2024/25 Sean Dyche

I said we had a depleted side. I didn't comment on Southampton.

If I was to comment on Southampton - I'd say they made optional changes.

They have a bigger squad than we do and considerably less injuries.

We're threadbare, and we had these players unavailable...

Branthwaite
Coleman
Patterson
Chermiti
Mykolenko
Calvert-Lewin
Broja
Tarkowski
Gana Gueye
Garner

Apparently Southampton's bigger squad, had 2 injured last night.

Their fans responded well to their team sheet on social. Ours? Well, less so...
Southampton made 10 changes

Come on, when on earth has Moyes ever been a possession manager? This is just silly now.

Dyche played Ndiaye out wide instead of McNeil against Bournemouth. Id say that's making a change.
When ndaiye is basically a number 10. We apparently against villa over the course off the game had 10 players out of position.
I never said Moyes was a possession manager I said he’d find another way, you can say what you like, but Moyes is a much better manager than dyche, I wouldn’t really want Moyes back, but right now it’s a no brainer

Southampton made 10 changes

? Optional changes which has no barring on my point.

We had a depleted side last night.

People bang on about possession, but we were playing a team who pass for passing sake. They went to Brentford, Brentford had 37% possession but still beat them 3-1. They went to Newcastle, Newcastle had 22% of possession but Newcastle beat them 1-0. Against Nottingham Forest, Forest had 35% possession.

It was a crap watch, but we still should have won. The fringe players fans have been screaming to be given a chance, just didn't do it. Looking at you, Lindstrom. Looking at you, Beto.

The likes of Mangala rushed in - he had the fewest of touches of any outfield player.

Dixon, as refreshing as it was to see some pace - also lost the most duels on the pitch and to me at least, was walked through repeatedly down that side.

I didn't expect us to beat Spurs Away, or Villa Away.

Brighton are no mugs - Bournemouth was the disappointment.

I shared my view on here we'd be on <3 points prior Leicester. The next two, Leicester A and C.Palace he needs 3/4 points, minimum.

The upcoming fixture list now looks a bit kinder - we need to stay in contention come January and hope ownership is sorted and spend.

Leicester a
Palace h
Newcastle h
Ipswich a
Fulham h
Southampton a
West Ham a
Brentford h

The literal definition in the Cambridge dictionary is “to think or believe something will happen”

Like I said, mindset.

Clap clap clap
You still don't understand.

But for your benefit I will humour you using your literal definition.

Do you believe we will win every game? Do you think we will win every game?

Remember, be literal.

Last edited:
At what point does he have to go?

Ignoring the sane people who want him gone already, the question is to those who still back him; at what point does that change? If we lose to Leicester? If we have less than 5 points after 10 games? No points after 10?

This is a good question.

I've felt if we have less than 3 points after Palace then you have to make the change.

That's an average, so obviously fluctuates based on teams you play, like Southampton who tend to have more possession than their opponents.

As I said, apart from Doncaster and Bournemouth we played 4 opponents, where you likely end up with clearly lower possession than them. I don't care about possession as much either and wouldn't like if you use it like Southampton.

But apart from Bournemouth we didn't play pro active football or made the life hard like Forest against Liverpool, to control the game without possession to expose their strengths.

You also see 4 of the last 6 games against PL we made the lead and got one point after 90min that is worrying. It's more worrying against Bournemouth or Souton than Villa or Arsenal surely.

I said we had a depleted side. I didn't comment on Southampton.

If I was to comment on Southampton - I'd say they made optional changes.

They have a bigger squad than we do and considerably less injuries.

We're threadbare, and we had these players unavailable...

Branthwaite
Coleman
Patterson
Chermiti
Mykolenko
Calvert-Lewin
Broja
Tarkowski
Gana Gueye
Garner

Apparently Southampton's bigger squad, had 2 injured last night.

Their fans responded well to their team sheet on social. Ours? Well, less so...

You're gona make a counter argument against everything. I get that. So their depleted side know how to or are at least coached to retain a ball. But possession. What about it. Its no big deal? Only the sides you exampled were winning off lower possession. Everton aren't.
So what have we got currently under Dyche? A team that is virtually unwatchable that cant keep possession. Or win without it.
ts not a great combination is it.

I get some don’t have time for The Esk, but listened to his podcast last week and he hinted that if Dyche is sacked he gets a full year salary, or something of that effect, regardless of how long he has left on his contract. Due to Everton being skint the pay off package may keep him here until the end of the season. Obviously this may just be rumours, but could be possible.
The Esk also said last season 'it is well known in football that Kevin Thelwell is looking for a move and will likely be leaving in the summer.'

I hate to say it about a decent bloke, but unless I have missed something, The Esk has a lower ITK hit rate than would be statistically likely if you put a monkey in front of a typewriter and taught it to randomly mash the keys.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back