Semi final tickets - where are you sitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That figure of 72% doesn't take into account half season ticket holders who were eligible as the figures were obtained last October.

If we get to the final Half ST holders will have to miss out to ensure as many STH as possible get a ticket. There won't be many who miss out if 28,500 is accurate for this season. I'd guess the allocation for the final will be about 27-28k. If the FA have given 31,000 for the Semi they can't possibly justify taking more than 4000 tickets from each team.

In fact, Greg Dyke has promised to give each team in the final 30,000 tickets this year. If that is true then all STH would get a ticket I would imagine.

Final allocations already confirmed 28,650 per team, up from 25,000

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cu...-ticket-allocations-for-emirates-fa-cup-final

I think weve got more than 28000 season ticket holders, its not unfeasible that we may have sold 2000 or so as half season tickets- its also possible that survey is done on available tickets to purchase by home fans ie around 37000 when you take off visiting allocations so the actual figure from october could be higher

That figure of 72% doesn't take into account half season ticket holders who were eligible as the figures were obtained last October.

If we get to the final Half ST holders will have to miss out to ensure as many STH as possible get a ticket. There won't be many who miss out if 28,500 is accurate for this season. I'd guess the allocation for the final will be about 27-28k. If the FA have given 31,000 for the Semi they can't possibly justify taking more than 4000 tickets from each team.

In fact, Greg Dyke has promised to give each team in the final 30,000 tickets this year. If that is true then all STH would get a ticket I would imagine.

The figure for the final is 28650, half season ticket holders have exactly the same rights as full ST, there is no distinction between them.

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cu...-ticket-allocations-for-emirates-fa-cup-final

I appreciate what two of you have said about the club classing STH the same as half STH, but I can see there being uproar if it's a situation where some STH miss out over Half STH because they can't be on at 8am on the day it goes down that far (if it does).

Half STH should be prioritised behind full ST in that situation IMO.

Looks like around 550 going to be left after all STs have purchased. Can't see it going down much any further than 8 credits at the most?

Guess it'll go 10+ credits, 9+ credits, 8+ credits?

I appreciate what two of you have said about the club classing STH the same as half STH, but I can see there being uproar if it's a situation where some STH miss out over Half STH because they can't be on at 8am on the day it goes down that far (if it does).

Half STH should be prioritised behind full ST in that situation IMO.

But if a Half has been to more aways than a full then they should have priority

Im not going at all..live to far away and far too poor to get anywhere near earning a ticket..

Im going to sit at home and have a dirty protest

But if a Half has been to more aways than a full then they should have priority
It's a murky situation. Theoretically, a fan may have bought a HST in January and only attended six home league games and say two away credit.

Remember away credits have also been given for home cup games which adds another complication, so that's a total of eight games in total.

On the other hand, you might have a full season ticket holder who has attended sixteen home league games this season but has no away credits.

One has attended double the amount of games but is below the other in priority. Would it be fair in the situation for the HST to be above the full ST?

It's only hypothetical but that would cause quite a stink...

It's a murky situation. Theoretically, a fan may have bought a HST in January and only attended six home league games and say two away credit.

Remember away credits have also been given for home cup games which adds another complication, so that's a total of eight games in total.

On the other hand, you might have a full season ticket holder who has attended sixteen home league games this season but has no away credits.

One has attended double the amount of games but is below the other in priority. Would it be fair in the situation for the HST to be above the full ST?

It's only hypothetical but that would cause quite a stink...

As you say its murky, but how far do you go.

I mean say you have a STH that is currently in his 20th year of being a STH, then you have a HST in January for the first time.

As somebody who can no longer afford to attend Aways, I think the current way they do is fine.

Sure it "hinders" the likes of me, but then theres loads of fans who go home and away, yet they buy their tickets from different sources, so as far as the club is concerned they have no "rights" to tickets, yet they have spent more than most following the club.

Theres never gonna be a way that is fair for everybody, damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back