2024/25 Sean Dyche

We were one of the best in the league at defending last season.

We've played 4 league games. 2 against of those against Spurs and Villa away. Even Brighton - never an easy game when you have Keane and Young in defence.

Beto was crap last night. We did need to change it but had no other striker so he's thought push NDiaye up who has played upfront before. Don't think it was that outrageous of a decision myself. The bench had nothing on it.
It was when for like 20 minutes Ndiaye didn't see the ball at all just like every other striker in our team. Putting your most influential player in a position who sees the least time on the ball is quite stupid, especially when he's now against two big cbs and being out muscled everytime.

There was a fella sat not far from myself screaming abuse at Young coming on mate.

Young does not pick himself and is only at the club due to our dire finances.

These minority of fans should be ashamed of themselves. Plenty of fans who can't get a ticket who would be creating a positive atmosphere during the match. The club should start confiscating tickets from the worst offenders.
This is the bit I don’t get, and I am guilty of it too. It’s the manager that picks Keane and Young and if they are not good enough then blame him and not them. No player on that team sets out to make mistakes.

Why would you keep him? He a defensive manager who can’t defend, there goal was a free header in the 6 yard box an 3 of them where unmarked, they should of had a stone wall pen in the last minute by Young who made up for it in pens. Why take off A striker for a RB then put a number 10 up front
Maybe because the striker was garbage and ndiaye couldnt be any worse?

There was a fella sat not far from myself screaming abuse at Young coming on mate.

Young does not pick himself and is only at the club due to our dire finances.

These minority of fans should be ashamed of themselves. Plenty of fans who can't get a ticket who would be creating a positive atmosphere during the match. The club should start confiscating tickets from the worst offenders.

Why didn’t you confront that fella and say something? Or counter act it by cheering Young on, or starting some chants going to get a positive atmosphere going? Is it because you’re a little internet goblin who’s too much of a coward to say what you think to people in real life but will gob off on here all day long and play the superfan?

Did you respond to @Nymzee ‘s DM too btw?

We were one of the best in the league at defending last season.

We've played 4 league games. 2 against of those against Spurs and Villa away. Even Brighton - never an easy game when you have Keane and Young in defence.

Beto was crap last night. We did need to change it but had no other striker so he's thought push NDiaye up who has played upfront before. Don't think it was that outrageous of a decision myself. The bench had nothing on it.

You were bigging Keane up not too long back mert.

I didn't have a problem with the team selection last night. I was glad to see Virginia, Dixon, O Brien, Mangala, Lindstrom, Ndiaye and even Beto get on the pitch.

I thought the substitutions made sense as well.

I believe however that group of players were good enough to have more than 26% over the game. I thought we didn't press enough, made no attempt to retain control of the ball , to pass around the opposition and eventually paid the price of letting a mediocre team dictate the game.

Unfortunately, even if we had all our first choice players available I don't think it would have been much better.

Often when managers are under the cosh they do stupid things. I remember walter Smith's team at Middlesborough
where we were embarrassed. Also. the Martinez team at Soton. Well, last night taking off Beto and putting Ndaye at 9 was such a
stupidity. It was the cry of a man on the brink.

If we get hammered at LCFC - and we could - he has to go. The team has regressed big time and watching EFC is painful and surely bad for
one's neurons and mental well-being. The manner in which the team plays is predictable and so is the result. Why does Sean Dyche think that either Keane
or Calamity Young are the solution? Its King George 111 madness.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back