2024/25 Sean Dyche

Young missed a pen after being boo'ed coming onto the pitch.

Was unnecessary stress/pressure heaped onto the boy. I do not believe in the concept of being able to do what you want just because you bought a ticket.

If you are not supporting the boys in blue, bugger off and stay at home !
Young wasn’t booed, the manager was booed for bringing young on.

I didn’t boo myself, but im not sure what the manager or you expected mate, it was a terrible sub.

If he needed to take Beto off, who has hardly played and can’t be tired, he should have brought sherif on.

Yes, I guess "modern Everton" is the qualifier. I hope "modern Everton" soon means something better.

Our reputation is crisis club Everton mate, our profile is in the bin, sad for this once great institution.

Which is one of many reason why we shouldn't blink here and feed into the stereotype.

Everyone in football can see where it all went wrong and how instability was created........but here some of us are trying to trigger it again.

Why - would it work this time?

"Just pick good managers"

Whose picking the manager?

"Oh Yeah".

*Applying context.

Context: We were 19th after 20 games without him. Maybe then we wouldn't be playing European football without him.
Context: Mina wouldn't have been fit to play a sustained amount of games in the run in.

Mina was sat on the bench the whole time. We actually had plenty of people arguing Keane was the better option.

Similar to now, the manager made the decision to play Keane over other options. He is doing it again now, and we are back to haemorrhaging goals. So either the manager is a complete idiot and hasn’t spotted the pattern, or he is self sabotaging his own job. Which one is it?

….he demonstrated last season that he was the best option.

A squad of poor quality, absent owners, no Board, points deductions and yet he still comfortably avoided relegation. That demonstrates to me he’s the best option.
The real reason we avoided relegation last season was the worst bottom 3 as a collective is the worst the Prem has ever seen.
We won't get that luxury this season.

We were one of the best in the league at defending last season.

We've played 4 league games. 2 against of those against Spurs and Villa away. Even Brighton - never an easy game when you have Keane and Young in defence.

Beto was crap last night. We did need to change it but had no other striker so he's thought push NDiaye up who has played upfront before. Don't think it was that outrageous of a decision myself. The bench had nothing on it.
To be fair I thought Keane was good last night.
I though if Ndiaye had been alongside Beto in the first half then we would have caused real problems.

My feeling is that Dyche doesn't have real confidence in some of the young players... yet.
Our football was far too cautious.

Mina was sat on the bench the whole time. We actually had plenty of people arguing Keane was the better option.

Similar to now, the manager made the decision to play Keane over other options. He is doing it again now, and we are back to haemorrhaging goals. So either the manager is a complete idiot and hasn’t spotted the pattern, or he is self sabotaging his own job. Which one is it?

We broke a record for the most configurations of a defence - you need some continuity in defence. I understand going Keane, and holding off cheese string thighs Mina.

Say what you want about Dyche, but last season proved he knows how to defend. Wasn't it something like 3rd/4th least goals conceded from open play? Some effort.

He also had you and me, celebrating Everton signing Michael Keane - such was his form for Burnley.

He's playing Keane now, because Branthwaite is injured and evidently, OBrien isn't considered ready.

If we kept Godfrey, he'd be playing him as he often did last season.

We were one of the best in the league at defending last season.

We've played 4 league games. 2 against of those against Spurs and Villa away. Even Brighton - never an easy game when you have Keane and Young in defence.

Beto was crap last night. We did need to change it but had no other striker so he's thought push NDiaye up who has played upfront before. Don't think it was that outrageous of a decision myself. The bench had nothing on it.
I thought it took ndiaye out of the game he’s too small to be upfront alone.. however we had sherif on the bench .. having watched him play .. got to admit he’s not great , but he’s a striker and better than Beto

To be fair I thought Keane was good last night.
I though if Ndiaye had been alongside Beto in the first half then we would have caused real problems.

My feeling is that Dyche doesn't have real confidence in some of the young players... yet.
Our football was far too cautious.

Still played more of them than any other Everton manager I can recall.

Appreciate a lot of the time out of necessity, mind.

Why didn’t you confront that fella and say something? Or counter act it by cheering Young on, or starting some chants going to get a positive atmosphere going? Is it because you’re a little internet goblin who’s too much of a coward to say what you think to people in real life but will gob off on here all day long and play the superfan?

Did you respond to @Nymzee ‘s DM too btw?

If you had ever been a game at Goodison, you would know it is difficult to "confront" someone rows away from you without being ejected from the ground. You're too busy with trips to New York to know that though.

I offered you to meet me months ago son after you threatened me with violence, and you backed out. iirc, you also ducked BullensRoad who offered you to a dual a few months ago. You're the biggest coward on here my friend. Now I know your identity, its not surprising, you couldn't knock a wank out.

And yes I responded to Nymzee, still waiting for him to respond back with his contact details so we can arrange for him to kick me in the face. If he is anything like you, I'll be waiting a while.

Also, Dyche is long-serving by modern Everton standards.

Haven't we gone through something silly like 7 managers in 6 years ? The issue is, fans have become accustomed to seeing managers sacked at the first sign of trouble. We need to get away from this mentality otherwise we'll continue to be a club in turmoil / constant transition.

Our reputation is crisis club Everton mate, our profile is in the bin, sad for this once great institution.

Which is one of many reason why we shouldn't blink here and feed into the stereotype.

Everyone in football can see where it all went wrong and how instability was created........but here some of us are trying to trigger it again.

Why - would it work this time?

"Just pick god managers"

Whose picking the manager?

"Oh Yeah".

I've seen shouts of Tuchel & Zidane coming to EFC to replace Dyche.

Ambitious names, but completely delusional in the clubs current situation.

Even if the club wanted Dyche out, we couldn't afford to pay him and his backroom staff off.

He's here for the rest of the season.

IMG_9180.webp

This is the bit I don’t get, and I am guilty of it too. It’s the manager that picks Keane and Young and if they are not good enough then blame him and not them. No player on that team sets out to make mistakes.
I don't agree with this to an extent, I agree young doesn't pick himself and he doesn't set out to sabotage us, however he come on and almost instantly nearly give a pen away for an act of utter stupidity, same with his sending off vs Brighton, same as the anfield derby, his constant mistakes have nothing to do with dyche picking him, its down to him being an absolute lizard.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back