2024/25 Sean Dyche

Sorry mate but you cant cherry pick what parts of Southampton you want to mention.
Both sides were depleted from their league games. Why is it only relevant to Everton.
Its also a "fact" that the sides you brought up against southampton that had less possession won those games. You're trying to make the point possession doesnt win you games. Thats fine. Most know that. Its not a choice with Everton though. We're not only incapable of possession through the style of the manager. We're also incapable of winning games( unlike those other teams you brought up) without it.
This isnt complicated this one.
We're in big trouble.

Hello mate.

Depleted: use up the supply or resources of.

Optional changes is a world away from forced changes.

Southampton picked the team they wanted. From a much bigger squad, too.

Everton have no depth at all - when you take out about 10 players through injury/illness it's going to sting.

We didn't want to lash McNeil left back. We didn't want to rush Mangala in etc. We wouldn't have opted to have no striker on the bench. etc.

Still, despite barely having a kick - we were the better team. As Newcastle, Brentford and N.Forest were against them. If we had a capable player in the final third, we win too.

9 of Southampton's starting XI also had the dreaded 'PL experience' (more than 5 games) prior to this season compared to our 5

I can't recall a more cobbled together Everton 11 than last night

….and that’s where I disagree. There’s plenty of what I think are lazy stereotypes about Dyche but if you listened to his post-match press conferences last season, he was as frustrated as us with the lack of quality in possession and finishing.

Posters said Doucoure will never be dropped but his game time this season is limited (not sure he even got on the pitch at Villa). I think he was keen on the acquisition of better quality in the top third to give him options at no10.

Last night clearly demonstrated Young is our only effective LB cover, McNeil was defensively dreadful and needed to be replaced yet the emphasis is on Young. Dyche took Beto and Doucoure off and finished the game with an attacking axis of; Ndiaye, Lindstom, McNeil and Harrison, pretty much what posters are calling for and hardly suited to ‘Hoofball’ tactics.

If you went to the Bournemouth game, some of the stuff played was terrific but of course I understand the manager should be accountable for that last 10mins. Look back in December of last seasons Dyche thread and many posters were very complimentary of our playing style.
‘Playing style ‘ 😂😂😂
You are pure gaslighting us over Dyche .😂

I said we had a depleted side. I didn't comment on Southampton.

If I was to comment on Southampton - I'd say they made optional changes.

They have a bigger squad than we do and considerably less injuries.

We're threadbare, and we had these players unavailable...

Branthwaite
Coleman
Patterson
Chermiti
Mykolenko
Calvert-Lewin
Broja
Tarkowski
Gana Gueye
Garner

Apparently Southampton's bigger squad, had 2 injured last night.

Their fans responded well to their team sheet on social. Ours? Well, less so...

The manager selected that team, he chose to rest Pickford, Tarkowski, Gana, Garner and DCL. So not sure why we’re pretending he would’ve played them if they’d been available.

hahahaha oh my days you are actually a moron

You've used this thread and taken it seriously??????

Welcome to GoT mate, that's called baiting and sarcasm

Perhaps I'm just more realistic about where we are as a club and our limitations whereas some loonies on here were talking about a European push.

Perhaps also I don't pump worth into things like possession stats when they're absolutely redundant without context and analysing the wider spectrum of the game.

Literally heard nobody talking about Europe. Absolute dyche peddled nonsense.

The manager selected that team, he chose to rest Pickford, Tarkowski, Gana, Garner and DCL. So not sure why we’re pretending he would’ve played them if they’d been available.

Not sure why you're pretending they were available.

Only Pickford from your names there was rested. Needs it too, been poor.

The rest all ruled out.

It's ok to some point for me, Leicester is the more important priority. Not saying that I tolerate yesterday and saying it was an unimportant game.

hahahaha oh my days you are actually a moron

You've used this thread and taken it seriously??????

Welcome to GoT mate, that's called baiting and sarcasm
There are people in the thread being serious. You didn't answer my question either in my other post, probably a bit fragile.

Why wouldn't we win the title though since you think we will win every game?

5 wins , nine months
Football is dire .
Can't score
Can't defend
Plays Keane despite the numbers saying he shouldn't, (not that he was at fault last night)
Gets outhought to often by other managers and is slow to change if they do.
Subs are baffling.
Crowd have no faith in him or his team, expecting to get beat now.
Really needs to up his game in the next two games or it will turn very nasty with the fans.
Got the feeling of Rafael all over again at the moment.
Keeping Dyche is just forefeiting points for every game he takes charge of, I think some on here are supporting Dyche over Everton.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back