2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche has a clause in his contract that if it’s terminated early, he will be paid remainder of the seasons wages, plus next season. Considering he’s on £5 mill a season, thats around £10 mill. Then the cost of hiring a new manager and back room staff. In other words he ain’t going anywhere
Where's this info from? Doesn't make any sense at all

I've moved from pro Dyche to on the fence Dyche.

I'm going to query his advocates and say "well how long do you give him? - if we lose the next 3 do we keep him?"

I'm going to question his enemies by sneering at their Potter suggestions, and reminding them of their posts the week before he arrived saying we're going down.

I can't lose from this fence position.

There's a thing to be said about the mentality of the squad and certain players too.

Not won a game in August since 2021.
Last season we lost to Fulham (h), Villa (a), Wolves (h), Arsenal (h), drew with Sheff Utd (a). 1 point out 15. 2 of those we played exceptionally well but weren't ruthless.

We've played 3 that have been absolutely littered with errors from individuals and then a whole team this weekend.

To me there seems to be a pattern where you have the transfer window and there's a lack of focus from them. It gets to a point that they need to be at the absolute lowest to gauge a reaction and perform.

Not removing Dyche from blame. But it's a reoccurrence of similar traits from previous seasons.

Personally... we'll be fine as it's a long grim season. As long as we don't get hit with points. We're still in survival mode

But when Bournemouth have 5 players , so half their outfield team … that are fresh … and we have half our team that literally have no fuel left in the tank…. “Falling apart” happens as they are getting over run and their minds and legs simply cannot function like the opposition as they have been playing for 20 mins and are in the groove.

Our players vould have helped themselves , gone down injured and got breathers , not pushed up the pitch etc but everything is on dyche imo…

He could have broke up the play with subs , he could have changed the midfield , changed shape to 5 at the back … he could “smell it in the air” and decided to rub more snot into his scalp than make a meaningful decision or action

ye fresh legs can help but the ones out they’re shouldn’t of fell apart

Dyche has a clause in his contract that if it’s terminated early, he will be paid remainder of the seasons wages, plus next season. Considering he’s on £5 mill a season, thats around £10 mill. Then the cost of hiring a new manager and back room staff. In other words he ain’t going anywhere
Surely not even we would be this stup….oh god he does doesn’t he.

The reality of the situation is fairly simple and it’s one which makes it more bewildering why so many are splitting their spleen over him.

Most likely we get taken over some point this season and his contract won’t be renewed at the end of the season

We can’t afford to change manager in the mean time under Moshiri UNLESS we look likely to be relegated, in which case the cost of firing him is less than the loss from relegation

No one decent is going to take a job knowing a new owner could turf them out in 6 months and their contract with Moshiri is worthless.

If he’s as bad as people think he is, he’ll be fired soon

If he keeps us in the league, he’s more than likely going at the end of the season

I’ll say thankyou for keeping the club in the league at a perilous moment in history and delivering us to a new stadium and a new owner

Some people are acting as though he’s eaten their children though. 2 and a half seasons for a turnaround job isn’t the most offensive thing in the history of the human race.

Some of you really really need to unclench your pearls as I hate to break it to you but seeing as 6 managers failed prior to Dyche the likelihood of the next one immediately taking this club to football hipster nirvana is very slim.
I mean. That’s simply not true.

The reality of the situation is fairly simple and it’s one which makes it more bewildering why so many are splitting their spleen over him.

Most likely we get taken over some point this season and his contract won’t be renewed at the end of the season

We can’t afford to change manager in the mean time under Moshiri UNLESS we look likely to be relegated, in which case the cost of firing him is less than the loss from relegation

No one decent is going to take a job knowing a new owner could turf them out in 6 months and their contract with Moshiri is worthless.

If he keeps us in the league, he’s more than likely going at the end of the season

I’ll say thankyou for keeping the club in the league at a perilous moment in history and delivering us to a new stadium and a new owner

Some people are acting as though he’s eaten their children though. 2 and a half seasons for a turnaround job isn’t the most offensive thing in the history of the human race.

Some of you really really need to unclench your pearls as I hate to break it to you but seeing as 6 managers failed prior to Dyche the likelihood of the next one immediately taking this club to football hipster nirvana is very slim.

Good post.

There's a thing to be said about the mentality of the squad and certain players too.

Not won a game in August since 2021.
Last season we lost to Fulham (h), Villa (a), Wolves (h), Arsenal (h), drew with Sheff Utd (a). 1 point out 15. 2 of those we played exceptionally well but weren't ruthless.

We've played 3 that have been absolutely littered with errors from individuals and then a whole team this weekend.

To me there seems to be a pattern where you have the transfer window and there's a lack of focus from them. It gets to a point that they need to be at the absolute lowest to gauge a reaction and perform.

Not removing Dyche from blame. But it's a reoccurrence of similar traits from previous seasons.

Personally... we'll be fine as it's a long grim season. As long as we don't get hit with points. We're still in survival mode
Since managing in the premier league, Sean Dyche has:

managed 30 games in the month of August over 10 seasons;

90 points on offer

He’s picked up 15

Did they fail? Previous 2....yes. Not the previous 6 though.

1725362644113.webp

I get what you are saying 100%, i mentioned the new owner thing in a previous post (a new owner might want his own man, and sacking our replacement for Dyche to do that doesn't sound to appealing),

We are still aloud to complain about him though?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back