2024/25 Sean Dyche

Keeping Dyche is just forefeiting points for every game he takes charge of, I think some on here are supporting Dyche over Everton.
I supported him at the beginning and wanted to get behind him.
But for the first time in my life, I am expecting to get beat,( anyone that knows Me will tell you that's just not me.
I always get up for beating teams even when logic tells you otherwise).
Honestly feels like he has lost contol of the situation, same as the end at Burnley, gets found out , can't change goes on a downward spiral.
If he turns it around fine,
Do I honestly have any faith he will , No
Hope we don't hang on to long as I don't want to be cut adrift at the bottom .
We currently are the worst team in the division, and with the players we have that's not good enough.

Young missed a pen after being boo'ed coming onto the pitch.

Was unnecessary stress/pressure heaped onto the boy. I do not believe in the concept of being able to do what you want just because you bought a ticket.

If you are not supporting the boys in blue, bugger off and stay at home !
I don't think Ashley Young was being booed, just like he's not been booed coming on before. What was being booed was Dyche's choice to take off our centre forward for a full back when we should have been doing exactly the opposite and going for a win.
The boys in blue weren't being booed, just Dyche, because he gives us nothing. The sooner he's gone the better.

….and that’s where I disagree. There’s plenty of what I think are lazy stereotypes about Dyche but if you listened to his post-match press conferences last season, he was as frustrated as us with the lack of quality in possession and finishing.

Posters said Doucoure will never be dropped but his game time this season is limited (not sure he even got on the pitch at Villa). I think he was keen on the acquisition of better quality in the top third to give him options at no10.

Last night clearly demonstrated Young is our only effective LB cover, McNeil was defensively dreadful and needed to be replaced yet the emphasis is on Young. Dyche took Beto and Doucoure off and finished the game with an attacking axis of; Ndiaye, Lindstom, McNeil and Harrison, pretty much what posters are calling for and hardly suited to ‘Hoofball’ tactics.

If you went to the Bournemouth game, some of the stuff played was terrific but of course I understand the manager should be accountable for that last 10mins. Look back in December of last seasons Dyche thread and many posters were very complimentary of our playing style.
It’s a results business, and he’s not getting them.

Either that changes very soon or he’s gone.

This is a good question.

I've felt if we have less than 3 points after Palace then you have to make the change.
Why would you keep him? He a defensive manager who can’t defend, there goal was a free header in the 6 yard box an 3 of them where unmarked, they should of had a stone wall pen in the last minute by Young who made up for it in pens. Why take off A striker for a RB then put a number 10 up front

….and that’s where I disagree. There’s plenty of what I think are lazy stereotypes about Dyche but if you listened to his post-match press conferences last season, he was as frustrated as us with the lack of quality in possession and finishing.

Posters said Doucoure will never be dropped but his game time this season is limited (not sure he even got on the pitch at Villa). I think he was keen on the acquisition of better quality in the top third to give him options at no10.

Last night clearly demonstrated Young is our only effective LB cover, McNeil was defensively dreadful and needed to be replaced yet the emphasis is on Young. Dyche took Beto and Doucoure off and finished the game with an attacking axis of; Ndiaye, Lindstom, McNeil and Harrison, pretty much what posters are calling for and hardly suited to ‘Hoofball’ tactics.

If you went to the Bournemouth game, some of the stuff played was terrific but of course I understand the manager should be accountable for that last 10mins. Look back in December of last seasons Dyche thread and many posters were very complimentary of our playing style.

100%, its the time for calm heads at the moment.

I don't think Ashley Young was being booed, just like he's not been booed coming on before. What was being booed was Dyche's choice to take off our centre forward for a full back when we should have been doing exactly the opposite and going for a win.
The boys in blue weren't being booed, just Dyche, because he gives us nothing. The sooner he's gone the better.

There was a fella sat not far from myself screaming abuse at Young coming on mate.

Young does not pick himself and is only at the club due to our dire finances.

These minority of fans should be ashamed of themselves. Plenty of fans who can't get a ticket who would be creating a positive atmosphere during the match. The club should start confiscating tickets from the worst offenders.

….i really hope he gets the results he needs to save his job, i still think he’s the best chance we have.

Moyes is the obvious replacement, I’d be surprised if he’s not already been sounded out. Everything has to be short-term until the new owner comes in and ultimately gets the manager/DoF he wants.
You are baffling me? How is he our best option? He is literally dragging us in to a relegation battle, his ingame management is the worse I’ve ever seen his subs are awful(this has been a running theme for 2 years) he reacts way to late

Why would you keep him? He a defensive manager who can’t defend, there goal was a free header in the 6 yard box an 3 of them where unmarked, they should of had a stone wall pen in the last minute by Young who made up for it in pens. Why take off A striker for a RB then put a number 10 up front

We were one of the best in the league at defending last season.

We've played 4 league games. 2 against of those against Spurs and Villa away. Even Brighton - never an easy game when you have Keane and Young in defence.

Beto was crap last night. We did need to change it but had no other striker so he's thought push NDiaye up who has played upfront before. Don't think it was that outrageous of a decision myself. The bench had nothing on it.

You are baffling me? How is he our best option? He is literally dragging us in to a relegation battle, his ingame management is the worse I’ve ever seen his subs are awful(this has been a running theme for 2 years) he reacts way to late

….he demonstrated last season that he was the best option.

A squad of poor quality, absent owners, no Board, points deductions and yet he still comfortably avoided relegation. That demonstrates to me he’s the best option.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back