2024/25 Sean Dyche

I'd give him till the 2nd international break. But he needs an unexpected away win or 2 away draws to make up for this blunder.

Its also not fair to expect Ndaye to carry these turtles up the field either. We need Lindstorm to get a few chances. I'd expect a midfield trio of Tim, Garner and Gana/Mangala in a settled side.

It should get better once Tim builds fitness for full 90 PL mins, Garner and Branthwaite get fit and Lidstorm is gelled in.

Should drop McNeil and play Lindstrom central. Probably the best pure passer in the team

Who in their right mind would come to us currently. No money , bang average players , no owners , no direction and unfortunatly no signs of anything improving soon.
Until the ownership is sorted Dyche and co I am afraid are going to be in situ.
Just my opinion
The starting eleven that Dyche picks every week are in the main bang average.

If you pick a different starting eleven, then not so much.

He's just a S manager.

I think he’s come into the club with the outside perception of the club. That being that no one cares one jot for our past, and they just see a club who is not big, and who just makes up the numbers. To that end, he has come in thinking we want the same thing as Burnley fans e.g. to stay in the PL.

To an extent that was true in the last couple of seasons given the points deductions etc, but as you go season to season, a fan base like ours wants understandably progression. As some have said on here, his is glass ceiling appears to be survival / bottom half Pl and he’s struggling now with supporter expectations which is why he tries to dampen them in interviews.

Credit where it’s due that first season and last season he did a reasonable job. It wasn’t a miracle job as some have said and equally there was a large part of the season for four months that was unacceptable. He now has to push on again (I don’t think a 50 point plus season is a lot to ask in terms of progression) and he is struggling with that expectation.

There has been an emotional reaction to yesterday and I am equally culpable but I would think most people would agree that time is running out for him to turn this around, even at this early stage of the season. There was quite a lot to be positive about yesterday if he can just get out of his own way.

Pretty much what I was trying to convey to you last week. If Dyche teams don't get results, then the whole Dyche thing, football, arrogance, deflection and general smart arsery becomes just unacceptable. He is a very limited manager and a very easy person to dislike.

Same for all managers.

Bad results = inevitable criticism.

He could be the nicest guy in the world - fans were staging sit in protests to get Martinez out.

Would disagree mate - i think he has a lot of credit in the bank - as i said earlier - with the outcomes hes achieved in adverse distance sin the half season and last year - is an indicator of future outcomes. The outcomes of the year and half he's been here carry credit in my view - maybe that just for me - but tat would be my way.

The crisis isnt really a crisis - its a crisis of the mind its been three games - there is a whole season ahead of us. What im saying we have been on this hamster wheel before - when the last time we scratched the itch and changed the manager have we actually improved - one year under Silva and then scratched it again. Its harmful and not the easy fix people believe - how many times does it have to happen for people to learn.

I honestly don't think he will even be looked at for the boot, unless we are rock bottom after 10 games and if he is - then we have bigger things to worry about then the manager.

My view is informed on the outcomes asked and achieved in a year a half hes been here, the credit i award for that, but also the clubs position in recovery and the very finely balanced tight rope the club is in in recovery of which stability is vital- where is the red line - exactly where Lampard got to. We're no where near that IMO, nor will we be.
Fair do's mate can see the point you're making. Agree to disagree ;)

I don’t get the bit about whether Dyche is a likeable character or not. Martinez and Lampard were both likeable but I wanted them gone at the time they went. They didn’t get any more or less patience than I had with Benitez or Dyche because of their personality.

I don’t get the bit about whether Dyche is a likeable character or not. Martinez and Lampard were both likeable but I wanted them gone at the time they went. They didn’t get any more or less patience than I had with Benitez or Dyche because of their personality.
I think you're right. But it's the things like saying 'Everton', rather than 'we' or 'us'. And trying to make out the fans were expecting European qualification.

In reality, probably doesn't make him get sacked any quicker but doesn't help either.

The players don't escape blame it was partly their fault. But the manager should be a little more alert to what was happening. Bournemouth made 5 changes 5 fresh players, half a team. Either they wanted to try get a point or they sniffed blood. Either way, Dyche didn't react. He didn't react to what Bournemouth were doing. He didn't react to what our players were doing. We had players knackered. Dyche's reaction? Take two players off that were not done yet. In fact they were outlets. The subs meant we weren't holding the ball it was coming back. Huge error from Dyche. He cost us that. He's also done it before.

if he said he could see the “shift”
after they got 1 back

he then should of packed the MF

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back