2024/25 Sean Dyche

Watching the United v RS match, it grates me to be honest. They have the right mentality, whatever we think of them or how the match turns out, they aim to win. We don’t have any of that , it’s embarrassing the gulf in class and thinking to be honest.
Do one to todays football thread with posts like that, hard time being a blue the way things are don’t need to see posts lauding them and what they do.

I wanted Emery here in 2019 when most fans found the idea silly;
Unbelievable to me how many had this take, thought he was very hard done by at Arsenal and given how I'd seen his Valencia, Sevilla, and then Villarreal sides, I thought he'd be perfect for us.

He seems a nice fella too, what's not to like?

Unless you're Dracula-phobic, if he wore a cape in the dugout he may scare the opposition into conceding

Unbelievable to me how many had this take, thought he was very hard done by at Arsenal and given how I'd seen his Valencia, Sevilla, and then Villarreal sides, I thought he'd be perfect for us.

He seems a nice fella too, what's not to like?

Unless you're Dracula-phobic, if he wore a cape in the dugout he may scare the opposition into conceding
He would have succeeded there...

But dealing with divas like Auba and Ozil must have been a nightmare.

Agree. We have now some good players but a dreadful trainer. Theres also some fitness issues with the older players. Im convinced a better manager would have us top 10.

As a club the goal long term should be to win the league . People will laugh at that, I get it. We must be the only club who constantly calls for the need for “stability “every couple of years.

It’s about as tiresome and boring as me moaning about it.

Willing to give him a chance after losing more games than Dyche but not willing to give Dyche a chance with more wins . Odd
Dyche has had hundreds and hundreds of games to prove himself as a manager.
1725207435627.png

All he has proven is that he isn't very good.

By contrast Lampard was a relative unknown, but had still performed pretty well at his other clubs before us, so people rightly gave him more of a chance.
1725207522918.png

He let us down, proved he was very, very crap, the mood changed quickly and he was sacked.

Nothing odd about it.

Its time we stop putting up with crap managers lest we want our first season in BMD to be in the Championship.

I think it’s fair to say people liked Lampard more than Dyche and as such he was given more leeway.

You can reasonably argue that’s unfair, but it is human nature.

Dyche has done nothing to build a bond with the fans. So the fans will reject him sooner.

Same way as Benitez and Allardyce were unliked, due to their arrogance and constantly popcorning the fans.

Agree. We have now some good players but a dreadful trainer. Theres also some fitness issues with the older players. Im convinced a better manager would have us top 10.
Top 10, probably not, but have had better games against Spurs and Brighton and won the game vs Bournemouth.

I'd say bottom midfield half, but comfortably.

Dyche has had hundreds and hundreds of games to prove himself as a manager.
View attachment 271690

All he has proven is that he isn't very good.

By contrast Lampard was a relative unknown, but had still performed pretty well at his other clubs before us, so people rightly gave him more of a chance.
View attachment 271691

He let us down, proved he was very, very crap, the mood changed quickly and he was sacked.

Nothing odd about it.

Its time we stop putting up with crap managers lest we want our first season in BMD to be in the Championship.

and for the LATTER we need to start from the top ffs mate nothing will change until then

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back