2024/25 Sean Dyche

I`m hoping any new owner will look at that position specifically and think there is an upgrade that can be made there.

If you bought Everton tomorrow for £400m, for arguments sake, would you want Dyche as your figure head and a sign of your intent?

Speaking for myself I`d want someone who gets the best out of players, maybe a proven coaching/development past and bring a new more attacking/positive attitude to the club which would filter down the whole set up and through the youth.

What do we think the constant negative tactics brings to the club? Do we think his negative tactics are a way forward for our youth sides? We play the worst football in the league.
I work as a finical auditor, so I have seen many shocking things over the years Therefore call it occupational illness. Dyche wouldn't be my long term man, that's sure. If results were ok overall, then keep Dyche for the moment, but replace him with a more attacking coach, but that is also proven to develop teams and work under difficult circumstances after his contract ran out. 2025 we also can get rid of a lot of the deadwood like Maupay, Keane or Holgate. So for a financially stretched club, I'd rather have 5m more to get a player...

It's not that I'm happy with the brand of football, but I can bite in a sour apple as long as results are passable overall, still being crictical, but saying nope there's not urgency to sack someone just to see better football given the financial situation, no ownership and many other things that are more important to sort out at first to bring back Everton long term. I'm no fan of hasty overreaction actions.

But I know building something sustainable will take years and therefore also give a coach time and windows, but Dyche wouldn't be my man for that project.

For the life of me I cannot understand playing Young & Keane.

There must be good young players who can give better performance than those two. And no doubt with pace, also.

Is Dyche seeing things on the training ground that the rest of us are NOT seeing on the pitch?

Improve or go, Dyche...

Dyche had the opportunity today to get the fans onside and he failed miserably.

1.45pm as soon as the team sheet came out killed the potential atmosphere like a pin popping a balloon, having Keane young Doucoure, Harrison and McNeil in the team is just same old same old.

Then that sub of bringing Holgate on WHAT??????
Only positive today is Tim and that Ashley Young misses 3 games
Ashley Young only misses 1 game, even less positives…

Apparently, several posters find a sensible like this hilarious. Fair enough, far be it from me to tell people what to do, or how to feel. If you can't move on from a defeat, then that's your prerogative.
I find I tend to get over it the next day a lot more, it is what it is, least Tim was positive and I thought Harrison didn't look as crap as usual..

They are a very stable and well run club and we are amateurish in comparison, which is crazy given the relative histories. But they were borderline crap last year, with a supposed wizard of manager who was rumoured to have the great honour of replacing Klopp at one point because he was so amazing. They had less points than Palace, the same as Bournemouth, and the same points as we won on the pitch.

Not arrogant to say a matter of weeks later from winning the same points as us after we went months without a win that they should’t be absolutely embarrassing us at Goodison without really having to try.
I don't want get embarrassed by any team. But that is our reality. Anyone can rock up at our place these days and stroll away with 3 points.

Screenshot_20240817_213635_Google.webp

Not 100% sure, but I'm guessing it means something like "Dyche is a living God, kneel before him peasant". Something like that.
Nobody is saying Dyche is a living god, just that people should have a bit of perspective given what we've seen over the past few years. A win at home today would've made it 6 home wins on the bounce for the first time since 2019. People are acting like we lost the 5 at home at the end of last season.

Nobody is saying Dyche is a living god, just that people should have a bit of perspective given what we've seen over the past few years. A win at home today would've made it 6 home wins on the bounce for the first time since 2019. People are acting like we lost the 5 at home at the end of last season.
That is true, but everyone could see the writing on the wall with that team selection. The performances of O’Brien, Dixon, Lindstrom and Ndiaye (pre-season) were ignored for players who’ve proven they are not good enough or past their best. The bringing on of Holgate was the final straw, and was like sticking two fingers up to the crowd and lost him a lot of respect from the fanbase.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back