2024/25 Sean Dyche

….he demonstrated last season that he was the best option.

A squad of poor quality, absent owners, no Board, points deductions and yet he still comfortably avoided relegation. That demonstrates to me he’s the best option.
Last season you needed 27 points to stay up even with a point deduction I’d expect any manager to get that with a PL squad, you need more then that this year that’s for sure

Last season you needed 27 points to stay up even with a point deduction I’d expect any manager to get that with a PL squad, you need more then that this year that’s for sure

Last season we earned 48 points on the pitch.

That keeps you up any season.

In fact, we finished 8th with 48 points once.

22 points clear is some progress from relying on the final home game of the season to stay up for successive seasons.

I'd take that now in a heart beat.

I'm seriously beginning to think that the only way out of this nightmare is relegation and administration. I know that the repercussions would be huge, but we need a fresh start.

22 points clear is some progress from relying on the final home game of the season to stay up for successive seasons.

Does it not alarm you that we’ve gone from 48 points to suddenly praying and hoping we can scrape 17th, seemingly overnight? I don’t think the manager is comfortable being in mid table and would rather the expectations be that we’re in a dogfight again, so he has set these expectations himself. Problem is the players now believe they aren’t good enough and that last season was a fluke.

There's absolutely no indication that Dyche can reproduce that this season.

Why didn’t you confront that fella and say something? Or counter act it by cheering Young on, or starting some chants going to get a positive atmosphere going? Is it because you’re a little internet goblin who’s too much of a coward to say what you think to people in real life but will gob off on here all day long and play the superfan?

Did you respond to @Nymzee ‘s DM too btw?

I offered you to meet me months ago son after you threatened me with violence, and you backed out. iirc, you also ducked BullensRoad who offered you to a dual a few months ago. You're the biggest coward on here my friend. Now I know your identity, its not surprising, you couldn't knock a wank out.

C'mon gents, no need for this.

Pack it in or I'll get @chicoazul to wing you both out.

He's about 7ft, built as high and wide as Jake OBrien and offered to take on 30+ Wolves fans at once. They backed down.

Does it not alarm you that we’ve gone from 48 points to suddenly praying and hoping we can scrape 17th, seemingly overnight? I don’t think the manager is comfortable being in mid table and would rather the expectations be that we’re in a dogfight again, so he has set these expectations himself. Problem is the players now believe they aren’t good enough and that last season was a fluke.

We had 1 point after 5 games last season.

Interestingly, some of the same people who are banging on about possession want Dyche to be replaced by Moyes, whose West Ham side were only slightly better over the course of the season in terms of average possession.

It's almost as if football isn't as black and white as just looking at one stat.
yea of course it is more than one stat. We usually have less possession, around 35%. It is telling when you have 24% possession at home against a promoted side though.
I don't want Moyes to replace him btw and I think most people don't either.

We were one of the best in the league at defending last season.

We've played 4 league games. 2 against of those against Spurs and Villa away. Even Brighton - never an easy game when you have Keane and Young in defence.

Beto was crap last night. We did need to change it but had no other striker so he's thought push NDiaye up who has played upfront before. Don't think it was that outrageous of a decision myself. The bench had nothing on it.
We had a decent form against Brighton in recent seasons, should of beaten them twice last year

In some respect I truly think the deductions actually saved us from relegation. They somehow seemed to react to the injustice and become a team.

Mate?

I've bored the tits off everyone on here all summer saying I'd take 17th before a ball was kicked.

We're crap.

I think fans massively overrate this team, and put too much emphasis on one or two indivduals - Keane and Dyche. Take both out of the equation, and we're still relegation fodder - again, 19th going into February without either them two.

We've not invested in the team that survived relegation on the final Goodison fixture of the season for 2 seasons on the spin.

What changed?

Signing Ndiaye/Lindstrom? :lol:

Not sure mate, as I've said on here I expected us <3 points coming to Leicester because I expected Spurs, Villa and Brighton to beat us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back