2024/25 Sean Dyche

Had a dream last night that Dyche got the boot and Coleman took over as player manager. We then lost 3 nil to Leicester. After that, everyone collectively agreed not to go to the games anymore and to forget Everton existed. "Ever-ton? Whaat's that?

Had a dream last night that Dyche got the boot and Coleman took over as player manager. We then lost 3 nil to Leicester. After that, everyone collectively agreed not to go to the games anymore and to forget Everton existed. "Ever-ton? Whaat's that?
As much as I loved Seamus as a player in his younger days, I’m not sure I could listen to him apologising to the fans every week after another defeat :lol:

We have been dominated in every game we have played this season possession wise.

He’s an absolutely garbage football manager and needs to get back to his roots and run a pub side.

He has no place in the modern game.
That wasn’t an endorsement of Dyche by the way! It’s just the way he plays and always has done. :lol:
I know , it was just seeing the name of Dyche with the phrase ‘game plan’ in the same sentence, without ‘no’ being included as a qualifier, amused me greatly.
His only game plan is ;
1. Work Hard!
2. Don’t get beat .
3 . Work Harder .
4 . Hoooooof !

15 games without a win last season, can't pass a ball for more than 3 or 4 passes 25% possession in everygame regardless of the opposition and can't keep a lead or a clean sheet its not kneejerk just basic common sense.
Don’t suppose the players may have something to do with the results, could be wrong but from what I’ve seen I know who I hold responsible and it ain’t 100% Dyche nor was it the the previous seven managers.
We have very ordinary team of players besides one two.

Just read his comments about the boos for when young was brought on and he thinks it was because it was young. The boos where because he took a striker off and put a defender on leaving a 5ft 6 midfielder/winger on his own as a target man which effectively took our best player out of the game, he's completely misread the room there either on purpose or he's just an idiot. I'm no fan of young but really don't get how he didn't start as left back instead of McNeil. He's making some really bizarre tactical decisions lately that make no sense at all.

….do you not think Thelwell is getting an easy ride in all of this? I think the comparisons were there for all to see last night if posters put the contempt for Keane and Young to one side.

McNeil was awful at LB, Soton were having a free run in the 2nd half getting in behind him (Cornet had him on toast too) and the introduction of Young was necessary and immediately improved us defensively.

The bottom line is, Young is our best back-up option at LB. It’s the reason Dyche picks him, he’s certainly better than McNeil. I agree Young should be nowhere near the team but these are the options Dyche has been given. How many windows has this DoF had to bring in an effective RB option, never mind having a decent LB back-up.

Then it’s Keane v O’Brien, both played last night so the comparison was there to judge. I’m Keane’s biggest critic but I’m not blind to seeing why he’s being selected. It’s not because ‘he’s a pet’ or a ‘favourite’, Keane hardly saw game time last season when Dyche had Branthwaite, Tarkowski and Godfrey to choose from. Keane was MoM for many posters last night. I’d be starting O’Brien but I don’t think it’s a ‘die in a ditch’ selection and I see why Dyche goes with Keane.

Keane and Young shouldn’t be playing, I can’t be having either but I can see why Dyche is selecting them, indeed Young should’ve started last night. As for ‘ship without a captain’, I’d agree with that as soon as Dyche loses the dressing room which I didn’t see at any point last season. He does look rattled at this moment and there’s an inevitability he’ll go if things don’t pick up but I’m still for him.

We disagree fundamentally on this one, I’m actually less convinced with Thelwell, he’s left us exposed in key areas for too long.

The agenda against thelwell continues.

I'm not even here to say he's good but I'm convinced if benitez was here you'd be going on with a similar tone of message.

Dyche 100% has favourites and whilst there is an argument for "he's got to play who he has available". He still more often than not picks young over other available options and picked Keane last season till he played himself out of the team. He is also 100% responsible for the tactics and the style of play (i also think hes totally responsible for the number of injuries we started the season with). We don't have a good squad, but a better manager gets more out of them.

Thelwell. Clearly has some weaknesses and has made some blunders (no more so than brands). there is also the line of talk that suggests dyche has outright rejected lots of players bought to the table and I know you'll say "he's the director of football he signs who he wants" ....with the state of our finances he can't sign players the manager won't play. Like brands he has issues with the people above him making life eternally difficult.

Don’t suppose the players may have something to do with the results, could be wrong but from what I’ve seen I know who I hold responsible and it ain’t 100% Dyche nor was it the the previous seven managers.
We have very ordinary team of players besides one two.
Yes the recruitment has been abysmal for some time and the owner has trashed the club for sure. But I do think the team is capable of better. Likes of Carragher were right when they said we need to be a bit braver and get on the ball. They’ve showed in patches they can play some half decent stuff if they move it instead of lump it up the pitch.

Time and a place for hitting row z but not 99% of the time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back