2024/25 Sean Dyche

Fans would be so so much more forgiving of the result (and even performance) if it didn't include entirely irredeemable players.
Keane is so consistently damaging to the team, his presence makes the team skittish and prone to mistakes, and leads to the fans groaning and criticising, and has this self-fulfilling terrible effect that we've seen consistently for the last 4 years whenever he plays.
Young I have patience for - but literally only if he's playing alongside an otherwise confident back line. With Keane there both him and Tarkowski were terrible. And Holgate really shouldn't even be entertained.
If we had youngsters or players out of position losing 3-0 in the way we had, the fans would have been FAR more forgiving. But Dyche returning to Keane and Holgate totally undermines any sense of progress that keeps the fans onside. A fan booing Harrison at right back is a [Poor language removed], a fan booing Ashley Young getting another red card is fed up.
Also keep in mind our best player today would have certainly been sitting in the bench if garner wasn’t injured

If I was to say to you that you could have Sean Dyche sacked now but in any future game this season you cannot in any way shape or form celebrate anything his Everton team do, would you take that deal?
Maybe yes

I dont really do big celebrations when we score anyway. I'm usually more concerned about VAR getting involved, or how quickly we will concede from the restart lol

Taking off an attacking player (Harrison) and replacing him with another defender (Holgate) whilst you’re a couple of goals down at home is criminal. The fact that it’s actually Holgate just rubs more salt in to the wounds. Why not replace Harrison with Lindstrom?

I think we all realise already that Lindstrom is this seasons Danjuma. The manager seems petrified of attacking players with a bit of skill and flair. It’s “experience” “Premiership experience” and defensive forward players who first and foremost, put in the hard yards and track back more than they go forward.

The scapegoating on Keane is a bit much. It’s obvious where the weaknesses are and I understand why people are upset with the inclusion of Keane today (particularly over O’Brien who had a very good preseason). But Keane did his job. He played pinpoint balls to Harrison all game and Harrison did a great job transitioning into attack.

But then we had our front two have a mare. We had McNeil who was completely frozen out of the game. We had our chucklehead RB doing F’all to support Harrison or even defend at a competent level. Harrison was isolated which would have been fine if our front two could actually time a damned run or compose themselves on a breakaway.

It was 100 percent the managers fault today. He set the team up to fail and came up with a game plan that obviously was not going to work with the players we had. We had attacking players on the bench that could have made a difference. If we had just gotten one goal out of those breakways, this is probably a walk in the park. Dyche absolutely wiffed. Needs to do miles better.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back