2024/25 Sean Dyche

He doesn’t believe subs are effective. And it ultimately makes no difference what the other team does tactically or how many subs they make.

If the team is operating in the manner that I think is right, other than fatigue or injury of course, then I don’t tinker too much. My stats and the facts on that have paid me back. I believe in a way of working and unless someone is particularly off-colour, or there might be an injury reason, or just a fatigue reason, I often leave the side alone if I think it is operating in the right way”

This is a quote from him last August when we also started crap;
I could have taken the whole team off at half time”
yet at half time, he made 1 sub.
Remember when Carlo used to make subs to nullify the opposition or close out a game?

Yeah, look and learn Dyche.

I've moved from pro Dyche to on the fence Dyche.

I'm going to query his advocates and say "well how long do you give him? - if we lose the next 3 do we keep him?"

I'm going to question his enemies by sneering at their Potter suggestions, and reminding them of their posts the week before he arrived saying we're going down.

I can't lose from this fence position.

Chicos been doing that for over ten years 😂

If our only ambition is to hang on and survive in the league then maybe he should be kept on. I can see why people have this view point.
But if we want to progess at all as a football team , and try and improve and get away from been happy with 17th then we need to change manager
He's content with staying up and that's the narrative he keeps peddling.
That's not good enough at all

I'm going to query his advocates and say "well how long do you give him? - if we lose the next 3 do we keep him?"

I'm going to question his enemies by sneering at their Potter suggestions, and reminding them of their posts the week before he arrived saying we're going down.

So in a nutshell, you are moving to a position where can give both sides stick. Down there for dancing. :lol:

Worst thing for me is it being the last season ever at Goodison. Every effort should have gone into making it the best one possible for the club and supporters and i don't mean by an unrealistic high finish or winning things, just a stress free season with no relegation threats and a few moments to savour. Give the grand old lady a fitting send off.

Instead, they left a man in charge who is incapable of anything great and who's only aim is to stay in the league and another season of despair and disappointment is guaranteed even to the 3rd party observer. Even when he scrapes a few wins together (which he will), it will be short lived and a run of defeats will ensue. It has been a pattern for his entire career.

I am so disappointed with Everton that i literally have their email address set as spam so it auto deletes their nonsensical emails straight to the bin. That is how i will remember the final season at the Grand Old Lady so Thanks Everton.
Last season Goodison fans watched the least amount of goals scored of any other team in the prem. With 8 in the 2 games so far, at least he's fixed that problem.

I want him gone because he will be sacked in a few weeks time when Villa smash us and we lose to Leicester, now is the perfect time to sack him but we wait, finally sack him then have a caretaker for 2 months while they mess about working out what to do

I want him gone because he will be sacked in a few weeks time when Villa smash us and we lose to Leicester, now is the perfect time to sack him but we wait, finally sack him then have a caretaker for 2 months while they mess about working out what to do

There is another International Break in October which is just before the Ipswich game. I imagine if this run continues, he will be on the brink then.

I think the time has come when he should go, but, I don't think he will, I can't see Moshiri playing him off or being bothered to get someone else . At this time I'd be happy for him to go, but, only if we already had his replacement lined up and ready to come in immediately

He isn’t going anywhere, let’s be honest here. Moshiri is the only one who can make that decision and he probably isn’t bothered.

There hasn't been as much as a mention in the media of him been under pressure or that's he's on the brink of the sack . The narrative that he's doing a good job is working
I’m just really not sure the club can afford to sack him, or certainly his arrogant / complacent words and attitude suggest he thinks the club can’t afford to sack him.

The reality of the situation is fairly simple and it’s one which makes it more bewildering why so many are splitting their spleen over him.

Most likely we get taken over some point this season and his contract won’t be renewed at the end of the season

We can’t afford to change manager in the mean time under Moshiri UNLESS we look likely to be relegated, in which case the cost of firing him is less than the loss from relegation

No one decent is going to take a job knowing a new owner could turf them out in 6 months and their contract with Moshiri is worthless.

If he’s as bad as people think he is, he’ll be fired soon

If he keeps us in the league, he’s more than likely going at the end of the season

I’ll say thankyou for keeping the club in the league at a perilous moment in history and delivering us to a new stadium and a new owner

Some people are acting as though he’s eaten their children though. 2 and a half seasons for a turnaround job isn’t the most offensive thing in the history of the human race.

Some of you really really need to unclench your pearls as I hate to break it to you but seeing as 6 managers failed prior to Dyche the likelihood of the next one immediately taking this club to football hipster nirvana is very slim.

Dyche has a clause in his contract that if it’s terminated early, he will be paid remainder of the seasons wages, plus next season. Considering he’s on £5 mill a season, thats around £10 mill. Then the cost of hiring a new manager and back room staff. In other words he ain’t going anywhere

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back