2024/25 Sean Dyche

Well, you have a couple of choices to get the fans on-side: court them, or impress them.

The former is easier, but I think Dyche has relied too heavily on being able to do the latter.

He hasn’t done enough to impress the fanbase - but I get the impression from him that he thinks he’s doing fine. His expectation levels are calibrated lower than ours.

Maybe he thinks he ought to be deified as he was at Burnley and is disappointed we’re unimpressed. Maybe he’s intimidated by a demanding fanbase at a big club.

I don’t know.

But I’m genuinely astonished how little he’s tried to engage with the fans. The best we get from him is a “I haven’t got a problem with the fans,” every now and then.

i think he knows we’re screwed as a club and the feel i get is he knows this and can play on it - IE no pressure

Nah, that not I agree that Dyche should have been sacked in spring, but the games we lost under Lampard were almost all against teams that were involved in relegation battle with us that made it worse ...
We lost twice to Luton last year, but my point isn't actually that Lampard should have been given more time. My point is every agrees Lampard was bad, but Dyche is not much better and people laud him as some kind of hero.

Saying your players are fatigued when you have 3 unused subs should be a sack without compensation and a counter-suit for the losses he brought to the club for me.
If he is a Amazon warehouse team leader he would be booted out of the job immediately, shame that we always have more sympathy for professionals (he has an UEFA license remember) that has more at stake.

We have just enough talent to take that next little step and distance ourselves from the relegation zone. Dyche has proven the job is too big for him. In his mind we are a perennial relegation candidate and will stay there forever. All of his comments point to that. We need to get out of that mindset and start using the talent we do have at the club to work our way up. Even if slowly

We would have been playing in the Championship now if Lampard had stayed, he was just that bad.
We lost twice to Luton last year, but my point isn't actually that Lampard should have been given more time. My point is every agrees Lampard was bad, but Dyche is not much better and people laud him as some kind of hero.
Answered in this reply

Yeah we did, but for Everton he wasn't as bad as Lampard who had 0.92 average... FSW 1.00, Dyche 1.19... He's better than those 2.

Image is everything then 🤔
No. This is everything.

1000009795.webp

Watching the United v RS match, it grates me to be honest. They have the right mentality, whatever we think of them or how the match turns out, they aim to win. We don’t have any of that , it’s embarrassing the gulf in class and thinking to be honest.
Agree. We have now some good players but a dreadful trainer. Theres also some fitness issues with the older players. Im convinced a better manager would have us top 10.

There was relief when he FL finally left, but lots of people were a bit “shame it didn’t work out.” He was ultimately not equipped, but he did throw himself into it, and was engaging.

If this continues, when Dyche goes, there will be no regrets or sympathy at all.

With Lampard, there was the team and the fans and the board, and the team and fans often felt together.

Now there is the team, the manager, the board and the fans, and all 4 are totally disconnected. Dyche’s hasn’t endeared himself to the fans, and yet he also seems disconnected from the players, like he is instructing them; but he and the coaches are a separate entity.

I was fully on board with him until he proved himself unworthy. Getting to that point now.
Well said.

We all recognised it wasn’t working with Lampard and he had to go - but there was sadness about that.

As you say, Dyche is busy beavering himself down to the Benitez depths as far as fan opinion goes.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back