2024/25 Sean Dyche

Spot on.

At what point do you admit, that the team is complete free fall ?

Five defeats, six defeats, seven defeats and so on.

Like I`ve said many times before, a losing mentality, is just the same as a winning mentality, just in reverse.

With every defeat the confidence of the team gets chipped away bit bit by bit, to the point were they think they`re going to lose the moment they set foot on the pitch.

You can already see it in the players now, the lack of self belief, the way they respond when they go a goal down and even when the opposition equalise or just score a goal.

As it stands, this team don`t believe they can win a game and that is 100% on the manager and his prehistoric tactics.

As it stands at the moment, the likes of Neil Warnock could be doing Dyche`s job, for a fraction of his salary and getting the same results.
Fairly sure I can get this team to 0 wins too to be honest mate, and it'd be a lot cheaper.

Behave. Clearly not saying that.

I'm saying i'd take it, because - like the bookies - I think relegation is a very real danger.

I think all that matters is staying up and getting to Bramley Moore with new owners as a PL team.

We had a poor transfer window, another window in which we didn't invest and it'll show.

No depth, and we're seeing the reality of that.

A lack of ability in the final third has dictated relegation scrap for years. We've sold Onana (doing pretty well at Villa eh?!) and gambled on NDiaye and Lindstrom. I don't think they're enough to take a team thats been starring at relegation for 3 years, to anywhere but the same position,
Respectfully no. So tired of the 'we lost Onana' excuses. Onana barely featured under Dyche in the 2nd half of season, in fact he was dropped and team flourished and we got results so not having that.

Under a non dinosaur manager, he’s showing signs of a being an excellent player and of course, Sean Douche cashed in and used that pathetic excuse, crying ‘I lost him.

And to me, that's fine for this season. Except he's not doing that. We're wide open. We're not even leaking goals, it's a freaking flood. Asking him to play expansive football is not something that's going to happen. But we can defend for f's sake.

Hopefully he sees out his contract keeping us in the PL, there is a new ownership group by May and we move on. If someone gives them another contract, that's on them, not him.
Not for me.
I fully accept you can’t win the initiative in a many games.
But to never even gain parity that’s just amateurish, it also means you will always lose more than you win.
It’s a competitive sport we no longer want to compete in.
We deserve relegation for that alone.
No-one would miss us , let’s be honest.

Would you have said to swop Onana for NDiaye last season? I very much doubt it.

As for "the quality of the squad it absolutely should not be anywhere near one of the favourites to go down"

Why? It's been there for years now. Under 3 managers. What's changed? Ndiaye and Lindstrom? Is that enough? We've not invested in the team. There's a reason why the bookies have us amongst the favourites to go down before the season started.
The managers have changed
And those three are all poor managers!

Benitez was the one with past success but has shown a clear decline since his peak because he hasn't evolved. He did 'live in the area' though!

The most immediate rot started with him who brought nothing but negativity about the club, the squad and killed the creativity.

Lampard was helped over the line by the fans but did remind people of the stature of the club, despite being shown up as a poor manager when the dust settled

Dyche wants us to be Burnley but with a higher wage, and he is getting his way. The dust has settled on him now too and he's what he always was, a manager that just isn't good enough for a club like Everton.

I struggle to imagine beginning the new era at BMD playing Dycheball. Writing off some games, losing most games, zero ambition.
*shudders*

Not for me.
I fully accept you can’t win the initiative in a many games.
But to never even gain parity that’s just amateurish, it also means you will always lose more than you win.
It’s a competitive sport we no longer want to compete in.
We deserve relegation for that alone.
No-one would miss us , let’s be honest.

He loses more than he wins. That's his record. But typically there is SOME winning in there.

I understand the sentiment that on the whole, we don't want to play like this and as a club we should aim higher. But that ignores the non-football circumstances. Dyche manages the first team, he does not set the vision for the club. That should be the owner/chairman.

If we were not run like a dumpster fire for almost a decade (when we actually had money), the guy never would have been hired. He's here now, and he needs to keep us in the league, and then he can spend all the time he likes at Glastonbury or wherever.

Behave. Clearly not saying that.

I'm saying i'd take it, because - like the bookies - I think relegation is a very real danger.

I think all that matters is staying up and getting to Bramley Moore with new owners as a PL team.

We had a poor transfer window, another window in which we didn't invest and it'll show.

No depth, and we're seeing the reality of that.

A lack of ability in the final third has dictated relegation scrap for years. We've sold Onana (doing pretty well at Villa eh?!) and gambled on NDiaye and Lindstrom. I don't think they're enough to take a team thats been starring at relegation for 3 years, to anywhere but the same position,
How many of our players would get in the teams around us?
Pickford
Gana
Ndiaye
DCL
Big Tim
Tarkowski
Brantwaite
Myko

All of them would get in at least 7/8 teams around us.

The reason we are where we are is because the managers style and lack of tactics is making them look absolutely atrocious.

They are not coached into doing anything with the ball, they are not coached to have confidence, a second string Southampton team dominated us last night and that’s not the players. Can our players pass 5 yards can the create an angle to receive a pass yes they can, the problem is they’re not coached to do that!

Get rid of this fraud now

Spot on.

At what point do you admit, that the team is complete free fall ?

Five defeats, six defeats, seven defeats and so on.

Like I`ve said many times before, a losing mentality, is just the same as a winning mentality, just in reverse.

With every defeat the confidence of the team gets chipped away bit by bit, to the point were they think they`re going to lose the moment they set foot on the pitch.

You can already see it in the players now, the lack of self belief, the way they respond when they go a goal down and even when the opposition equalise or just score a goal.

As it stands, this team don`t believe they can win a game and that is 100% on the manager and his prehistoric tactics.

The likes of Neil Warnock could be doing Dyche`s job, for a fraction of his salary and getting the same results.
I’m being deadly serious when I say this, me and you could set out some tactics and style of football that give this Everton team more than 25% possession against Southampton.

He shouldn’t be a professional football manager at any level!

This 'poor team' argument form the Dyche fans just doesn't cut it for me.

The starting 11 and 3-4 subs are absolutely fine and should be finishing mid table. yes we are short in a few areas but most clubs are.

We have zero tactics, no strategy and no identity.

a better manager gets more form these players.
It's quite simple. He's inept at coaching players. The players have more chance of developing with Stevie Wonder coaching them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back