Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we concede lots, don’t look like scoring and have zero confidence.

Don’t even have a permanent manager.

To me that’s not far from diabolical.

Not saying we are not, just questioning that this isn’t the route we should go down in the long term?

He's Chairman. And until the point when Moshiri buys additional shares he's just a major shareholder - he doesn't own the club. He's not even on the board.

Still has a huge say on the goings on at our club whether you like to admit it to yourself or not and until he’s gone this club can’t move forward and they’re some simple facts.

It will be very Moyes. Decent at times but turgid at others. I think everyone will give him a chance, our supporters will probably even grow to respect him a lot but you can't help but feel that glass ceiling is going up again.

I think we’re now seeing that what we thought was ‘decent at times’ under Moyes was actually a huge achievement given the incompetent board above him, and the financial circumstances he had to operate in. On a shoestring he took us into European places repeatedly and built a strong squad. His successors had far greater resources and have engineered relegation battles and left us with an awful squad. I hope Dyche is more Moyes than the other two were.

My Liverpool supporting colleague in work genuinely rates him, quote - 'I'd be gutted if you got Dyche'. The guy knows his footy.

Just can't see the appeal though personally.

I think we’re now seeing that what we thought was ‘decent at times’ under Moyes was actually a huge achievement given the incompetent board above him, and the financial circumstances he had to operate in. On a shoestring he took us into European places repeatedly and built a strong squad. His successors had far greater resources and have engineered relegation battles and left us with an awful squad. I hope Dyche is more Moyes than the other two were.

I appreciate everything Moyes did for us and wish we had the money to back him at the time. Sadly we never and as a consequence we couldn't make that final jump.

Who knows how Dyche will turn out (if he comes). At the very least let's hope for stability.

Looks like Unsworth has missed his chance. Dyche for me. Knows the league and what is required to grind out results. Plus he deserves
a chance at a bigger club having done a great job. He has done a first class job in the lower end of the transfer market and somehow I feel he could quickly stamp his mark.

Plus no sacred cows for him.

The only way you prove yourself as a manager is by getting an opportunity.

Unfortunately we are not an elite club with the success to be picking managers who are already successful and proven. We haven't done anything to be in that position in the past four years.

We are a club that should at this point be giving an opportunity to a manager with potential and who has proven he can mix it in the Premier League.

Not sure if Dyche is the right man here, too many possible pronunciations of his name... I mean what are we going to be screaming at the close of the Jan window?
D0uche as in ...bag?
Dice as in No ...
Dysh as in the dutch version of Dice
Dyke as in D1ck van ...
D1ck as in ...head
Ditch as in Last ... Effort to stay up
Daysh as in Oh my ..., bring back moonhead...
Dish as in fairy liquid?
Oh sod it, I'll just call him SEAN as in BEAN

I think this is a really important contribution. I am far from happy with the appointment of Dyche, will undoubtedly moan about it and would have preferred us to have gone Tuchel or even someone like Fonseca.

Lots of people are very praiseworthy of Silva (Who I like) yet is around Burnley in the league. Yes he had success abroad with a stronger team, but Dyche got Burnley promoted and finished high up in a league which he had a stronger team in. It's crass to say it's an exact comparison, but the Greek league to the championship is probably fairer than comparing it to the PL.

Dyche is by no means a "superstar on the sideline" and "nothing will be the same" but in lieu of fundamentally altering the board and bringing his mate from Arsenal along, that would be difficult to guarantee. I suspect those statements, not backed up by hard cash are the problem, not going back to basics a bit.

There was always theory that had Moyes been given cash at a particular moment we could have kicked on. There's no guarantee of this whatsoever, but who knows, maybe he could?

Dyche is a lot better than Allardyce, hopefully he can work under a DOF. You do sense had Dyche been here in the summer, we'd have added Wood, Brady and maybe Belfodil as opposed to Sigurdsson and been a lot better for it.

Being effective, backed up by some money gets you reasonably far in this league. We have lots of talented young players, which Allardyce would have wrecked. I am going to be keeping a close eye on how Dyche would use them (if he comes in). This team is probably due to peak in about 3 years, if we can bring them through and improve them together who knows.

Thats my positive take on it anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back