2024/25 Sean Dyche

I'm a crap supporter, I lashed my season ticket a few years ago but in all honesty are there any match going fans that actually look forward to going to a game with Dyche in charge?
Am going to Leicester on Saturday with my best mate and little lad,it's his first away game. He's only 6 but he's absolutely Everton obsessed,So on that basis am really looking forward to it.

We'd all like to be beating teams at a canter and lifting pots but unfortunately it's not where we're at the minute,but am sure win lose or draw we'll talk about the day for years to come.

At this point I’d welcome Lampard back with opened arms.

What have we become. This is without doubt the worst period in our recent history.

I’m of the opinion now that Benetiz and Lampard are superior coaches to Dyche, and if we’re honest both were terrible for us.

Unless a change is made quick we are 100% down. There’s nothing that I’ve seen this season to make an argument to suggest otherwise.

The football is terrible you’d be hard pressed to find worse in Sunday league.

The manager is a proper chunt. Needs to go asap.

On why he took off a striker Beto and replaced him with rb Young - 'Just trying to adjust the team to go and win a game'. couldn't make this $hit up.

I think the worst part of this all, is that he genuinely believes he's fantastic.

Southampton had a depleted side more than Everton did. They made 10 changes.
The argument about possession would be valid if Everton occasionally won a match. We dont.

They made more changes than we did.

I said we had a depleted side. I didn't comment on Southampton.

If I was to comment on Southampton - I'd say they made optional changes.

They have a bigger squad than we do and considerably less injuries.

We're threadbare, and we had these players unavailable...

Branthwaite
Coleman
Patterson
Chermiti
Mykolenko
Calvert-Lewin
Broja
Tarkowski
Gana Gueye
Garner

Apparently Southampton's bigger squad, had 2 injured last night.

Their fans responded well to their team sheet on social. Ours? Well, less so...

Ok let’s forget possession. What do you think about the 5 wins in 30
Games?
Poor, but when analysing who those games were against, there are a lot of tough games in there. With context though, there were games that we were better in and have lost (such as Bournemouth recently) and games where we have been particularly dismal when we should have been better (Wolves). There are also games though where we have outperformed like in the derby.

Not winning or picking up a point yet this season is dismal and should be rightly criticised but there is complete lack of context from some people because of an angry fog that has consumed them in wanting Dyche out.

Everything has to be the best or the worst with no inbetween

And that's without speaking about Muppets who thinks we are expected to win every game.

Interestingly, some of the same people who are banging on about possession want Dyche to be replaced by Moyes, whose West Ham side were only slightly better over the course of the season in terms of average possession.

It's almost as if football isn't as black and white as just looking at one stat.
But Moyes knows he has good forwards and pace so can play a bit more counter attacking. Maybe he’d play slightly different with our players. Dyche seems to want to play counter attacking, but has our main striker constantly isolated and we have the 2 slowest wingers in the league and he’s done nothing to change it.

His only tactic is to boot long and hope we get a corner or free kick

But Moyes knows he has good forwards and pace so can play a bit more counter attacking. Maybe he’d play slightly different with our players. Dyche seems to want to play counter attacking, but has our main striker constantly isolated and we have the 2 slowest wingers in the league and he’s done nothing to change it.

Come on, when on earth has Moyes ever been a possession manager? This is just silly now.

Dyche played Ndiaye out wide instead of McNeil against Bournemouth. Id say that's making a change.

We play counter-attacking football without knowing countering

Poor, but when analysing who those games were against, there are a lot of tough games in there. With context though, there were games that we were better in and have lost (such as Bournemouth recently) and games where we have been particularly dismal when we should have been better (Wolves). There are also games though where we have outperformed like in the derby.

Not winning or picking up a point yet this season is dismal and should be rightly criticised but there is complete lack of context from some people because of an angry fog that has consumed them in wanting Dyche out.

Everything has to be the best or the worst with no inbetween

And that's without speaking about Muppets who thinks we are expected to win every game.
Poor 😂😂😂😂😂 poor wow and the old some tough game’s chestnut.

4 of the 5 we won, Burnley their keeper basically gifted us the win, we played awful and hardly created anything. Forest 2 long range goals, created very little else, Forest had 3 penalty shouts and Pickford made a worldie from Chris wood. Brentford we had 1 shot on target they had 5, we won 1-0. And shef Utd was a dead rubber. So some of them 4 could have gone the other way. He’s a dinosaur who plays turgid football, that doesn’t get results. Tough games or not, he would have been sacked at all the other 19 teams, for 5 wins in 30

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back