Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My negative take is Burnley play like yard dogs (effectively), he signs old british and irish players and organises them well. That is good, great in fact for the likes of Burnley but I want more.

Quite why our global searches for the best talent available always end up with us appointing someone with recent praise in the media for a good run I don't know.

But we are possibly the worst run club in the league post-Moyes just lurching from 1 extreme to the other. Oh bring in Roberto the school of science has re-opened. Oh we appear to have forgotten to do any fitness training in. Get a big name ex-player who will be respected by the players and fans. Oh he appears to have wasted £200m on players without any indication on how to play them and left massive gaps in the squad. Lets get someone who has done well on no money. Shut down the school of science, dogs of war time.

Pathetic.

We should be picking a style we want as a club. Recruiting players and bringing through youth players who suit that style. Choosing managers who coach that style and judging them by how well they are doing at playing our style.

Basic stuff.

As it is we will write off our great generation of young players because we'll be in a panic about relegation and need "experienced, PL proven" players who are battle hardened.

Such a waste.

I think this is a really important contribution. I am far from happy with the appointment of Dyche, will undoubtedly moan about it and would have preferred us to have gone Tuchel or even someone like Fonseca.

Lots of people are very praiseworthy of Silva (Who I like) yet is around Burnley in the league. Yes he had success abroad with a stronger team, but Dyche got Burnley promoted and finished high up in a league which he had a stronger team in. It's crass to say it's an exact comparison, but the Greek league to the championship is probably fairer than comparing it to the PL.

Dyche is by no means a "superstar on the sideline" and "nothing will be the same" but in lieu of fundamentally altering the board and bringing his mate from Arsenal along, that would be difficult to guarantee. I suspect those statements, not backed up by hard cash are the problem, not going back to basics a bit.

There was always theory that had Moyes been given cash at a particular moment we could have kicked on. There's no guarantee of this whatsoever, but who knows, maybe he could?

Dyche is a lot better than Allardyce, hopefully he can work under a DOF. You do sense had Dyche been here in the summer, we'd have added Wood, Brady and maybe Belfodil as opposed to Sigurdsson and been a lot better for it.

Being effective, backed up by some money gets you reasonably far in this league. We have lots of talented young players, which Allardyce would have wrecked. I am going to be keeping a close eye on how Dyche would use them (if he comes in). This team is probably due to peak in about 3 years, if we can bring them through and improve them together who knows.

Thats my positive take on it anyway!
I just see similarities between Moyes move to Utd and Dyche to us.. i hope not but I think the job maybe to big for him like the Utd job was for Moyes..
These guys are good at shopping in Poundland!

My negative take is Burnley play like yard dogs (effectively), he signs old british and irish players and organises them well. That is good, great in fact for the likes of Burnley but I want more.

Quite why our global searches for the best talent available always end up with us appointing someone with recent praise in the media for a good run I don't know.

But we are possibly the worst run club in the league post-Moyes just lurching from 1 extreme to the other. Oh bring in Roberto the school of science has re-opened. Oh we appear to have forgotten to do any fitness training in. Get a big name ex-player who will be respected by the players and fans. Oh he appears to have wasted £200m on players without any indication on how to play them and left massive gaps in the squad. Lets get someone who has done well on no money. Shut down the school of science, dogs of war time.

Pathetic.

We should be picking a style we want as a club. Recruiting players and bringing through youth players who suit that style. Choosing managers who coach that style and judging them by how well they are doing at playing our style.

Basic stuff.

As it is we will write off our great generation of young players because we'll be in a panic about relegation and need "experienced, PL proven" players who are battle hardened.

Such a waste.
Agreed mate.

We have 7 players in the England U21s plus other potentially excellent young players like Banningime, Vlasic, Sandro. Also players on loan like Walsh, Robinson (starting to shine at Bolton), Connolly, Williams (having brilliant season at Barnsley). Add to that other youngish players like Pickford, Keane, Barkley and Klaassen. 2 or 3 more experienced players alongside this lot and an exciting new manager like Tuchel and I see a bright future of dynamic, purposeful, great to watch football.

Employing somebody like Allardyce would be a huge backward step IMO.

Basically because we have become so scared of dropping out of the top league we have become cowards.
In the absence of any meaningful achievement in two generations we have come to regard our continued presence in the PL as our main raisin d' etre. As a club our ambitions have shrunk to mere survival today in the increasingly vain hope that something better will turn up tomorrow.
I wish we'd show some courage and appoint and back a quality manager who could take us to where we dream of being, even to the point of risking relegation in the belief we can come back stronger.
But we won't because we are Everton and we will go with safety first in the hope that something better will turn up tomorrow.
Sadly tomorrow never comes.

Many people see similarities between Fat Sam and Dyche, the only one I see is that they have made their managerial names at Lancashire clubs that begin with B.
When at Bolton Fat Sam's teams used aerial routes playing to the strengths of the likes of Nolan and Davies. Yes once upon a time he had a skilful artist like Okocha but that was an exception and midfielders must have had sore necks from watching the ball fly high past them.
Dyche, whilst also methodical, has his teams playing a more elegant form of football than Sam could dare imagine. I am not saying Dyche is School of Science but his teams more often than not are equal or greater than the sum of their parts, which is the total opposite of what we have at EFC currently.
I honestly don't know who will be the best man to take us forwards but the last manager we took from a smaller Lancashire club got us out of a horrendous pickle, I hope the impact could be similar now.

Pathetic.

Basic stuff.

Such a waste.

Do you not think Dyche uses the style of management and the players he has because it's the most effective way to get results in his situation?

Why do people assume, nonsensically, that managers don't adapt to the clubs and financial position they are placed in. Managers can and do change styles of play depending on the quality of players available. It's naive to think they'll manage in exactly the same way and use the same tactics just because that's what they've done at a club with different resources and ability to attract players.

Do you not think Dyche uses the style of management and the players he has because it's the most effective way to get results in his situation?

Why do people assume, nonsensically, that managers don't adapt to the clubs and financial position they are placed in. Managers can and do change styles of play depending on the quality of players available. It's naive to think they'll manage in exactly the same way and use the same tactics just because that's what they've done at a club with a different resources and ability to attract players.
Because you can only judge them on what they've done not on what they might do. If you can show evidence that Dyche can adapt and change his style of play I'm all ears.

Why do people assume, nonsensically, that managers don't adapt to the clubs and financial position they are placed in. Managers can and do change styles of play depending on the quality of players available. It's naive to think they'll manage in exactly the same way and use the same tactics just because that's what they've done at a club with different resources and ability to attract players.

Hallelujah! Couldn't of put it better myself!

So many arm chair managers who somehow seem to know the individual coaches first hand it seems!

Laughable.

This article https://statsbomb.com/2016/06/how-do-coaches-learn/ says coaches almost never change style.

Dyche has a very particular style of play, they defend really deep, are the lowest in the league for possession but the highest for aerial challenges.

Hallelujah! Couldn't of put it better myself!

So many arm chair managers who somehow seem to know the individual coaches first hand it seems!

Laughable.

Name one coach who has changed style?

The best manager I can think of is Alex Ferguson but that was achieved by changing first team coaches over time.

Because you can only judge them on what they've done not on what they might do. If you can show evidence that Dyche can adapt and change his style of play I'm all ears.

When a manager gets good results with limited resources it's not an unreasonable assumption that they're doing something right and a decent chance they can transfer those positive results on to a bigger stage.

Tuchel, who a lot of people are calling for has won the equivalent of the FA cup (Martinez) with a 'good' team and resources, is known for playing players out of position (Koeman), falling out with people (Koeman) and doing nothing with a decent team in the champions league.

People pigeon hole Dyche negatively because he's British while ignoring downsides to foreign managers who are just as much of a risk.

Who is the best appointment?

I don't know, but I know when people have biased perceptions of managers.

The laziest club in the world.

Moshiri is just another Kenwright front, conveniently concocted when the arse fell out of Green/Earl.

Note how many times Dyche will praise 'the chairman' during his unveiling. Every single person connected with the club does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back