2024/25 Sean Dyche

Regardless of whether tired players should stay switched on or not, the fact that Dyche could see it and smell it, yet failed to add fresh legs (and also break up Bournemouth's momentum by holding up the game) means, for me at least, he's got to go. Tim and Illman are a breath of fresh air but I reckon Dyche will ruin them if he stays.
Can you imagine being in the dressing room etc with him?

Must be draining.

I know it is for us watching it.

I agree with whoever suggested that Thelwell should pick the next manager. He is buying decent young players who could comfortably keep us up, and Dyche is persisting in playing slow old players and risking relegating us. We need a manager who is braver, and please not Moyes who is exactly the same type of manager
Any manager worth his salt who watched yesterday's game ought to relish managing a team who produced that first 85 minutes. We haven't got players and fans with the egos Chelsea have so I'd like to see Graham Potter take over.

What we have here is a simple case of hindsight mate, everyone has an opinion on what should have been done now the outcome is crystalized - no one was saying what should have been done in the match thread, nor shouting at the substitutions. No one blinked an eye. Now everyone has the answer - those answers range from he shouldn't of changed it, he changed it wrong and also he should have made substitutions earlier.
Well I'll be perfectly honest ...I watched this particular game at home so have no idea what the fan reaction was ...but I screamed at the tele when he brought two players on who can trap a ball further than I can kick ! If your just gunna let them have the ball , then strengthen defensive side of the team. Pretty obvious Beto and Doucoure weren't the answer I think ??

Can you imagine being in the dressing room etc with him?

Must be draining.

I know it is for us watching it.
Yeah in general I'm more in the "give them time" camp, we can't keep changing managers, etc.

But bloody hell 18 months of Dyche's buzzwords and middle management speak would be enough for most people, I wouldn't blame the players if they are starting to switch off.

My question would be whether, after 18 months, there is anything new that the players can really learn from Dyche and his two mates? Or do they need new voices and fresh ideas.

Regardless of whether tired players should stay switched on or not, the fact that Dyche could see it and smell it, yet failed to add fresh legs (and also break up Bournemouth's momentum by holding up the game) means, for me at least, he's got to go. Tim and Illman are a breath of fresh air but I reckon Dyche will ruin them if he stays.
I was ranting about this in the pub last night, his whole thing is "they weren't listening, nothing i could do" but like you say a manager can break up play and halt the momentum, make a sub or even just tell the closest player to the bench to go down with "cramp", it might be dark arts but a top manager in the same circumstances will have a player writhing in agony to give the team a breather if needed.

He simply did not respond the situation that was clearly unfolding in front of his eyes.

It's almost he's playing Subbuteo half the time. That's not working what I'll do is give a good flick and hoof it up there and pray it works for the best. Subs when he shouldn't doesn't sub when he should. Right now I'd rather allerdyce back and pissy pants. At least you know what you got. That's how bad it really is guys..... I feel sick saying it!

I agree with whoever suggested that Thelwell should pick the next manager. He is buying decent young players who could comfortably keep us up, and Dyche is persisting in playing slow old players and risking relegating us. We need a manager who is braver, and please not Moyes who is exactly the same type of manager as Dyche.
It seems to me that Thelwell is bringing in players ideal for the European 352 so maybe he should just take over the job himself.

An any other manager could of done that, last season we finished 14 clear and that’s without the points deduction, not an achievement
Season before we stayed up because Leicester self imploded

Very easy to say "not an achievement" or that anybody else could have done it.

All I know is how utterly useless we looked when lampard came in, and the following season when Dyche came in. Things were grim and altho neither did a great job in those seasons they both kept us up. They achieved the goal set when they came in.

Last season I'd say you were in the minority if you thought we would get 48 points and that was without even thinking of the added chaos of waiting for and then suffering two points deductions.

I mean I get people not liking him and wanting gone (I don't like him and once we have new owners and are safe I'd be happy to see him gone) but I think you are just being utterly biased to make your point

Yeah in general I'm more in the "give them time" camp, we can't keep changing managers, etc.

But bloody hell 18 months of Dyche's buzzwords and middle management speak would be enough for most people, I wouldn't blame the players if they are starting to switch off.

My question would be whether, after 18 months, there is anything new that the players can really learn from Dyche and his two mates? Or do they need new voices and fresh ideas.
Very fair, very well reasoned and sums up my view perfectly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back