2024/25 Sean Dyche

It’s been an awful start, performances have been rank. I still think on what he achieved last season under the most difficult conditions means Dyche has earned the right to be given time to turn this around.
He’s been operating under incredibly difficult circumstances throughout his time here I’d certainly agree with that . The blokes stubbornness is more than a little hard to take sometimes , I also just wish he’d have a think about his comments immediately post match because it’s not helped him .

Even if we lose the next three games, unless the players look like they have downed tools, I can’t see anyone else more likely to keep us up than Dyche… other than maybe moyes. But it would be a difficult return for moyes. Not sure that most managers would want this job, those that do probably eyeing the salary, and a ready made excuse it it goes wrong “shambles, no investment, decade of decline”
We were 10mins away from from being 13th.
The football isn’t great, but most of the game on Saturday was a decent.
We have a terrible hand of cards at the minute. Dyche is playing them unexcitingly, but not being rash. We need to stay in the game and hope we have more investment next season. And then maybe a new manager bought in.
Maybe a new manager 😂😂😂😂😂 it’s obvious where you’re on dyche, if you were playing poker, you’ve just turned your cards face up
making the usual excuses. Who could do a better job, who’re we going to get, honestly it’s boring now.

If we lose the next 3, what fans are still behind which isn’t many, will have lost their heads too and every game the fans will not be behind him, the atmosphere will be horrendous, he won 4 games in 30 the season Burnley went down, we can’t wait that long. A new manager, gives Everyone a lift we’ve seen it time and time again, it’s gives the fans hope of something different and loads of mangers would come to Everton. Do you think dyche took the Job because of his love for Everton and being a manager or was it the 8mil quid he was offered.

The league this year is a bit tougher than last, but our squad should be not going down, we should comfortably stay up imo. And plenty of mangers could keep us up no problem

He’s been operating under incredibly difficult circumstances throughout his time here I’d certainly agree with that . The blokes stubbornness is more than a little hard to take sometimes , I also just wish he’d have a think about his comments immediately post match because it’s not helped him .
I have the feeling that a number of signings Sean vetoed was because it would take them a season to properly bed in and he’s OOC at the end of the season so he doesn’t give one.

One of the key fundamentals of when a project is going wrong is to stop it. Rather than watch it carry on because of past performance
Its not working. He's toast here.

I think to a degree you are right. I can see it being another season that's more uncomfortable than we'd like but I do think between the quality we do have in the side and Dyche's own track record here we'll be okay.

That said, you can only just subsist for so long, unless there is any real evidence this season that Dyche can actually take us on a bit, rather than just survive, we shouldn't renew his contract in summer.

For now though, sadly the club can't really afford to sack him.

Fella broke me with his horrific in game management and subs Saturday. To be up two nil on 87 and lose is an utter travesty! The fact he claimed he could see it coming and did very little beyond his prepared subs is exasperating. They made FIVE subs you have to help the team !!! He is limited and outdated for me theres a reason we start every season badly he prioritises fitnesss over tactics and the opposition we play is poor. We have come into this season with several injuries. Then you turn to his stubbornness on certain players like Doucoure and Keane and I think despite some obvious weaknesses at full back, the squad is actually better than he allows it to be. He's just a getting by manager and if you are just surviving you are sinking we cannot bank on three teams being worse every season and we cannot and I repeat cannot have this guy next season.

He's picking fights like Big Sam and Rafael and we all know how their reigns ended

Even if we lose the next three games, unless the players look like they have downed tools, I can’t see anyone else more likely to keep us up than Dyche… other than maybe moyes. But it would be a difficult return for moyes. Not sure that most managers would want this job, those that do probably eyeing the salary, and a ready made excuse it it goes wrong “shambles, no investment, decade of decline”
We were 10mins away from from being 13th.
The football isn’t great, but most of the game on Saturday was a decent.
We have a terrible hand of cards at the minute. Dyche is playing them unexcitingly, but not being rash. We need to stay in the game and hope we have more investment next season. And then maybe a new manager bought in.
We are talking about just staying up after three games as much as the club is a mess isn't that also on Dyche?

Fella broke me with his horrific in game management and subs Saturday. To be up two nil on 87 and lose is an utter travesty! The fact he claimed he could see it coming and did very little beyond his prepared subs is exasperating. They made FIVE subs you have to help the team !!! He is limited and outdated for me theres a reason we start every season badly he prioritises fitnesss over tactics and the opposition we play is poor. We have come into this season with several injuries. Then you turn to his stubbornness on certain players like Doucoure and Keane and I think despite some obvious weaknesses at full back, the squad is actually better than he allows it to be. He's just a getting by manager and if you are just surviving you are sinking we cannot bank on three teams being worse every season and we cannot and I repeat cannot have this guy next season.
@Marius57 can you quote that post what he said at the start of last season about the subs.

@billyblue80 read it and it'll all make sense on why he's so poor at making changes. Burnley fans came in here and told us he's dreadful at it. He'll always select the same 11 and do his utmost not to sway from them.

Has anyone asked him why he thinks he has such an awful record in August?

Be interesting to hear his view on why it could be.

That's what a proper journalist would do. A proper journalist would also ask why no tactical work is done in pre season up until 2 games to go before the season starts.

There's no method to what he does where he can point and say "see, it works".

1 gaffer day is embarrassing, doing 2 I think is pathetic, especially if the 2nd one related to any injuries that were picked up.

Has any journalist asked him why he thinks he has such an awful record in August?

Be interesting to hear his view on why it could be.
He will waffle on about his PL experience
@Marius57 can you quote that post what he said at the start of last season about the subs.

@billyblue80 read it and it'll all make sense on way he's so poor at making changes. Burnley fans came in here and told us he's dreadful at it. He'll always select the same 11 and do his utmost not to sway from them.
I have never known a manager who is so bad at using subs they are either too late or like for like or as you say he leaves the same 11 on. Our back four was creaking Saturday our midfield was knackered you had to get O'Brien on or Garner in midfield or even get Young on to cover a wing, but no in 2024 when you can make five subs he thinks the same 11 or Beto and Doucoure two of our worst at holding onto the ball, should see it out, absolutely prehistoric management. This next block of fixtures could be brutal he needs results from Leicester and Palace at least or he is sacked, people saying we can't afford to sack him and who would do it, well we can't afford to be rooted to the bottom of the table after six or seven games either.

I think to a degree you are right. I can see it being another season that's more uncomfortable than we'd like but I do think between the quality we do have in the side and Dyche's own track record here we'll be okay.

That said, you can only just subsist for so long, unless there is any real evidence this season that Dyche can actually take us on a bit, rather than just survive, we shouldn't renew his contract in summer.

For now though, sadly the club can't really afford to sack him.
They don't need to sack him .can they afford to put him and his 2 hapless coaches on gardening leave for 9 months and employ another manager and coach in that period?

I suspect that even Everton's finances stretch that far.

Do you remember pre season and it was all about fitness, he said he'd done enough pre-seasons to know what he's doing...Then can never win a game in August. I think something may be wrong Dychey with your pre season work and subsequent friendlies.

Unfortunately those types of pre season are a thing of the past, players come back already fit, they need tuning and then tactical stuff. Higher quality opposition. the likes of Salford teach us or him nothing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back