2024/25 Sean Dyche

This is very much at odds with what @GrandOldTeam is saying, where we should see 17th as an achievement because we’re one of the worst 3 teams in the league.

I’m struggling with the Dyche fans here tbh, I’m getting mixed messages. What is a reasonable expectation for this season? Personally I don’t think it’s unfair to expect 12th because that’s where we finished last season without deductions, and we haven’t weakened the squad over the summer.

Behave. Clearly not saying that.

I'm saying i'd take it, because - like the bookies - I think relegation is a very real danger.

I think all that matters is staying up and getting to Bramley Moore with new owners as a PL team.

We had a poor transfer window, another window in which we didn't invest and it'll show.

No depth, and we're seeing the reality of that.

A lack of ability in the final third has dictated relegation scrap for years. We've sold Onana (doing pretty well at Villa eh?!) and gambled on NDiaye and Lindstrom. I don't think they're enough to take a team thats been starring at relegation for 3 years, to anywhere but the same position,

If you stand still in the Premier League you are going backwards.

This is in a season were it took 27 points to stay up, so naturally the sides on that extra step above are going to accumulate more points.

He did well in 2 periods last season (which may happen again in this run of games coming up), but he is never looking to evolve. Himself and Ian Woan constantly go on about what they did at Burnley and how it worked at Burnley, almost 6/7 years ago.

Moyes over his 10 years at the club evolved as a manager and as a coach.

Probably go backwards at greater pace mate if you're the only team not spending money for 3 seasons too.

So the entire hope is that Dyche continues managing the way he has for the last 10 years and you "hopefully" have sporadic periods of picking up results.

Our entire season rests on the possibility he may be able to string a 3-5 wins together on 3 separate occasions.

he tried this at Burnley, it caught up with him twice when those winning runs happened to be draws.

Or Brantford's or Palace, or Wolves or Bournemouths

People seem to forget we have Englands number one goalkeeper, Tarkowski & Branthwaite etc etc

I see us on a level with Forest's squad, Bournemouth, Palace and Fulham. Cannot really classify Wolves and Brentford this season.

But surely apart from Wolves all clubs did improve their squad.

Excuses flying everywhere, love to see it.
Standards are so low because some people have bought into the nonsense he spouts and think he's a miracle worker for getting us to 48 points with a £100m cb. Without Branthwaite, he would’ve been sacked long ago.

His comment, "I was pleased with the team's performance from the off," just shows his lack of insight, he's a Neanderthal fraud who's really not that arsed about the club or the supporters, For a manager with such a low win percentage, he certainly oozes arrogance.

So the squad of mostly relegated players we’ve signed should be higher up, up the league, make it make sense!!
Yeah - Pickford was relegated too, and he's been England's #1 for years. Make it make sense!!!!!!

Almost as if somehow 1 players hasn't relegated a team by himself or something.

Anyway, good to see the goalposts are constantly evolving as to how crap we can be based on nothing at all and belief he'll do better somehow despite doing the same thing he's done for his entire management career. Glad to see we're now involving net spend back into it :lol: Never forget the player that pretty much forced the entirety of the net spend is someone who most of you thought is crap and useless and won't be missed, only to go on and be a good player in a proper football team with an actual manager.

But we hadn't conceded a shed load of goals, and apparently our xg was sky high. This season there's an alarming drop in level of performance, particularly defensively. And before people start going on about Branthwaite, he could be gone in January.
23/24 first 4 games were Fulham (H), Villa (A), Wolves (H) and Sheffield United (A). Scored 2 and conceded 8. xG was ~8, xGA was ~8. xP was ~6.

24/25 first 4 games were Brighton (H), Spurs (A), Bournemouth (H) and Villa (A). Scored 4 and conceded 13. xG is ~4.5, xGA is ~10.5 and xP is ~2.

I would argue that the first 4 this season are tougher than the first 4 last season.

I do think though as you say, we looked better last season in those first few games, particularly against Fulham and Wolves.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back