2024/25 Sean Dyche

No surprise that those wanting us to be relegated under Dyche are the same sellouts that wanted us relegated under the Fat Kopite

Such a shame that they can walk amongst us
I think you are confused.

We don't 'want us to be relegated' under Dyche.

We want the club to sack him so that the distinct possibility of relegation is extinguished because that is what might happen if he stays.

There is a difference.

Ask yourself this, if he was to go, is it possible that we hire a manager that performs worse than Dyche across a 38 game season?

Bearing in mind, at the end of last season (and even in the early parts of this season) most of Dyche biggest critics would have acknowledged he deserved credit for our league finish.

So, what we're now saying is that that conclusion was so fragile, so flaky and brittle that it's taken a mere 5 games into the new season for some to conclude he must go.

Dyche deserves criticism and his style of play is uninspiring but I'd rather stick with him a while longer, perhaps until the takeover is complete, than twist right now and things get even worse.
I have been saying he should go for more than 12 months now.

You can't honestly think we have a worse squad than any of the 3 promoted squads? I find it shocking that anyone could think that.

Yes those sides will come into the season with more momentum than us. But we certainly have better players than all 3 that surely can't be disputed

I don't think there's much in it but we have no pace and our midfield is non existent.

We have players like Branthwaite, Pickford and N'Diaye that can be difference makers, but beyond that we're a pretty poor squad.

I don't think there's much in it but we have no pace and our midfield is non existent.

We have players like Branthwaite, Pickford and N'Diaye that can be difference makers, but beyond that we're a pretty poor squad.

No pace? I wouldn't want to take on Lindstrom and ndiaye in a race.

And what about our midfield who totally dominated 60 mins or so against winks and ndidi before Dyche ruined the team. I suppose you would prefer the Leicester midfield? Come on lad

Ask yourself this, if he was to go, is it possible that we hire a manager that performs worse than Dyche across a 38 game season?

Bearing in mind, at the end of last season (and even in the early parts of this season) most of Dyche biggest critics would have acknowledged he deserved credit for our league finish.

So, what we're now saying is that that conclusion was so fragile, so flaky and brittle that it's taken a mere 5 games into the new season for some to conclude he must go.

Dyche deserves criticism and his style of play is uninspiring but I'd rather stick with him a while longer, perhaps until the takeover is complete, than twist right now and things get even worse.
I do ask myself that question, indeed given our record of picking managers we might get someone who preforms worse. I am one of those who recognises that Sean Dyche did accumulate 48 points last season, indeed if you look at his Premier League record he has finished in the top half twice, albeit that one of those times it was tenth. He has also contributed to two relegations, he isn’t a guarantee against relegation.
The fear of getting someone worse should never be the reason to keep him as manager, if that is the case then we would never improve. Sean Dyche’s record is one of a manager who struggles to accumulate points and eventually this catches up with him and his team goes down, I fear that if he is allowed to stay this may well be that year for us.

No pace? I wouldn't want to take on Lindstrom and ndiaye in a race.

And what about the midfield who totally dominated 60 mins or so against winks and ndidi I suppose you would prefer them? Come on lad

I wouldn't want to take on Ashley Young in a race but that probably says more about me.

By the exact same logic, what about Ugochukwu, Fernandes and Aribo who passed us off the pitch for Southampton in midweek?

Off topic, but yes, Ndidi and Winks improve us. We don't have a squad that is significantly underperforming. We have got gradually worse in terms of personnel over the last 4 years and all of those teams stayed up by the skin of their teeth, too.

I wouldn't want to take on Ashley Young in a race but that probably says more about me.

By the exact same logic, what about Ugochukwu, Fernandes and Aribo who passed us off the pitch for Southampton in midweek?

Off topic, but yes, Ndidi and Winks improve us. We don't have a squad that is significantly underperforming. We have got gradually worse in terms of personnel over the last 4 years and all of those teams stayed up by the skin of their teeth, too.

Midweek was not our first eleven. I think we will not be agreeing on this one. But I think your completely wrong about the team. Yes the full backs is a problem area but our best 11 for me is somewhere around 12/13th best eleven in the league. Even the squad is around 15/16th for me.

The only doubt so far this season with Dyche for me is that he looks to be trying a hybrid style that might need a lot of time to bed in: mixing set pieces and open play and shoehorning in players into the team that can manage to switch between styles.

That might be getting too cute at this stage. It may have contributed to our inability to stay disciplined and defend leads.

But overall I'm backing Dyche to get his method sorted out before the autumn ends and we can get more points on the board.
He will be gone as soon as new owners come in and rightly so

I take note of ALL data. For that reason I see Dyche as the one who keeps us free from relegation given his record so far. I also remember the turmoil we were in before he arrived with a revolving managerial door that brought instability.

In short, I'm in favour of:

1/ not getting relegated

2/ stability.

When you and others are still pissing your kecks about us not losing yesterday, frustrating your plans of installing a new manager (pie in the 'kin sky btw, because he won't be getting sacked and paid up anytime soon with 9 months left on his contract), I see that as a positive sign that we're getting more focused and picking up the points we should have secured thus far this season. (We made a similar bad start last season and ended up winning 48 points.)

The more you and your fellow manager haters are whining the better it'll be for the rest of us, because it'll mean we're picking up points we've picked up One point - out of 15
Fixed that for you mert

Edit; Though I can see the need for 'stability', just as long as its effective stability. Not stabilising the shiz out of us right into The Championship.
The Titanic is right now very stable...sat at the bottom of the Atlantic so there's stability and then there's stability

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back