2024/25 Sean Dyche

If you had ever been a game at Goodison, you would know it is difficult to "confront" someone rows away from you without being ejected from the ground. You're too busy with trips to New York to know that though.

I offered you to meet me months ago son after you threatened me with violence, and you backed out. iirc, you also ducked BullensRoad who offered you to a dual a few months ago. You're the biggest coward on here my friend. Now I know your identity, its not surprising, you couldn't knock a wank out.

And yes I responded to Nymzee, still waiting for him to respond back with his contact details so we can arrange for him to kick me in the face. If he is anything like you, I'll be waiting a while.

Haven't we gone through something silly like 7 managers in 6 years ? The issue is, fans have become accustomed to seeing managers sacked at the first sign of trouble. We need to get away from this mentality otherwise we'll continue to be a club in turmoil / constant transition.

I've seen shouts of Tuchel & Zidane coming to EFC to replace Dyche.

Ambitious names, but completely delusional in the clubs current situation.

Even if the club wanted Dyche out, we couldn't afford to pay him and his backroom staff off.

He's here for the rest of the season.

Ahhh I am chuckling here, people messaging you to kick your head in hahahahahahahahaahahha

We broke a record for the most configurations of a defence - you need some continuity in defence. I understand going Keane, and holding off cheese string thighs Mina.

Say what you want about Dyche, but last season proved he knows how to defend. Wasn't it something like 3rd/4th least goals conceded from open play? Some effort.

He also had you and me, celebrating Everton signing Michael Keane - such was his form for Burnley.

He's playing Keane now, because Branthwaite is injured and evidently, OBrien isn't considered ready.

If we kept Godfrey, he'd be playing him as he often did last season.

If the continuity in defence means leaking 3+ goals every game then no I disagree, you don’t need that continuity in defence. You just play your best football players.

….he demonstrated last season that he was the best option.

A squad of poor quality, absent owners, no Board, points deductions and yet he still comfortably avoided relegation. That demonstrates to me he’s the best option.
Last season is done and dusted, this season has been an unmitigated disaster.

I would have preferred to get rid last season, but overcoming the points deductions swayed me to think he deserved another go. I think he has well and truly blown that goodwill and we are now just prolonging the inevitable as with Benitez and Lampard.

The real reason we avoided relegation last season was the worst bottom 3 as a collective is the worst the Prem has ever seen.
We won't get that luxury this season.
I’m not a current Dyche defender by any means but this just isn’t true. Even forgetting about the deduction we finished 15th on 40 points, a figure that will always keep you up. And obviously without the deduction it’s a very comfortable, if not particularly enjoyable, season. Avoiding relegation was never down to how bad the bottom three was.

The issue with Dyche is he seems to have actively made us worse this season when we should be kicking on which to me suggests he’s simply past his shelf life. Doesn’t mean we need to rewrite history about the previous seasons, where he’s done by and large a decent job. Thanks for that Sean, but it’s time for a change.

7 wins ( one a cup win ) since last December tells me the position we ended up is far more to do with other teams being absolutely rubbish no matter how comfortable we might feel.

Again
We won't have that luxury this season.

Jep, it was the best season to go through a endless winning-run, injury crisis or points deductions for any team. Not for us mostly, but even more for Brentford or Forest.

I still think things will improve and we'll eventually get our act together... but bloody 'ell he doesn't half make things unnecessarily difficult for himself.

He'll 100% be gone this season either way.

That young-Beto sub was a two fingers to every single evertonian, as mind boggling a sub as i have ever seen.
The question for me is, could anyone with a football background do a worse job than Dyche is doing right now. I don't think so. I honestly think he's lost the players in so many ways. And as for a connection with the club and the fans, there's never been one. Get rid, and I honestly don't care who replaces him. It just can't get any worse.

Ahhh I am chuckling here, people messaging you to kick your head in hahahahahahahahaahahha
I think its embarrassing me. People talking about kicking people in the face and offering each other out on a football forum? Thats okay is it? Itll all be funny until two nutters disagree on here DM each other and someone gets seriously hurt.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back