Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
god imagine he gets a poster like martinez on the main stand, a big giant 50ft out of date cheesy wotsit staring down at us, reminding us of our mediocrity

I think this post does Dyche a disservice.But it still made me laugh.lol Sure he's a bit gruff.A bit old fashioned.He's not a man for those hipsters who eat smashed avocado for breakfast.But if you can get past his old traditional English, gruff sort of personality, then i think you can then see that he is a good manager.

Sean Dyche has proven himself to be a very capable manager at Burnley. My concern would be how he copes with bigger players and bigger expectations of the club/fan base. It could be risky, but so is Rhino, and I think he'll get a fair chance first.

Some daft comments in this thread, dismissing Dyche because of his voice or his haircut. These people would have dismissed Howard Kendall as well. We'd have probably ended up with someone 'fashionable' like Ron Atkinson. We're a good way behind the 4/5/6 teams we think we're supposed to challenge. Dyche would get us organised, hopefully get the best out of our current squad and get us closer - if he can't make the next step after that, then that's when we start looking into the 'Supermanager' market (Tuchel, Andelotti, et al) again.

Some daft comments in this thread, dismissing Dyche because of his voice or his haircut. These people would have dismissed Howard Kendall as well. We'd have probably ended up with someone 'fashionable' like Ron Atkinson. We're a good way behind the 4/5/6 teams we think we're supposed to challenge. Dyche would get us organised, hopefully get the best out of our current squad and get us closer - if he can't make the next step after that, then that's when we start looking into the 'Supermanager' market (Tuchel, Andelotti, et al) again.
Mate that paragraph smacks of mediocrity, if you want to be the best go for the best.
This is how united have found out recently ie Moyes/Mourinho

Well done for being the only Evertonian who doesn't think we are an utter mess !!!

its like you are deliberately trying not to understand. There is a world of a difference between being a mess for three seasons and then getting relegated....big club or not....and being an utter mess for 9 games at the start of a season after you have just finished 7th

we were already organised to a certain extent last season under the boss we just sacked and sitting just behind the top 6. starting off a season this badly doesnt warrant lowering our sights to just getting another stabilising manager. If we actually want to challenge the top 6 teams we shouldn't have hired Koeman and we shouldn't hire Dyche.

It seems nobody who wants him in can really state with any confidence that he could do more with us than get us organised and hard to beat......we need more than that or else we are just getting in another manager who wont last long.

The one positive of Dyche over Koeman is that with Koeman I felt certain he couldnt take us any higher up the table or win a trophy....with Dyche its more I doubt that he can but of course there is the possibility he has more in his locker than organising a parked bus of grocks. It'd be better to be sure he does first though.

Even as I type this I'm laughing and smh'ing ruefully, but I would go for Dyche over Ancellotti. To go for Ancelotti would be to completely ignore our standing at the moment, both symbolically and in reality.

It's all well and good accusing fans of accepting mediocrity by saying we couldn't get him (we couldn't), but there is nothing in his recent history as a manager that suggests he would have the ability or the hunger to get us out of this predicament. He takes wealthy, established teams, pre-packed with stars and keeps the cabinet filled with trophies.

We need a manager with the foresight and patience to develop a team, who has a few years' experience of guiding a club through a period of sustainable growth. We have loads of potential and a lot to offer any incoming managerial candidate, but it has to be tempered by the reality that we are well behind the elite in terms of resources and foundation.

We also need someone who would give an eff about this job. I can't see Carlo coming in and developing any sort of affection for us. Tuchel, while I'm told he's a very good manager, could very much end up as another Koeman based on what I'm reading. We can't risk a manager coming in and seeing our club as a placeholder until the Bayern job becomes available imo, that will rear its ugly head eventually as we know all too well.

So, while Dyche probably wouldn't be my preferred option, he's a lot closer to the profile of the man we want than the glamour candidates being touted. No idea why some scoff at the notion

In times of a crisis Ranieri would be suicidal
I wouldn't exactly say we are in a big crisis, we are only 9 games in, if we were half way through I'd be a lot more worried. If a half decent manager can get this lot playing half decent football they should quit. That just should have bad Koeman was at management.

I do love Ranieri as a person . Not sure that at his age he would still have the fire required .
Perhaps you could be right, but he's just one of the names being thrown about that I'd prefer. Personally at this moment in time I'm more comfortable with Unsworth in charge he knows the place and players very well, he can just step up with minimal fuss.

..I just don’t know, I really don’t. I suppose he’s built a team at Burnley and maintained their position.

If we get this appointment wrong we’ll be in real doo doo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back