then I'll well and truly be on the bandwagon though .
Yep earlier this morning I was with you on that ... but as the day goes on I'm just with the feeling he's done. Seems to me he is at his glass ceiling now and won't be punching through anytime soon. I was dubious when we first brought him in but thought okay he can navigate us through the troubled waters of recent seasons. Now though feels like a change might be timely. I agree, our manager merry-go-round has been part of our problem but I think we should twist on Dyche now. Sticking with him feels like a risky gamble and after this start to the season and yesterday especially, this group needs a re-boot!

I wanted Emery here in 2019 when most fans found the idea silly;

Problem is - how many are going to be wanting to come to the leagues biggest basketcase of a club. Chaotic, pending a new owner?

Our only hope is if Textor is genuine, then he can influence or make changes of necessary. He got the Palace manager an he seems alright.

We're in limbo, and I think we'd get the Bielsa treatment from most.
I really thought about it, and only one name comes to my mind who might be willing and able to see us to BMD while remaining in the PL....

Moyes.

Who in their right mind would come to us currently. No money , bang average players , no owners , no direction and unfortunatly no signs of anything improving soon.
Until the ownership is sorted Dyche and co I am afraid are going to be in situ.
Just my opinion

I think your first two prepregs are contradictory mate - you say football finds are fickle and people will draw judgements game to game - fair enough. But then secondly you say people have made their minds up - for infinitiy - that's contradictory. If we go on an unbeaten run over the next 10 it shifts again - we both know that. Take the Derby - or saving us from points deduction after the game - he was our man. After yesterday hes not - you see the point.

Ultimately the thing is, everyone who wants Dyche out - will be right at a certain point - very few last beyond two years - so its an easy bet to play it safe - its just the context of his departure to be determined as in the when and how - that could be in another two years it could be after three games.

Football fans are fickle and very few take a systemic view, a lot of the problems created at this club, where done so on reacting by continuously sacking managers, it led to instability, that seeped through to the club and an awful waste of resources - any fan going to a game who doesn't think we are in a phase of recovery is fooling themselves. Reacting - to a result or even three, with a whole season ahead of us in endemic of that harmful trend and it has to be halted - the red line is where Lampard got us to.

What best for Everton - is stability as the club is recovered - its far more important then one or three results. whenever the club is handed over it has to be in a better more stable position.

I dont think he will be sacked for the simple reason - he made the club 200 mill in a season and a half. Its not the first thing that pops into peoples heads after Bournemouth - but you can bet your backside it is a board and owner level.
I can see what you mean and you're right that the pendulum swings both ways. Of course if we went and hammered villa the "noise" would quieten right down. Not likely to happen though, and every week that passes and every beating we take the confidence of the players is being sapped further and the atmosphere around the club becomes darker.

3 weeks into the season and we're already in crisis mode, because the majority of fans were ready to hate Dyche and call for his head before any of these results had even happened. He doesn't have the credit banked to weather the storm imo.

I don't think it's contradictory to say that while football fans are fickle there is always going to be a breaking point. Some things there are no coming back from. For me with Dyche the writings on the wall. Fans are frustrated, players look frustrated, his comments in pressers are becoming increasingly defensive and looking to shift blame away from himself. I've seen it all before and there's only one way this is going imo. Our best option is to try and get ahead of it.

We all know that higher ups in the club don't want to sack him or he would have been gone before the start of this season, but crucially they are totally incompetent and generally if they think something is a good idea you should probably do the opposite.

Who in their right mind would come to us currently. No money , bang average players , no owners , no direction and unfortunatly no signs of anything improving soon.
Just my opinion
We pay the 10th highest wage in world football.

99% of managers would walk over hot coals for our money.

Just my opinion
Yep, just got to hope they can keep us up until we get new ownership

I really thought about it, and only one name comes to my mind who might be willing and able to see us to BMD while remaining in the PL....

Moyes.
I live near Preston and rumours are all over the place here that he's being lined up to replace dyche. I'm not in the know but they're the rumours.

Just my opinion
Then we will probably be relegated.
Just my opinion .
Actually the team was flying yesterday until the managers inept intervention and his failure to replace tiring players .
He was outmanaged once again.
As for attracting managers I think our generous salary would be attractive to many .

To be honest we've been like that for years. Stamina is a major issue at Everton as well as energy. We have little in either department compared to other teams. What we do in regards to training and fitness at FF is anyone's guess. But it isn't PL level.

True. It's mind blowing that Dyche has these gaffer days and Dyche fit standards and yet we don't seem to improve. We also seem to have a poor pre season two years running under Dyche, with a poor start. As others point out nothing new to Dyche. But it's just not good enough.

There lies the problem , money being the attraction and not the desire to manage the club and take us on. Talk is is cheap and until the ownership is sorted we are stuck . Perhaps I should say any manager not money motivated wouldn't take us on..:coffee:

I can see what you mean and you're right that the pendulum swings both ways. Of course if we went and hammered villa the "noise" would quieten right down. Not likely to happen though, and every week that passes and every beating we take the confidence of the players is being sapped further and the atmosphere around the club becomes darker.

3 weeks into the season and we're already in crisis mode, because the majority of fans were ready to hate Dyche and call for his head before any of these results had even happened. He doesn't have the credit banked to weather the storm imo.

I don't think it's contradictory to say that while football fans are fickle there is always going to be a breaking point. Some things there are no coming back from. For me with Dyche the writings on the wall. Fans are frustrated, players look frustrated, his comments in pressers are becoming increasingly defensive and looking to shift blame away from himself. I've seen it it before and there's only one way this is going imo. Our best option is to try and get ahead of it.

We all know that higher ups in the club don't want to sack him or he would have been gone before the start of this season, but crucially they are totally incompetent and generally if they think something is a good idea you should probably do the opposite.

Would disagree mate - i think he has a lot of credit in the bank - as i said earlier - with the outcomes hes achieved in adverse circumstances in the half season and last year - is an indicator of future outcomes. The outcomes of the year and half he's been here carry credit in my view - maybe that just for me - but that would be my way. I mentioned the 200 mill earned of his back - over the season and a half - that will focus decision makers minds.

The crisis isnt really a crisis - its a crisis of the mind its been three games - there is a whole season ahead of us. What im saying is we have been on this hamster wheel before - when was the last time we scratched the itch and changed the manager and have we actually fundamentally improved - half a season under under Silva and then scratched that itch again and here we are. Its harmful and not the easy fix people believe - how many times does it have to happen for people to learn.

I honestly don't think he will even be looked at for the boot, unless we are rock bottom after 10 games and if he is - then we have bigger things to worry about then the manager.

My view is informed on the outcomes asked and achieved in a year a half hes been here, the credit i award for that, but also the clubs position in recovery and the very finely balanced tight rope the club is in, in that recovery of which stability is vital- where is the red line - exactly where Lampard got to. We're no where near that IMO, nor will we be.

Last edited:

100%. This concept that we're unattractive to managers is nonsense. If you come to Everton and fail there is potential that that impacts your future career but I think that's mitigated by the very fact that the job looks difficult from the outside. And you can console yourself with the huge payoff when you're sacked. Other than that, what's the disincentive? High pay, most watched league in the world, if you do well here after others have failed that's all gravy for your rep. We wouldn't struggle to attract candidates. Whether we would select the right man for the job is a completely different question, and is the scary thing looking at our recent history.

I can tolerate % football. Pragmatic football. Whatever you want to call it.

I can tolerate Dyche and the football I think best gets a squad of relegation fodder over the line to Bramley Moore with sensible ownership a Premier League team.

Dyches individual managerial achievements as Everton manager is only beaten by Moyes finishing 4th in our PL era, Imo.

But when you're conceding 10 in 3, and pissing away a 2-0 win from 87 minutes...

Suddenly, you're looking at Dyche thinking hang on, if you're not making us hard to beat. What's the point?

If you're openly telling us the players aren't listening to your instruction. If you're still rubbing your snot around your face complaining about what was before you - then what is the point of you being here?

Lampard was bad for cry arsing about before him and I called him out on it, so I'm doing the same with Dyche.

Whether he's right or wrong - now isn't the time for self preservation.

He let us down yesterday. His subs and his post match deflection. Tim shouldn't be be on the pitch after 60 mins. NDiaye occupied more players than any other we had our there - him over Doucoure is massive. He said he could smell the collapse - but he didn't do one thing to change it.

Still, 90% of that collapse was on players yesterday. Don't get me started on Mykolenko. The mentality wimps. A League Two team shouldn't be conceding 3 goals from 87 minutes to Bournemouth. It's a PL record for a reason.

Yesterday was huge game for us all considered and they've pissed it away. Dyche pointed the finger at the players saying nobody wanted to take ownership, and in doing so he's done the same.

But whatever we think - it's all about results and for me, if he doesn't get any soon - he should go.

I shared my view a while ago I expected <3 points from our first 5 league games.

For me, if he doesn't pickup 3+ points by Palace he should be gone.

Villa Away
Leicester Away
C.Palace Home

Just not Moyes please.
Pretty much what I was trying to convey to you last week. If Dyche teams don't get results, then the whole Dyche thing, football, arrogance, deflection and general smart arsery becomes just unacceptable. He is a very limited manager and a very easy person to dislike.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back