2024/25 Sean Dyche

By who?

Why cant we take the positives from the game - clearly Illy and Tim deserve the credit - it was a good team performance for 98% of the game.

Its a silly person who doesn't acknowledge and try and build on what we did well.

I know you are trying to create a panic station by narrating a sense of despair and project immediacy - but come on.

The negatives far outweigh the positives.

He's paid to manage the full 90 minutes, not just the good 90%

Also, look at the first two games.

This is how. Happy to help.
You didn't :( you just gave me an opinion about a player you don't like.

It's a team game and the team have a responsibility to prevent what happened, but they didn't. Like I said they fell to pieces. We can all pick on individuals; I thought Pickford practically came for the cross with his arm by his side, while Myko strolled back. Danny Murphy seems to blame Iroegbunam.

Iroegbunam was picked out on Match of the Day by Murphy on 31 August for his lack of defensive influence as the Cherries completed a late comeback.

“Fatigue kicks in, small errors, lack of communication, lack of desire, lack of energy, whatever it might be. Iroegbunam switches off, he doesn’t go with the runner.

“There’s danger, you’ve got to get back as quick as you can. Iroegbuam again, he gave everything and I think he was completely knackered and he switches off, not good enough I’m afraid.”

You didn't :( you just gave me an opinion about a player you don't like.

It's a team game and the team have a responsibility to prevent what happened, but they didn't. Like I said they fell to pieces. We can all pick on individuals; I thought Pickford practically came for the cross with his arm by his side, while Myko strolled back. Danny Murphy seems to blame Iroegbunam.

Iroegbunam was picked out on Match of the Day by Murphy on 31 August for his lack of defensive influence as the Cherries completed a late comeback.

“Fatigue kicks in, small errors, lack of communication, lack of desire, lack of energy, whatever it might be. Iroegbunam switches off, he doesn’t go with the runner.

“There’s danger, you’ve got to get back as quick as you can. Iroegbuam again, he gave everything and I think he was completely knackered and he switches off, not good enough I’m afraid.”

But it wasn’t an opinion was it, it was a literal description of the goal?

You cannot be using Danny Murphy quotes to back up your statement surely :lol:

Because you are refusing to acknowledge how badly the managers decisions and lack of them impacted on the final 15 mins .
You also refuse to consider that this flaw in his skill set has been ever present in his career.
You are attempting to deflect from the evidence of how poor this manager was proved to be yesterday.
For £5m I expect a manager capable of influencing a game positively.
Is that too much to ask !?

Thats incorrect I've critiqued Dyche a few posts back. Its your narrative - not mine.

I dont refuse to acknowledge anything, im taking a systemic non reactionary view - im sitting here thinking to myself, we were in exactly the same position at this stage last season and i was reading posts like yours, fast forward six odd months and same lads were gushing over a Derby win - its hard to take hypocritical posts like that seriously in a moment.

I deflect nothing - i largely blame the players as the first three performances turned on individual errors and a system breakdown yesterday - id go through an U10 team of players doing what our professional footballers did yesterday - ive said consistently though there is collective blame - a good manager fronts - he has and will. The job of work is to correct a reductive mentality in the squad - i think that has disarmed him and surprised him. so id critique him there.

I think you see the game through a confirmation bias - mores the pity - if you dont think we played some great stuff at times yesterday and couldn't see the changes in the second half as influencing the game. The game wont have any enjoyment for you mate.

Football put very simply is process rather then an event, you respond, you never react, a result is a moment in time.

When results turn - this thread will be like a door mouse band, only Duality ever fronts - when its not easy to. Today its easy - thus the whole thing lacks any sense of systemic analysis bar reaction. More so when as i say when its transparently lids trying to create a panic station by narrating a sense of despair and project immediacy. Like i say you respond, you never react and hes archived outcome in the last season and half through massive adversity, past achievement of outcome is an indicator of future performance.

We purred at times yesterday - we take the result on the chin - but all that is left to do is take 98% good out of that game, integrate the new players, get lads back form injury and get stronger on what we did well yesterday and do it better for longer.

Last edited:
Wasn’t that when Lampard should have gone or was that later in the season
Rather during the world cup.

It was 0 4 2 before the break in September.

Then 2 wins after the break

But then 1-1-5. leaving us with 14 points after 15 games before the world cup.

As we lost against Leicester then 3:0 vs Bournemouth away that was the last game before the world cup.

The subs were wrong but the players on the pitch need to take some responsibility as well.
Managers game management was awful.
You need to keep the ball to see the game out he puts Doucoure and Beto on?
I want him gone to be honest,
Thought he would keep us tight at the back and the price would be boring Football , but shipping 10 for 3 in reply.
Honestly other than there isn't anyone to sack him there isn't any reason to keep him.
And there isn’t anyone to replace him.

Oh hello wor Davie…..

His substitutions were nothing short of suicidal, Ndaiye was terrorising them down their left side and did not look tired in fact I'm sure he'd have wanted to stay on and try to get the goal to cap his superb display, Calvert Lewin's hold up play had been excellent and he was keeping their centre backs busy. Meanwhile, after another good display, Oroegbunum looked spent after the hour mark, Coleman also was blowing for tugs by then.

When Bournemouth began to bring their fresh players on it was obvious that they were getting control of the midfield and making inroads along our right flank. They were however still getting nowhere down our left due to the threat of Ndaiye.

Dyche decides to take off Ndaiye, a very tidy footballer with very good possession retention and bring on then player with the second worst touch in then league, clumsy Doucoure and then takes off Calvert Lewin and really places him with Beto, the only player in the league with a worse first touch than Doucoure. Mean while Villa Tim is out on his feet, the first sub should have been him off and Garner on, OBrien should have come on for Coleman and either Harrison or McNeil gone into right wing back. If he wanted to further tighten it up he could have brought Dixon or Young on to help out on the right. Under no circumstances should Ndaiye and Calvert Lewin been replaced by Doucoure and Beto, we just constantly conceded them possession once those changes had been made. New owner or not, I think Dyche is on borrowed time now.

Subs for me would have been Garner on for Tim around 65, then Dixon on for Seamus, Lindstrom on for either Harrison or McNeil.

We where flying but badly tiring in spots, the latter two of those three would have came on really pumped up, do those changes I think we run out 3-4 up.

Thats incorrect I've critiqued Dyche a few posts back. Its your narrative - not mine.

I dont refuse to acknowledge anything, im taking a systemic non reactionary view - im sitting here thinking to myself, we were in exactly the same position at this stage last season and i was reading posts like yours, fast forward six odd months and same lads were gushing over a Derby win - its hard to take hypocritical posts like that seriously in a moment.

I deflect nothing - i largely blame the players as the first three performances turned on individual errors and a system breakdown yesterday - id go through an U10 team of players doing what our professional footballers did yesterday - ive said consistently though there is collective blame - a good manager fronts - he has and will. The job of work is to correct a reductive mentality in the squad - i think that has disarmed him and surprised him. so id critique there.

I think you see the game through a confirmation bias - mores the pity - if you dont think we played some great stuff at times yesterday and couldn't see the changes in the second half as influencing the game. The game wont have any enjoyment for you mate.

Football put very simply is process rather then an event, you respond, you never react, a result is a moment in time.

When results turn - this thread will be like a door mouse band, only Duality ever fronts - when its not easy to. Today its easy - thus the whole thing lacks any sense of systemic analysis bar reaction. More so when as i say when its transparently lids trying to create a panic station by narrating a sense of despair and project immediacy. Like i say you respond, you never react.

We purred at times yesterday - we take the result on the chin - but all that is left to do is take 98% good out of that game, integrate the new players, get lads back form injury and get stronger on what we did well yesterday and do it better for longer.

You keep going on about a process rather than event. What actually is this process I’m supposed to be seeing?

Subs for me would have been Garner on for Tim around 65, then Dixon on for Seamus, Lindstrom on for either Harrison or McNeil.

We where flying but badly tiring in spots, the latter two of those three would have came on really pumped up, do those changes I think we run out 3-4 up.

ha ha so them
changes we score more the ones we made is why we lost?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back