2024/25 Sean Dyche

We have never won a league game at Goodison, under Dyche, if the opposition has scored.

15 out of 30 home games

I bet he'd say that's also not his fault
'you saw what it was like before i got here'

'People would have you believe we were beating teams 3/4-0 before i got here, but the reality of the situation is that is wasn't, I've told the players that (picks nose and rubs it against his forehead), its a tough place to play, and we are working hard to change that noise and get beyond that'

We seem to struggle starting seasons in general for some reason. I remember we used to start poorly then finish strong under Moyes.

The amount of times where we have gone into a season with a bit of optimism only to flub our opening game does my head in.
Moyes managed us 20 years ago mate an I guarantee in 10 years he picked up more than 15 points.

A manager that picks up 15 points from 90, over the span of his top flight career points questions at his preseason preparation. Or we could just blame the club and our players, his former club and his former players just so he's absolved of everything

Moyes managed us 20 years ago mate an I guarantee in 10 years he picked up more than 15 points.

A manager that picks up 15 points from 90, over the span of his top flight career points questions at his preseason preparation. Or we could just blame the club and our players, his former club and his former players just so he's absolved of everything
Its that weekend at Glasto mate. While all the other managers are getting there training prep down to a tee.
Woany & Dyche are doing acid to Rick Astley

When your squad isn’t showing progression after 3 years, it’s time to pack your bags. He did his job in year one. We cannot adopt this relegation mentality because sooner or later you will run out of luck and actually be relegated. Moise kept us afloat during hard times, but he changed the culture of the club for the worse and we have lost any edge that other clubs seem to have. We have got to get the belief back, get out of this relegation arc and start distancing ourselves from this nonsense every year. Our luck will eventually run out and it will be too late.

This MOYES thing..

He absolutely did not change the culture of the club ‘for the worse’.

Before he took over we’d just finished:

12th, 13th, 17th, 15th, 6th, 15th, 17th, 14th, 13th, 16th. And then from nowhere we had 9 seasons in the top 8.

The idea the club had this winning mentality before he arrived and Moyes lowered expectations is complete nonsense.

(And before anyone chirps up with his away record at the top clubs - it’s been every bit as awful since he left)

Can't both things be true?

Based on a game by game basis at Everton there's enough to suggest he does prepare enough. I know full well we should've had 6 points last season against Fulham and Wolves and didn't. And this season you've had Pickford, Gana, Young, then an entire side gifting goals through errors - 2 of those games we had a grip of.

Ive no idea about his games under Burnley and who he faced.
We've played 3, been totally outclassed in two and had a grip of one till we didnt in embarrassing fashion.
Dont get me wrong. When Branthwaite comes back, we'll shore up the defense and we'll likely pick up enough points to stave off the drop.
I just dont want to deal with it any more.

From the pre match cliche ridden presser
To the poor team selection,
To the dire football on the pitch,
To the predictable tactics and formation,
To the lack of half time changes,
To the boring predictable subs,
To going behind and knowing theres no way back,
To seeing talented players having the football spirit sucked from them in real time,
To terrible game management
To the postmortem where everyone else gets the blame
To press snippets where he snipes at everyone who disagrees with him.

I'm sick of it.
It might see us safe, it might get us the odd gutsy derby win
but overall is it worth it?

thats a huge no from me!

We've played 3, been totally outclassed in two and had a grip of one till we didnt in embarrassing fashion.
Dont get me wrong. When Branthwaite comes back, we'll shore up the defense and we'll likely pick up enough points to stave off the drop.
I just dont want to deal with it any more.

From the pre match cliche ridden presser
To the poor team selection,
To the dire football on the pitch,
To the predictable tactics and formation,
To the lack of half time changes,
To the boring predictable subs,
To going behind and knowing theres no way back,
To seeing talented players having the football spirit sucked from them in real time,
To terrible game management
To the postmortem where everyone else gets the blame
To press snippets where he snipes at everyone who disagrees with him.

I'm sick of it.
It might see us safe, it might get us the odd gutsy derby win
but overall is it worth it?

thats a huge no from me!
Couldn't have put it any better myself. Exactly how i feel about it. Enough is enough. Well said.

Not even a whiff of a rumour of him being sacked. Club are asleep at the wheel. Lower league football it is.
They’re not asleep, it’s a ghost ship. There’s no one there to sack (or back) him.

Chongy’s trying to manage a stadium build while sorting out the cleaner’s pay from the petty cash box. He’s not got the time or the responsibility to bin off Dyche and find a replacement, even if he wanted to.

This MOYES thing..

12th, 13th, 17th, 15th, 6th, 15th, 17th, 14th, 13th, 16th. And then from nowhere we had 9 seasons in the top 8.

The idea the club had this winning mentality before he arrived and Moyes lowered expectations is complete nonsense.

(And before anyone chirps up with his away record at the top clubs - it’s been every bit as awful since he left)

The one constant throughout is the lack of top quality attacking players. Throughout our prem history there’s a handful of top class attackers. Kanchelskis Rooney Yakubu Mirallas Lukaku Barkley Richarlison James, and some didn’t stick round for long and two were from the academy. We’ve not invested what little money we’ve had (on average) during that time on good attacking players.

The decent prem teams we’ve had though under Royle, Moyes, Martinez and Ancelotti all have a good attacker at the top end. God forbid we’ve even paired them with a decent wide player at times. Martinez managed to put three together and almost got us top 4 with it.

When you compare it to the defensive talent we’ve had it’s a mis match. Baines Coleman Lescott Jagielka Yobo Distin Heitinga Stones Branthwaite Mina etc. we seem to have always had some very good defenders and been happy to get by without the attacking talent to match it except for a few occasions.

Until this changes we’re never going to progress as a club regardless of who the manager is because any manager will look at his resources and think ‘I’ll play defensively because my defenders are better than the attackers’

We were all getting excited by Ndiaye on Saturday, he was playing at Sheffield United, but even he is light years ahead of what we’ve now grown accustomed to over recent seasons. We need to get back to the level of Lukaku Mirallas Barkley as a front three just to even get back to competing with top half teams again.

This MOYES thing..

He did. Moyes got us through tough times. That doesn’t mean he and Bill didn’t damage the overall mentality of the club. The point isn’t whether Moyes did his job or not. Look at our record against the [Poor language removed]. Look at how much we struggled to get over the hurdle to compete for champions league places. The 7th place trophy jokes didn’t appear from thin air. We were complacent and have continued to be ever since.

The one constant throughout is the lack of top quality attacking players. Throughout our prem history there’s a handful of top class attackers. Kanchelskis Rooney Yakubu Mirallas Lukaku Barkley Richarlison James, and some didn’t stick round for long and two were from the academy. We’ve not invested what little money we’ve had (on average) during that time on good attacking players.

The decent prem teams we’ve had though under Royle, Moyes, Martinez and Ancelotti all have a good attacker at the top end. God forbid we’ve even paired them with a decent wide player at times. Martinez managed to put three together and almost got us top 4 with it.

When you compare it to the defensive talent we’ve had it’s a mis match. Baines Coleman Lescott Jagielka Yobo Distin Heitinga Stones Branthwaite Mina etc. we seem to have always had some very good defenders and been happy to get by without the attacking talent to match it except for a few occasions.

Until this changes we’re never going to progress as a club regardless of who the manager is because any manager will look at his resources and think ‘I’ll play defensively because my defenders are better than the attackers’

We were all getting excited by Ndiaye on Saturday, he was playing at Sheffield United, but even he is light years ahead of what we’ve now grown accustomed to over recent seasons. We need to get back to the level of Lukaku Mirallas Barkley as a front three just to even get back to competing with top half teams again.
Very true this. We’ve become used to watching mediocrity for so long that we’ve come to accept it. The club motto is a joke now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back