2024/25 Sean Dyche

It's not good to hear. But at the end of the day he's guided us through another two relegation threatened seasons and his methodology just about works. Ild rather stick with that scenario than take a chance on another manager who may or may not do better.
Seriously this is the problem with a lot of Everton fans, they think he's are ceiling.

Any fan that permits a humiliation by three goals on the opening day at Goodison like that is the reason why we’re in this mess. No Everton Manager should survive that or we’re finally not NSNO anymore.
To be fair it’s easier to bear if you realise that the real Everton departed unnoticed many years ago and has since been replaced by a lesser entity which would be more at home in the lower leagues.
NSNO indeed 😃

Everton are part of the PL .
The PL is a league of which we are part not a hostile entity.
The object of partaking in a league is to attempt to be the best performing member , not to attack it since you are essentially ‘sticking it’ to yourself.
We were punished for breaching rules we agreed to and helped formulate.

Safe to say we'd have different takes on that mate.

They gave up when we put 5 past them on their own ground. One performance does not extrapolate out to the entire club though. We played badly yesterday no one is denying that. Brighton will have their days this season when they take an absolute battering, after about 20 mins I thought they were one of the worst PL teams of ever seen at Goodison and some teams will be on a good day against them when they’re on a bad day and they’ll be getting punted all over the shop, Every club not called Manchester City or Arsenal are going to have days like this. It’s not indicative of anything, the season is long, players change, lineups change, form comes and goes. This is the reality of mid to lower mid table football.
Like with de zerbi trying to play like man city out of defence with players nowhere as good it's a recipe for a few beatings during the season and will end up around the same points as last season

Keane had a good preseason but Everton had a shocking preseason so work that one out if you can. Zero valid excuse for starting him yesterday other than him being his mate and jobs for the boys. Not sure i can last another full season of this dinosaurs baffling selections, tactics and waffle. Already cant be assed watching the next game of playing his mates and trying to win a draw.

Was talking to my brother at half time yesterday, said to him we had to get Ndiaye on for Doucoure at half time, switch McNeil with Harrison and get on Lindstrom, soon as second half started saud he wouldn't make a change before the hour mark or we went 2-0 down.

At 2 nil down said we needed to go to a back 3 get Lindstrom and O'Neal on for McNeil and Young,

Again knew we wouldn't make another change until 80...

There's a very good reason we have never once won a game under Dyche were we fell behind in, not one, because tactically he's a one trick pony whose more concerned with not appearing to make a change that costs us rather than keep it how it is when it's clearly not working.

Every bit as bad if not worse than the inflexibility to change that was Martinez downfall.

Hopefully no new contract means he's gone at a minimum by the seasons end, what we saw yesterday was every bit as bad if not worse than the hammering at villa or at Chelsea last season as at least they were to good sides away from home.

Brighton were absolutely there for the taking yesterday and ran out being made to look like prime Barca.

The tipping point for me came after Young got sent off, bringing on holgate after somehow thinking McNeil is a right back - rather than even attempt to switch around and say get O'Neal, Lindstrom on and go to a 3-4-2 was pathetic, it was a manager settling for a 2-3 nil home loss to Brighton with 25 minutes left, unacceptable.
Agree he is painfully stubborn and infliexible even when its not working he sticks with it until the game has gone. His favourites play every minute usually if they do come off its so late that the subs can have little impact. I struggle to think of any player who isn't a defender (and lets face it the whole team is set up to defend which helps)he has improved too.

It's not good to hear. But at the end of the day he's guided us through another two relegation threatened seasons and his methodology just about works. Ild rather stick with that scenario than take a chance on another manager who may or may not do better.

We did they with Moyes mate, eventually every manager will reach his plateau.

Peak Moyes is a light year ahead of Dyche imo and I never liked bloody Moyes either.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back