2024/25 Sean Dyche

None of that makes sense mate - there is no need for relegation hyperbole, we are three games into the season - there are 105 points still to be earned and competed for - no point coming up with scenarios that relegation is somehow a forgone conclusion - we were dead and buried in Feb 23 with Demari Gray up front and the manager enabled survival. You wouldn't be putting your money down on a binary bet on staying up or going down at the moment would you.

As we know and im sure all accept - where you finish in the league there is a direct correlation on what you spend both on wages and fees - there are multiple tables illustrating it - hes been at clubs including our own with negative net spends and little budget to spend on wages - we all know that. In that context in a year and half here and the adversity he faced and at Burnley via Europe for decade hes punched weigh above what resources hes been allowed. All the evidance is there.

Your judgement isnt coloured by seeing Everton win - ive seen it to - i can tell you what those times weren't governed by - chopping and changing the manager every six months - its not our way. Its only creeped in here under Moshri, and fans have been conditioned in to a chop and change culture of adrenaline rushes to change things.

The chest thumping about success and ambition around expectations is ridiculous as far as im concerned. Here's why, you get nothing for nothing, why do Everton deserve to be any better then we are at the moment, we've ran the club into the ground, we're the worst run club in the league, we have no money, huge debts and have had all that for years - why do we deserve to be any where else then where we are? - we dont, we deserve to be bsol;utley where we have been in the last three seasons for the holistic the performance of the entire club. Talking about having a higher ambition and standards based on our history is horse manure - you have to earn it - the whole club not just the footballing Dept. We dont deserve to be anywahere then we are on the whole club performance and actually lucky to be in the league really.

The end point of achieving ambition, is recovering the club, that is built on consistency and stability - there has to be a plan - we are seeing that evolution with the likes of Tim and Ndaiye come in and the other new players - we saw it for 87 mins on Saturday the transition. That recovery is a process, it takes work, it takes adversity and it takes time. Thumping your chest and saying you have ambition wont just make it happen and do it for you.
I agree with you on your point that chopping and changing managers is not the answer. Furthermore I believe the manager -go-round has contributed in no small measure to our problems. However my take on it is not that we have sacked too many managers but that we have hired too many poor managers who needed sacking. The way to stop the hire and fire culture is to stop giving jobs to people like, Benitez, Fat Sam and Sean Dyche.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.