2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche has been the only person in that whole rotten edifice of club governance that's earned his wages over the last few years.

That you cant see that speaks more about your judgement than his ability to manage.
He earns £5m a year with bonus for keeping us up. That is towards the top end of the pay scale in the league. I would expect a lot more than 5 wins in this calendar year to say he’s earned it. The league has had some of the worst teams in Premier League history too

Not saying the others have earned theirs. He has probably earned about £2m a year which is what we should have offered a limited manager who couldn’t find a job. Not his fault that we pay him that much of course

Yeah and do they want to come to Everton right now not knowing who the new owner is going to be or the new DOF?

The end game is simple, Dyche’s contract is up end of season, we hopefully get taken over some point this season, and the new owner makes decisions on DOF and manager, we then have time to identify the candidate we need and they have a full pre season.

Unless Dyche is taking us down (which no one can say after 5 games) then it’s just costing the club severance money and compensation for a manager who is probably not even our first choice, or an interim manager, or an unemployed manager, all of which the new owner might end up getting rid of anyway.

Apart from a fat salary, and PL football, we have zero proposition currently for any in demand manager. They can get both of those things at another club which has their ownership set, doesn’t have to sell to buy, and can actually give their managers a positive transfer budget.
The fat salary and the Premier League is all most managers from abroad will care about. They will back their own ability to use us as a stepping stone as many players do

Yeah and do they want to come to Everton right now not knowing who the new owner is going to be or the new DOF?

The end game is simple, Dyche’s contract is up end of season, we hopefully get taken over some point this season, and the new owner makes decisions on DOF and manager, we then have time to identify the candidate we need and they have a full pre season.

Unless Dyche is taking us down (which no one can say after 5 games) then it’s just costing the club severance money and compensation for a manager who is probably not even our first choice, or an interim manager, or an unemployed manager, all of which the new owner might end up getting rid of anyway.

Apart from a fat salary, and PL football, we have zero proposition currently for any in demand manager. They can get both of those things at another club which has their ownership set, doesn’t have to sell to buy, and can actually give their managers a positive transfer budget.
I love the assumption that nobody even half decent wants to come and manage us. I’d rather have Moyes or Potter right now, and yeah they aren’t who I want long term but it’s better than this. I don’t think Dyche has a clue, his substitutions show it and he does not know how to close out a game. He harps on about how good a job he’s done trying to convince every fan that it’s an almost impossible task. Absolute bs, this squads better than he getting out of it. I use to support the fella, not anymore, he’s a dinosaur and he’s going to take us with them into extinction.

Ask yourself this, if he was to go, is it possible that we hire a manager that performs worse than Dyche across a 38 game season?

Bearing in mind, at the end of last season (and even in the early parts of this season) most of Dyche biggest critics would have acknowledged he deserved credit for our league finish.

So, what we're now saying is that that conclusion was so fragile, so flaky and brittle that it's taken a mere 5 games into the new season for some to conclude he must go.

Dyche deserves criticism and his style of play is uninspiring but I'd rather stick with him a while longer, perhaps until the takeover is complete, than twist right now and things get even worse.
90% of all managers will do a better job, he’s a Dino, with a crap record, 2nd worse Everton manager ever, won 5 games since December, don’t beat Palace and that 5 wins in 10 months. Conceded 14 goals in 5 games
His in game management has cost us 7-9 points so far this season

I wouldn't want to take on Ashley Young in a race but that probably says more about me.

By the exact same logic, what about Ugochukwu, Fernandes and Aribo who passed us off the pitch for Southampton in midweek?

Off topic, but yes, Ndidi and Winks improve us. We don't have a squad that is significantly underperforming. We have got gradually worse in terms of personnel over the last 4 years and all of those teams stayed up by the skin of their teeth, too.
Love it when non Evertonians pretend to be Evertonian

...much more than 4 losses in a row...which we stopped yesterday anyway.

My prediction is that this settles down in the next few weeks as we pile points on and everyone realises that Dyche is here to see out his current contract...at the very least.
So basically - no worries mate, a couple of wins and the jobs a goodun?
We're H, H...international break...A, H, A, A. all in theory not beyond our scope to get a point or 3

But let's just take them 1 game at a time and see how we 'Pile points on'
Oi, you, Dyche - Stop pissing in my pocket and get me another 9pts from 6 games, then I might be (re) convinced

Dyche is a realist. Some on here just can’t handle the truth.

Apparently squad quality, injuries, board disruption, PS&R, selling you better players, ownership uncertainty, points deductions are not challenges that affect performance on the pitch when your name is Sean Dyche.
Total diarrhoea of a post. Some people just flat out think he’s crap and don’t accept the nonsense excuses, you just cant seem to handle it for some weird reason.

Stone “Illy and Jesper are causing Leicester loads of problems boss”
Dyche “Looks like they are tired to me, it’s a hard league, they haven’t got the experience… (looks over his shoulder) Youngy?! Get warmed up son”
Woan “Youngy’s already playing Sean”
Dyche “Jack? Jack Harrison?! Get warmed up son”…
Dyche brain “ Hmm we might win this one… how can I mess this up hmmm”

I merely look at the totality of Dyche's time here, not the first 5 games of this season.

From that I see a managaer who has the dressing room united and who's kept us up twice when we really were as good as relegation candidates as those teams that actually were relegated.

And to forget the way he stabilised this club last season with the PL determined to relegate us with 2 points deductions - not to mention the whole business of having doubt and uncertainty about the club all season long - is criminal. Dyche handled last season perfectly. He should be given a lot more credit than he has been given, because that process would have broken most managers and their teams.
It’s his style of play Derek that’s why we are in relegation fights, it’s slightly improved this season with the new signing. There are literally thousands of managers who do a better job than him. He costing us point weekly

It’s his style of play Derek that’s why we are in relegation fights, it’s slightly improved this season with the new signing. There are literally thousands of managers who do a better job than him. He costing us point weekly
I think thousands might be stretching it a touch mate.:D

90% of all managers will do a better job, he’s a Dino, with a crap record, 2nd worse Everton manager ever, won 5 games since December, don’t beat Palace and that 5 wins in 10 months. Conceded 14 goals in 5 games
His in game management has cost us 7-9 points so far this season
He’s got 23 points out of his last 26 games - works out at 33 points over the course of a season. Awful

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back