2024/25 Sean Dyche

Absolutely nobody had a problem with Lampard getting sacked when he did. In fact roughly 100% of people think he wasn’t sacked soon enough. Why are we rewriting history, what are we doing.
There was relief when he FL finally left, but lots of people were a bit “shame it didn’t work out.” He was ultimately not equipped, but he did throw himself into it, and was engaging.

If this continues, when Dyche goes, there will be no regrets or sympathy at all.

With Lampard, there was the team and the fans and the board, and the team and fans often felt together.

Now there is the team, the manager, the board and the fans, and all 4 are totally disconnected. Dyche’s hasn’t endeared himself to the fans, and yet he also seems disconnected from the players, like he is instructing them; but he and the coaches are a separate entity.

I was fully on board with him until he proved himself unworthy. Getting to that point now.

I've come to the conclusion Lampard should have been given more time based on the arguments for Dyche.
When you compare the two there isn't much separation besides Dyche being given a longer leash.

Lampard: saved us from relegation last day of season.
Dyche: saved us from relegation last day of season.

Lampard: went on a winless run of 13? Was sacked.
Dyche: winless run of 14. Wasn't sacked, fluked 3 wins in a week and is now somehow a "miracle worker"
We would have been playing in the Championship now if Lampard had stayed, he was just that bad.

I've come to the conclusion Lampard should have been given more time based on the arguments for Dyche.
When you compare the two there isn't much separation besides Dyche being given a longer leash.

Lampard: saved us from relegation last day of season.
Dyche: saved us from relegation last day of season.

Lampard: went on a winless run of 13? Was sacked.
Dyche: winless run of 14. Wasn't sacked, fluked 3 wins in a week and is now somehow a "miracle worker"

Nah, that not I agree that Dyche should have been sacked in spring, but the games we lost under Lampard were almost all against teams that were involved in relegation battle with us that made it worse ...

Mate I am disappointed that we are 9 points off Man city and it's only 1st Sept, we can forget the league
Exactly.
We have no right to be upset about anything. We've only given up 10 goals in the first three matches under this defensive mastermind.
Nothing to worry about lads. Not like he has form for going a third of the season without winning a match or anything. Let's just all relax while he explains to the players how to sniff a victory. We'll be safe by the end of the season, and that's all we're allowed to aspire to, because anything else is ridiculous to even consider.

Did I do the hyperbole right?

i’m not doubting the wrong subs at wrong times and wrong tactics at 2-0/2-1

your a footballer see it out

Do you understand what tired means?

We had players who were 34, 31, 31, 35 who'd played 85 minutes. Tim had ran himself into the ground and was visibly exhausted.

Bournemouth put 5 fresh pair of legs on the pitch, half of their outfield players were fresh.

Do you know how it feels to be exhausted and try to do something physical against someone whos fresh?

Not to mention dyche then kneecapped the team by taking our two outball options off the pitch and replacing them with two calamities of players. Which ment that the ball kept coming back at us over and over again.

So basically dyche left old and exhausted players on the pitch, then took off our only two outlet to attack and replaced them with two who arent PL standard. Then blamed the players while also admitting he could tell what was going to happen and did nothing to stop it.

The players were fantastic yesterday. Dyche let them down and cost us that match and will keep costing us because hes a terrible manager. Sooner hes gone the better, hes a absolute virus on this club.

so he’s not done if they’re isn’t anyone to stick a fork in
Oh yes he is Matty, when a piece of meat is done, it's done whether anybody sticks a fork in or not. If no one sticks a fork in, it just stays there getting more and more burnt and filling the air with toxic smoke. It was, however, done and because no one stuck a fork in it, it has now damaged, perhaps beyond repair, everything in its immediate orbit.

We had players who were 34, 31, 31, 35 who'd played 85 minutes. Tim had ran himself into the ground and was visibly exhausted.

Bournemouth put 5 fresh pair of legs on the pitch, half of their outfield players were fresh.

Do you know how it feels to be exhausted and try to do something physical against someone whos fresh?

Not to mention dyche then kneecapped the team by taking our two outball options off the pitch and replacing them with two calamities of players. Which ment that the ball kept coming back at us over and over again.

So basically dyche left old and exhausted players on the pitch, then took off our only two outlet to attack and replaced them with two who arent PL standard. Then blamed the players while also admitting he could tell what was going to happen and did nothing to stop it.

The players were fantastic yesterday. Dyche let them down and cost us that match and will keep costing us because hes a terrible manager. Sooner hes gone the better, hes a absolute virus on this club.

i do mate. he should of made changes not denying it

but you can still stay switched on it’s ulut
job

Oh yes he is Matty, when a piece of meat is done, it's done whether anybody sticks a fork in or not. If no one sticks a fork in, it just stays there getting more and more burnt and filling the air with toxic smoke. It was, however, done and because no one stuck a fork in it, it has now damaged, perhaps beyond repair, everything in its immediate orbit.

ha ha what a way!

Yep , its all about image , its like politics.
Well, you have a couple of choices to get the fans on-side: court them, or impress them.

The former is easier, but I think Dyche has relied too heavily on being able to do the latter.

He hasn’t done enough to impress the fanbase - but I get the impression from him that he thinks he’s doing fine. His expectation levels are calibrated lower than ours.

Maybe he thinks he ought to be deified as he was at Burnley and is disappointed we’re unimpressed. Maybe he’s intimidated by a demanding fanbase at a big club.

I don’t know.

But I’m genuinely astonished how little he’s tried to engage with the fans. The best we get from him is a “I haven’t got a problem with the fans,” every now and then.

The players were fantastic yesterday. Dyche let them down and cost us that match and will keep costing us because hes a terrible manager. Sooner hes gone the better, hes an absolute virus on this club.
I’d want a refund for ‘Gaffer Day’…..it’s not quite what it’s made out to be

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back