Season ticket renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcing a significant price increase during a relegation battle is up there for the most tone deaf things a football club has ever done.

They can lecture about greed, super leagues etc for as much as they like. They tried to increase prices when our PL status is in big danger. All because they overspent extravagantly for years to fund the lifestyles of millionaire mercenaries who could not give a toss about this club.

Maybe the board could come out and explain their rationale at the next shareholders meeting or in an address to fans...

Curiosity got the better of me.
So,I looked at the Qand A section on the renewals site.
Nothing about relegation.
I'm not being cynical, but our long distance season ticket holders be bothered with stoke at home on a wet Wednesday?
Obviously, be daft to give up a season ticket, but ...

I renewed pretty much as soon as I could.

I'm expecting some kind of price reduction, they can't expect to be charging the same for a vastly inferior product.

I renewed pretty much as soon as I could.

I'm expecting some kind of price reduction, they can't expect to be charging the same for a vastly inferior product.

Oh they can and will, precisely because of this statement above. People just can’t stay away for whatever reason. Glad I did my bit and stopped going in 2019, lost revenue is the only form of protest these crooks will take any notice of.

I did wonder what the implications of relegation are on the season tickets as the club has said nothing so far.

They will sell out I am sure but the fact the club hasn’t mentioned it perhaps just shows that the Mason Holgate mentality of “everything is fine” is evident throughout the entire club

I think the thing which will be quite telling is how they’ll set the match day pricing for next season.

With no cap on away fans in the Championship, they’ll be in for a real shock if they think they’re charging £50 to fans of Rotherham, Barnsley and Wigan and think they’re selling it out.

Think a home fan will be paying £40+ to watch Championship football?

Status
Not open for further replies.