2024/25 Sean Dyche

State of this forum today is just so demoralising.

Dyche kept us up against the odds. He then took us to 48 points. He did this with very little budget and a very limited squad.

Today we lost a poor game of football. But the state of this forum (and the boos in the ground 25 mins in) would have you think Benitez was still in charge and we're destined for relegation.
It's not that we lost its how we lost is the problem, no idea what so ever.

Should have been shown the door at the end of last season. Not sure how anyone expected him to suddenly become better. We won 13 games out of 38 last season and had a run of about 14 without a win. Keane, Young and Holgate says everything you need to know about him.

Terrible Manager.
I was pretty much in the fence with him last season, in terms of results if not style of play, but come down in the end to deciding he deserved a crack at this season, but he will continue to lose people if he keeps making the decisions he does, and refrains from taking any proactive in game management.

If I were a betting man I would think it unlikely he will be here by the season’s end if he doesn’t learn. Does anyone know what Textor’s proclivity for sacking managers is like (if he does take over)?

Dyche kept us up against the odds. He then took us to 48 points. He did this with very little budget and a very limited squad.

Today we lost a poor game of football. But the state of this forum (and the boos in the ground 25 mins in) would have you think Benitez was still in charge and we're destined for relegation.
That was a disgrace today. We were hammered at home by Real Madrid Bayern Munich Brighton and Hove Albion. No excuses for that pathetic capitulation.

People are fed up. What do you expect? I get it can be tedious to read negativity, it’s a big symptom of a club that has stagnated and quite frankly has been papering over cracks for decades with Moyes doing the best covering of it out of the rest.

The club is tedious. It’s continually trying to catch up on itself with bad decision making, you don’t think people would get fed up of that?

I’ll tell you something, Everton are lucky they still that many fans invested as they do.

Fair enough. I think it’s just the manner of it all happening the way it did. There’s no signs this season is going to be any better than the last few and given that people are frustrated. If there was any sign of progress in play style or even just the team being picked then it wouldn’t be as glum as it is.

You make it sound like people are overreacting to one bad game. It’s exactly the same as all the bad games we had last season. That’s really the problem.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back