2024/25 Sean Dyche

Howe relegated Bournemouth yet is doing well at Newcastle.

Moyes relegated Sunderland yet done a great job at EFC & WHU.

He needs backing with resources.
Eddie Howe openly said he left Bournemouth, went away and contemplated on how he setup and what needed changing

He changed it all, his approach, his in game tactics, everything

Sean Dyche is doing the same thing he did 12 years ago

Dyche relegated Burnley and isn't doing a great job with us, what's your point. This is his squad now, he's been here as long as Ancelotti has been. He's spent money in the summer, and last summer. Money doesn't stop surrendering a 2 goal lead 2 weeks in a row, mentality does.

I'm not sure even with backing he changes a thing.

He has 1 way of playing and he sticks to it stubbornly, his subs are poor and of poor timing.

Let's be honest his philosophy is don't concede and hope we score, the weird thing is this year we are shipping goals for fun!!

He isn't really what anyone actually wants, he has been functional so far, this year not so much!!

The problem is with dyche is unless you are tight at back and win a few games its absolutly dire because what we are served up every week is mind numming
He is a “low margin to win” manager, i.e. if his teams are winning it will usually be by one goal, or the games have been tight, or could go either way.

So for that to work, he needs to be strong defensively. As soon as he loses that, he doesn’t have a chance.

There are 2 reasons his teams start the season so poorly

1. His pre seasons are shambolic. Lots of emphasis put on running but the team come into the season seriously lacking in match fitness and with significant injury problems. The pre season matches aren't even taken seriously and are mostly against vastly inferior opposition.

2. He is not a good coach. He was massively overrated at Burnley and he hasn't progressed or developed at all.

While I agree with your wider point, I dont agree at all with the Lindstrom and Ndiaye point. The difference in quality between those 2 players looks enormous.

One has zero adaptation to make, coming from a background in the championship he's definitely comfortable with the pace and physicality of footy here.

The other simply isn't yet.

Also Lindstrom literally played a out 2-3 games in total minutes last season - about 190 in the league. Ndiaye played a hell of a lot for Marseille.

Also whilst neither is a natural winger, Lindstrom looks way less comfortable out wide than Ndiaye does.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back