Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley second in Championship behind Leicester 2013/14
Played 46 Won 26 Drawn 15 Lost 5 Goals for 72 Goals against 37 Goal difference +35 Points 93
Danny Ings 21 goals, Sam Vokes 20 goals

Burnley First Championship 2015/16
Played 46 Won 26 Drawn 15 Lost 5 Goals for 72 Goals against 35 Goal difference +37 Points 93
Andre Gray 23 goals, Sam Vokes 15 goals

Seems adaptable.

Some great points made.

You think you'd acknowledge how wrong you were given what has happened since. I always said Moyes was worth 10 points a season to us over his peers. And I was correct.

Moyes had us finish a season in 17th position. The worst finish since we narrowly avoided relegation under HKIII.

And even with that "10 points a season" premium you suggest he gave us, he could still only manage on average about 57 points.

He was a solid but dire type of manager - the type that you now condemn apparently, because that's exactly what Dyche is.

Your on the horns of a dilemma here. Best not to struggle anymore with this.

Basically sent Sunderland down with that points tally.
A mate of mine still bangs the drum for Moyes, almost as a safety blanket to throw over the club when things are grim.

While I think that he effectively performed a financial miracle at Everton, all evidence suggests that the manager who kept his team afloat through sheer force of will simply does not exist anymore.

Clearly we learned nothing from either Kendall II or III.

Basically because we have become so scared of dropping out of the top league we have become cowards.
In the absence of any meaningful achievement in two generations we have come to regard our continued presence in the PL as our main raisin d' etre. As a club our ambitions have shrunk to mere survival today in the increasingly vain hope that something better will turn up tomorrow.
I wish we'd show some courage and appoint and back a quality manager who could take us to where we dream of being, even to the point of risking relegation in the belief we can come back stronger.
But we won't because we are Everton and we will go with safety first in the hope that something better will turn up tomorrow.
Sadly tomorrow never comes.
Are you talking about the club or the fans mate? This post could be applied to both IMO.

I believe we are not too far away from a breakthrough. I really do. It's just about finding the right manager and blend of players to play a style of purposeful winning football that's good to watch too. But too many of our fan base are now going into defensive mode and calling for managers like Allardyce to save our season. I think we should still be progressive and looking forward, otherwise we risk losing this potentially special group of young players we have. If that means flirting with relegation in the short term then I think we need t take that risk.

The problem we have is attracting the right manager given where we are at the moment. Though I would have thought £6m a year might help with that.

Burnley second in Championship behind Leicester 2013/14
Played 46 Won 26 Drawn 15 Lost 5 Goals for 72 Goals against 37 Goal difference +35 Points 93
Danny Ings 21 goals, Sam Vokes 20 goals

Burnley First Championship 2015/16
Played 46 Won 26 Drawn 15 Lost 5 Goals for 72 Goals against 35 Goal difference +37 Points 93
Andre Gray 23 goals, Sam Vokes 15 goals

Seems adaptable.
Totally forgot about Ings.
Has he had to retire ?

A mate of mine still bangs the drum for Moyes, almost as a safety blanket to throw over the club when things are grim.

While I think that he effectively performed a financial miracle at Everton, all evidence suggests that the manager who kept Everton afloat through sheer force of will simply does not exist anymore.

Clearly we learned nothing from either Kendall II or III.

I really only think the shouts for Moyes are from those who think we’d be getting 2008 Moyes. With a free 2008 Pienaar and Baines.

Which obviously we wouldn’t be getting!

So we just accept the decisions of our owners and betters? We shouldn't form opinions of our own based on the managers record? Do you go through life doffing your cap?

But with respect your opinion, and even mine & most fans for that matter are based on a whole different set of circumstances to those involved in football.

We do not know if Dyche will be a success or not. We do not know what his style of play or transfer targets might be with us. Our owners do.

Therefore we have no idea if he will or will not get us playing like Burnley of which you are convinced about! Which by the way has them in 7th with maybe only 1 player that gets in our team.

Did you judge David Moyes on his time at Preston then? Did he set us up in same way? No he didn't. And actually over his tenure with us, at times he adapted his formation & style based on the players he had at his disposal WHICH IS EXACTLY MY POINT!

Are you talking about the club or the fans mate? This post could be applied to both IMO.

I believe we are not too far away from a breakthrough. I really do. It's just about finding the right manager and blend of players to play a style of purposeful winning football that's good to watch too. But too many of our fan base are now going into defensive mode and calling for managers like Allardyce to save our season. I think we should still be progressive and looking forward, otherwise we risk losing this potentially special group of young players we have. If that means flirting with relegation in the short term then I think we need t take that risk.

The problem we have is attracting the manager given where we are at the moment. Though I would have thought £6m a year might help with that.

Nail on head. We are simply not going to attract a top top drawer manager of the ilk of say Ancelotti at this moment in time.

Do you not think Dyche uses the style of management and the players he has because it's the most effective way to get results in his situation?

Why do people assume, nonsensically, that managers don't adapt to the clubs and financial position they are placed in. Managers can and do change styles of play depending on the quality of players available. It's naive to think they'll manage in exactly the same way and use the same tactics just because that's what they've done at a club with different resources and ability to attract players.
I understand what you say. But there were a couple of occasions in Moyes reign when we had, what I considered, to be a very strong squad with few injuries. In both periods we really struggled to put a decent run together. Moyes didn't now what his best team was, swapped and changed he starting line ups regularly, and made the strangest substitutions. I came to the opinion that he was a manager who was at his best when his back was to the wall and was down to the bare minimum; i.e the team picked itself.

We have only seen one style of management from Dyche so far and it is similar to Moyes. I've no confidence that he'll be any different Moyes when faced with a wider selection of options. I like the guy though and would give him my full support if we did appoint him. As opposed to Allardyce, in which case I'd probably donate my ST to EITC.

I understand what you say. But there were a couple of occasions in Moyes reign when we had, what I considered, to be a very strong squad with few injuries. In both periods we really struggled to put a decent run together. Moyes didn't now what his best team was, swapped and changed he starting line ups regularly, and made the strangest substitutions. I came to the opinion that he was a manager who was at his best when his back was to the wall and was down to the bare minimum; i.e the team picked itself.

We have only seen one style of management from Dyche so far and it is similar to Moyes. I've no confidence that he'll be any different Moyes when faced with a wider selection of options. I like the guy though and would give him my full support if we did appoint him. As opposed to Allardyce, in which case I'd probably donate my ST to EITC.

Yeah, Moyes made some baffling team selections at times, like playing Rodwell on the right wing.

I really don't know who I want the board to go for. I'm glad it's not my decision, as it's a tough call.

I would rather see a Dyche side that has a pair of gonads than any Koeman side that bends over to every team that turned up
I do wonder how these big name managers would fair at Burnley, I personally think they would all be caught out, the fella at Man city had to spend 200 million on his defence to get a winning team, Jose had Chelsea falling apart with as much money as he could have wished for. Over the park, Klopp is doing a great job isn't he ?, my guess is all our fans who hate the idea of Dyche coming would have creamed themselves if they had got the opportunity to get him before Liverpool, oh, great job he's done.

will Dyche do well ?, as previously mentioned , who knows ?. but I bet he is a better man manager than our previous few,he's premiership experience, he has a better team than we do if the league doesn't lie, and under him I seriously doubt we'll roll over and die anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back