2024/25 Sean Dyche

The clown is mentioning fatigue in that quote but then completely ignores our midfield breathing out there asses for the final 20 mins or so, and our captain who’s just returned from injury getting his arse handed to him by the nippy wingers the opposition manager has thrown on, with our own quick young rb sat getting splinters.

How can the team have been operating the right way when they completely stop doing what they did previously - why didn’t he react?

Getting more and more fed up of the fraud as the days go by.

I thought I would be past it now but it’s doing my head in that an experienced football manager on £6 million a year can see/smell/taste it all going titsup on the field, but actually do sod all about it, and in particular not use a sub just to break it up.

If he doesn’t want to use a sub, he couldn’t even get basic instructions out to slow us down, stop attacking so much or for a player to feign injury and buy us time/breathing space, he’s just screaming nonsense at them, it’s criminal.

His post match comments made it 100 times worse, absolving himself of any blame and lashing the every single player, including the ones who did well, under the bus.

I’ve had enough of the fraud, he has to go.
For a good few years now, our players have tried the nuts off, i'm not really one to have a go at them due to them actually being hard workers.
They can lack cohesion, fitness, ability at times, but the vibe i get from a lot of these players is they do try there best.

Evertonians know what crap is so stop patronising us. All the stats men should go as well stats prove nothing. It’s putting the ball in the back of the net that counts. We have players running around aimlessly to get their stats up. Football brain , skill, speed , passion , and match fitness counts. Not knackering Dyche fitness. Basic skill , pass, shoot , score. Recovery important after match and training.

For a good few years now, our players have tried the nuts off, i'm not really one to have a go at them due to them actually being hard workers.
They can lack cohesion, fitness, ability at times, but the vibe i get from a lot of these players is they do try there best.
I'm with you.
What happened on Saturday wasn't on the players at all.
Manager made the wrong subs and had no plan B to stave off an onslaught.
Also, it should be clear now that Dyche had no idea what to do with a player like Onana.
He'd have been worth an extra 15-20m if a good manager had him for the last couple of seasons.

So we can't blame the players ?
You can if you want, I just think it'd be a bit short sighted.
What players do you blame for Saturday.
Myko was out of position but only because Ndiaye went off and the whole left side got screwed up.
Goals came down the right where Coleman was clearly gassed at about 75 mins.
Tim had also clearly ran out of steam.

Ndiaye was occupying half their team. When he went off for a player who cant pass a ball (not Doucoures fault either), the rest of the team couldnt cope with Bornmouths fresh legs and new found space. That's not down to them, that's down to terrible game management and the complete lack of a plan B.

Since managing in the premier league, Sean Dyche has:

managed 30 games in the month of August over 10 seasons;

90 points on offer

He’s picked up 15
We seem to struggle starting seasons in general for some reason. I remember we used to start poorly then finish strong under Moyes.

The amount of times where we have gone into a season with a bit of optimism only to flub our opening game does my head in.

Myko was out of position but only because Ndiaye went off and the whole left side got screwed up.

Ndiaye was occupying half their team. When he went off for a player who cant pass a ball (not Doucoures fault either), the rest of the team couldnt cope with Bornmouths fresh legs and new found space. That's not down to them, that's down to terrible game management and the complete lack of a plan B.
I reckon both the manager and the players though the game was won (and it should have been!) so instead of shutting up shop we went for another goal, chucked Beto on for a bit and ten once they got a goal back we crapped ourselves.

We seem to struggle starting seasons in general for some reason. I remember we used to start poorly then finish strong under Moyes.

The amount of times where we have gone into a season with a bit of optimism only to flub our opening game does my head in.
maybe we shouldnt be playing the likes of cobh ramblers and grimsby in pre season.
Maybe we shouldnt be talking openly about how it's all about fitness and tactics can wait.
Maybe double gaffer day wasnt the cleverest idea.

And then after he did what we brought him in to do i.e got us safe, treat him like a saviour and let him lead the final ever season in one of the most iconic stadiums in the country despite having one of the poorest career records of any manager we have ever had. His sole ambition for the season is stay in the league because he has spent the last 10 years bar one trying to do just that. Unsurprisingly we are rock bottom with zero points listening to the same nonsensical excuses after every defeat.

Everton should be ashamed of themselves, let the club and fan base down again, something we have all become very accustomed to now.
We can’t just cheer and jeer ourselves into a better position.
Everton isn’t a set thing, in the 1980s we were amongst the biggest spenders and had success, the investment in the club has declined and we aren’t successful.

Yeah this is a narrative that he has fabricated and put out there. He is a self serving egomaniac, when we win it’s all him, and when we lose the players and even fans get lashed under the bus. A Netto’s own brand Sam Allardyce.
My favourite bit was the athletic doing a full article on Dyche's thinking behind lashing on a tracksuit after our first win in 15 games.
He was throwing the narrative around that he 'changed the mindset', 'showed courage' and all the rest of that jargon they use on programmers like the apprentice and Steven Bartlett podcasts.

In hindsight you could just say the Burnley keeper kicked the ball at Calvert Lewins bottom.

Which hasn't been disagreed with.

My original post was addressing the mentality of the players who never seem focused at the start of a season.

For what happened on Saturday, you got 2 other games littered with individual mistakes costing goals (and not scoring them) and losing the game.

As a collective, key players seem to need everything to be at rock bottom to be motivated to perform. Then they struggle to maintain it.

Which hasn't been disagreed with.

My original post was addressing the mentality of the players who never seem focused at the start of a season.

For what happened on Saturday, you got 2 other games littered with individual mistakes costing goals (and not scoring them) and losing the game.

As a collective, key players seem to need everything to be at rock bottom to be motivated to perform. Then they struggle to maintain it.
Right, so maybe the preparation is wrong. The fact that Dyche cant win in August would suggest it is.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back