2024/25 Sean Dyche

It's not about ambition, it's looking at what we have compared with what everyone else has and I see one of the three worst squads in the league. You disagree, which is fine and what this place is all about. What has "Everton Football Club" got to do with winning Football matches? It means nothing (and, evidently, hasn't meant anything to those in charge for some time).

It's 11 mediocre Footballers from all 4 corners of the globe, with no real affiliation to the club or the fans, wearing blue shirts for 90 minutes. That's what I see currently. At full time, I don't see any of them broken in the way many blues are. Their weekends are seldom ruined. It never used to be like that.
So 11 footballers from around the world, with no affiliation for the club they play for,
So just like the other 19 prem clubs then

No.

Richarlison had a connection with the club, didn’t he? Other clubs have theirs, too.

We have nobody like that. Seamus is about it, and even he gets stick.
So you don’t think Englands number 1 has an affiliation to us? Considering he could have left to join a champions league team at any time, but has stayed nearly 8yrs. What about gana, who came back after psg and used to watch our game with messi and Mbappe. DCL hasn’t signed a new deal, but I’m sure Everton means a lot to him as again he’s been here 8 yrs.

As per you’re are talking nonsense

We made very poor start, so to expect 7/8/9 points or so from the following 3 games is unrealistic.

I think we'll get more, but Ild accept 3 or 4 from 9 available.

How is that a piss take?

I always backed you when it came to Martinez mate, but what you find acceptable is too much of a low bar for me, I mean 5 wins from the last 31 games in all comps is atrocious.

I hope to hell he keeps us up but at the end of the season he is volleyed out the door.

Job of work and focus has to be on the next 9 games, its a season defining run in my opinion, im disappointed we didn't win yesterday - for the reasons ive already said.

What matters now is backing the team over the next 9, its going to be a shaping period for the season.

Going to leave all circular squabbling in this thread, people are just sucking the lives out of themselves and im going to enjoy the games ahead.

Did he use the word “ excite”?

I mean sure , I’m sure millions of villa , Bournemouth and neutral footy fans found our games exciting … but I can assure you that we don’t

See i find comments like this interesting, on one hand you have comments like this, on the other you have lads in the Lindstrom and Ndiaye threads talking about good it is to have exciting players and how refreshing it is.

"We" i suppose is a subjective concept, clearly there is a spectrum across the fanbase - but every one always think they comment behind the authority of "we", when actually opinion is far more diverse.

Dont think one prevailing perspective or opinion represents all the fan base at all.

Last edited:

I always backed you when it came to Martinez mate, but what you find acceptable is too much of a low bar for me, I mean 5 wins from the last 31 games in all comps is atrocious.

I hope to hell he keeps us up but at the end of the season he is volleyed out the door.
It's acceptable for this edition of Everton.

Survival each season is acceptable. Of course it is. Do we want to go into that new stadium in the Championship?

We need new owners with deep pockets before we think in any more ambitious terms.

Fixed that for you mert

Edit; Though I can see the need for 'stability', just as long as its effective stability. Not stabilising the shiz out of us right into The Championship.
The Titanic is right now very stable...sat at the bottom of the Atlantic so there's stability and then there's stability

I merely look at the totality of Dyche's time here, not the first 5 games of this season.

From that I see a managaer who has the dressing room united and who's kept us up twice when we really were as good as relegation candidates as those teams that actually were relegated.

And to forget the way he stabilised this club last season with the PL determined to relegate us with 2 points deductions - not to mention the whole business of having doubt and uncertainty about the club all season long - is criminal. Dyche handled last season perfectly. He should be given a lot more credit than he has been given, because that process would have broken most managers and their teams.

He will be gone as soon as new owners come in and rightly so
Yes, he no doubt will. But let's hope any new manager has the financial backing of those new owners and they sign a lot more quality players than we have right now or we'll be facing uncertainty all over again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back