2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche has had hundreds and hundreds of games to prove himself as a manager.
View attachment 271690

All he has proven is that he isn't very good.

By contrast Lampard was a relative unknown, but had still performed pretty well at his other clubs before us, so people rightly gave him more of a chance.
View attachment 271691

He let us down, proved he was very, very crap, the mood changed quickly and he was sacked.

Nothing odd about it.

Its time we stop putting up with crap managers lest we want our first season in BMD to be in the Championship.

I really think Lampard did decent Chelsea, he must have been the one with the transfer ban right?

So he deserved a chance in the prem, like Gerrard when he was at Rangers. Not so Rooney...

When you see it written down…

I think Dyche is pretty lucky to still be in position. He reminds us all the time of everything he has to put up at the club but I reality if we weren’t basket case he’d have gone during the winless spell- managers rarely survive such a run. For me it’s not reactionary to want him gone so early. The pattern now suggests that our runs of good form that have kept him in the job are the exception not the rule.

Even during our terrible start last season there were things you could point to- we weren’t playing terribly, we just didn’t have a striker to start the season and if we had we’d have started ok.

This season is worse, everything feels off. There’s an air of unprofessionalism around the whole setup- in the opening weeks Gana and Pickford made errors no one should make, and yesterday I honestly believe was unprofessionalism from Dyche, I think he switched off before the players did, and wasn’t alert to players who were obviously tiring. He took off players who didn’t need to come off so they could get a nice round of applause and left on players who were gone.

Yesterday was a glimpse that the players at his disposal can perform really well, the club and the supporters shouldn’t have to accept being in a relegation battle as some sort of inevitability. But while Dyche is here, he might well be the guy to get you out of one, but he’ll sure as hell get you into one first.

and for the LATTER we need to start from the top ffs mate nothing will change until then
That too of course. That's why I think we need someone with a personal connection to the club who would be willing and able to come in and see us to BMD and maintain status in the league, at least just for this season. After that, hopefully we have new owners and can begin a full rebuild, top to bottom.

Yeah we did, but for Everton he wasn't as bad as Lampard who had 0.92 average... FSW 1.00, Dyche 1.19... He's better than those 2.
Exactly he's barely better than Lampard and Benitez. I've got no issue with people saying he's likely to keep us up(I actually agree) what I do have issue with is people saying Everton shouldn't/can't expect any better than what Sean Dyche delivers.

Exactly he's barely better than Lampard and Benitez. I've got no issue with people saying he's likely to keep us up(I actually agree) what I do have issue with is people saying Everton shouldn't/can't expect any better than what Sean Dyche delivers.
I do have the same, I say 45points is the minimum to reach... The club should be out a direct battle, aiming top half will take a few years and won't come with Dyche.

If A-E tier, Dyche is for D, E is Walker, FSW and Lampard.

Is he worse than Walter Smith? Haven't really followed Everton back then.

Regardless of whether tired players should stay switched on or not, the fact that Dyche could see it and smell it, yet failed to add fresh legs (and also break up Bournemouth's momentum by holding up the game) means, for me at least, he's got to go. Tim and Illman are a breath of fresh air but I reckon Dyche will ruin them if he stays.

I wonder what he was smelling

On why Ndiaye was substituted, Dyche explained: "He was fatigued. He had run hard by then. Premier League fitness, as you know... he is a very fit boy but I thought he was fatiguing at that stage. It’s one of those things. It was definitely fatigue.

“We could see his recovery was getting harder because he carried the ball and when you carry the ball it is fatiguing but I thought he did very well overall, without a doubt.”

Is he having an f'ing laugh?
McNeil, Harrison, both Central mids looked utterly goosed, yet he tries out the old premier league fitness as to why he took of Ndiaye.
Absolute clown,he looked the fittest player on the pitch.

I agree with whoever suggested that Thelwell should pick the next manager. He is buying decent young players who could comfortably keep us up, and Dyche is persisting in playing slow old players and risking relegating us. We need a manager who is braver, and please not Moyes who is exactly the same type of manager as Dyche.
Moshiri is so checked out I reckon it would be left to Thelwell.

Unfortunately, Moshiri is so checked out that sacking him isn’t something he can be bothered with, either.

He’s leaving it to the next guy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back