2024/25 Sean Dyche

We can’t just cheer and jeer ourselves into a better position.
Everton isn’t a set thing, in the 1980s we were amongst the biggest spenders and had success, the investment in the club has declined and we aren’t successful.
I remember the 70s and 80s very well because i was there but I'm note sure what any of that has to do with us having an absolutely atrocious manager which is what we currently have. The clubs mindset should always be aiming to be and get the best no matter how much trouble we are in and this fella couldn't be any further away from that. The complete opposite end of the spectrum. He is gutter level with an ambition of just staying in the league and is turning us into Burnley.

Our aim should always be to strive for the best even if we are miles away from it and this fella should have been thanked and booted at the end of last season and a new manager in place with loftier ambitions and capabilities regardless of whether he succeeded.

It's also completely bonkers having an enormous ego whilst achieving the square root of nothing in your entire career.

Yes. I get to an extent someone like Mourinho having a massive ego. Or EVEN, dare I say it, god forbid, the pig man. But Sean Dyche?! Absolutely nothing in the back catalogue to back up his arrogance. No wonder he rubs players and fans up the wrong way.

Yes. I get to an extent someone like Mourinho having a massive ego. Or EVEN, dare I say it, god forbid, the pig man. But Sean Dyche?! Absolutely nothing in the back catalogue to back up his arrogance. No wonder he rubs players and fans up the wrong way.
Even Big Fat Sam managed England. But one point a game and less than a goal scored a game in your entire managerial career. "10 years Premier League experience" is apparently enviable enough, to our Sean.

When your squad isn’t showing progression after 3 years, it’s time to pack your bags. He did his job in year one. We cannot adopt this relegation mentality because sooner or later you will run out of luck and actually be relegated. Moise kept us afloat during hard times, but he changed the culture of the club for the worse and we have lost any edge that other clubs seem to have. We have got to get the belief back, get out of this relegation arc and start distancing ourselves from this nonsense every year. Our luck will eventually run out and it will be too late.

Definitely but ultimately he selects the players is supposed to inject composure and a sense of cohesion in how we play, also that's a game management issue and it falls under his responsibilities. His speciality is supposed to be defense

Again, reading my earlier post it was in relation to players mentality during the transfer month.

I don't think they're ever focussed enough. And as they're not of much quality it gets found out in the league.

Right, so maybe the preparation is wrong. The fact that Dyche cant win in August would suggest it is.

Based on a game by game basis at Everton there's enough to suggest he does prepare enough. I know full well we should've had 6 points last season against Fulham and Wolves and didn't. And this season you've had Pickford, Gana, Young, then an entire side gifting goals through errors - 2 of those games we had a grip of.

Ive no idea about his games under Burnley and who he faced.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back