2024/25 Sean Dyche

I completely agree. And most people know deep down that structural changes are dictating who we employ as manager and how we play, tbf.

But the fanbase is so volatile. Ok, the performance wasn't great - especially second half - but calling for major changes after a first game loss is outrageous.
Definitely not advocating major changes but everyone constantly blaming the players and not focusing at his glaring flaws is tiresome now.

hmmm judging from his post match interview i'm not sure he does.

absolutely lost the plot all day yesterday.

people can keep saying we stayed up because of dyche, but we stayed up because teams below us have been diabolical.

he done OK last season, and he did have a lot to contend with, but our squad was far better than the 3x teams who went down, so he should be keeping us up anyway.

i cannot watch another season of football like that home though

at home should he bread and butter more so its goodison!

and we are a joke at home

Hasn’t identified that we need pace in the team.
Predictable tactics and team selection.
Literally the only idea he could come up with was to hoof the ball out to Harrison on the right, who has no pace and relies on his left foot.
An abysmal manager at this level.

ha ha i know a week today we will be all discussing how boss it is being 6 adrift at the bottom
And another game of one effort on target. This manager has had the same game plan for several years having brought it here from Burnley.

This prehistoric anti football was found out by opposition managers years ago. We are too easy to set up against.

Yes it is day 1 of this season. But it's not just 1 game in the grand scheme of things. It's far too simplistic to just say this is a one off when it's absolutely not.

We know exactly we will get when that 11 is selected and those tactics are employed. It's exactly the same rubbish we got at the beginning of last season and we had to endure a dreadful start to the season before the manager learned his best side.

We got absolutely smashed by an average side who didn't even play that well. That's absolutely unacceptable at Goodison.

Few things to unpack there.

We didn’t win games at the start of last season because we couldn’t finish but the performances between Fulham, Wolves last season and Brighton this season was night and day so it’s not a replica of the same 11 or formation.

The 11 last season changed lots of times. Branthwaite came in, Onana and Garner rotated with Gueye. Harrison was in, then he was out with Garner on the wing, then he came back in. We went to the three at the back at times. Regardless of any of that though if everyone knew what we were going to get with these tactics (3-0 batterings) then we’d have got zero points rather than 48 because it’s not just about tactics it’s about execution of them also.

I’m not saying it’s a one off, I’m saying it can and will happen to most teams every season and it will probably happen to us again and at some point (like we did at Brighton) we’ll probably administer it to someone else on their ground and their fans can say how embarrassing it is that Everton battered them on their own patch. Bournemouth battered United at Old Trafford, it happens in the premier league when you play poorly, it can happen to anyone and it happened to pods of Everton teams in the past since I can remember watching them, it’s not a new invention so all this ‘ x should never batter us at Goodison park’ is just finally entitled nonsense. Anyone can beat anyone in the PL and indeed in any competition hence
giant killings in cups. Hercules with Reston Drenthe in the side went to prime Barcelona at the Nou Camp and won 2-0.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back